PDA

View Full Version : You Guys Do Realize That.........................

Football4Life
08-07-2007, 09:33 AM
In the reviews we have all read, NCAA Football 08 receieved 8's around the board for being a FULL game. Thats franchise, trophy cases, superstar mode, roster edit's, and GAMEPLAY. Thats a FULL game getting an 8.

2K8 received 7's and low 8's based on GAMEPLAY, LEGENDS, AND ONLINE. If this had of been a full game it would have received 9 or high 8. Does anybody else realize this?

NJake
08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I love both games, NCAA 08 and APF 2k8, but personally a like NCAA a little more because it has a lot of game modes and is solid online. But if 2k8 had more game modes offline it would be an 8.5-8.8 or so. (it would be higher if it had NFL players as well)

WdnUlik2no
08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
In the reviews we have all read, NCAA Football 08 receieved 8's around the board for being a FULL game. Thats franchise, trophy cases, superstar mode, roster edit's, and GAMEPLAY. Thats a FULL game getting an 8.

2K8 received 7's and low 8's based on GAMEPLAY, LEGENDS, AND ONLINE. If this had of been a full game it would have received 9 or high 8. Does anybody else realize this?

exactly! I really hope 2K really brings it next year, improving offline play (franchise, etc). They have a great start and only hope they continue to build on that.

dionisus1122
08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes, they would have had my $$ with Franchise.

DeusExMachina
08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
NCAA is a more complete game than APF 2K8

Chop Stick
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
no its not ^ L M A O

no refs .. ****tier presentation than 2 years before is a "complete game" wtf

:rotfl:

both games couldve been better.. but all pro wins.. because of the solid gameplay.. if it werent for the gameplay, all pro wouldnt have much

Hoser117
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I rented NCAA, if you don't believe me check my Gamertag, Hoser117. It's just, I didn't like it that much. Very unrealistic, and god I almost shot myself when trying to run the ball after playing 2k8. Once you go 2k8, you can't go back :P

The Lob Mob
08-07-2007, 12:39 PM
no its not ^ L M A O

no refs .. ****tier presentation than 2 years before is a "complete game" wtf

:rotfl:

both games couldve been better.. but all pro wins.. because of the solid gameplay.. if it werent for the gameplay, all pro wouldnt have much

Well without 'game-play' we can't 'play' the 'game'. . . .& NCAA's 'gameplay' sux. . . .it just isn't fun :noagree: it better be full of features. . .because they could never sell anything this pathetic based on 'gameplay'

the decider13
08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
True...you can look at it that way to make everyone feel good.

Or you can look at it glass half empty. Madden 06 on the 360 got a 7.4 from gamespot. APF got a 7.5. Ign gave madden 06 an 8, while giving APF 7.6.

I love APF...but it is hard to justify which is better just by the reviews. Madden 06 was a terrible game, just as featureless as APF. Yet very similar ratings. It will be interesting to see what they give madden 08, but only compared to NCAA. Not really fair to compare a first year effort to a 3rd year effort.