zhensoso
05-11-2010, 10:53 PM
It won't be publish in PRC
I can only buy it online
make a package of mafia&mafia II is better
I'll buy it if it less than 100$

Comp_Ali
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Me too , I am in Egypt and the only possible way to buy is through digital distribution , like steam. Just make it available world wide and not like some rockstar titles.

Fugue
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
presumably it wont be available worldwide, some countries still have quite strict laws about game content.

jdwarfer
05-12-2010, 12:08 AM
I want a steam free game.
A box version that doesn't need internet to play it, no steam, no GFWL, just a casual box game.
I don't give a **** about achievements, online play or any online support ****.

I mean, I don't care if there is a steam version, since it should be different from a "normal" box version. Not like Just Cause 2 for exemple. This one is crap because whatever you buy it online or in a shop, it's like you downloaded it on Steam... I hate that.

Beside of that, I agree with you, Steam is good for those who live in places that don't have a proper normal distribution. But I wanna have the CHOICE.
And buying Just Cause 2 in a box didn't give me any choice at all.

Genovese1311
05-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah, i've been waiting for Mafia 2 for 5 years and i'm getting it one way or the other... i have the money to buy it... but unless it is released on steam i won't be able to buy it, because in this s**t country of mine it will probably take 5-6 months for the game to arrive to the local stores (or maybe never)... So it's either steam or piratebay for me :S

...zzzZZZ
05-12-2010, 01:01 AM
A box version that doesn't need internet to play it, no steam, no GFWL, just a casual box game.

I mean, I don't care if there is a steam version, since it should be different from a "normal" box version. Not like Just Cause 2 for exemple. This one is crap because whatever you buy it online or in a shop, it's like you downloaded it on Steam... I hate that.

Beside of that, I agree with you, Steam is good for those who live in places that don't have a proper normal distribution. But I wanna have the CHOICE.

i agree with you... I don't like Steam...:(

Comp_Ali
05-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Hope they don't screw it with stupid kind of DRM , I am saving some money and I only have to get a credit card to buy the game.

InFAILity Ward
05-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Hell no, I'd rather have the hard copy including book+cd+extras and be able to sell it second hand instead of it being tied to my account forever?! for ever ever for ever? FOR EVER@!

Steam also likes to use something they made up themselves called the: 1 dollar is 1 euro cuz-we-sez-so thing!!
They can keep their digital (just as expensive) copy, I'll be getting the real deal!
Who's with me?!

Rebel44
05-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Hell no, I'd rather have the hard copy including book+cd+extras and be able to sell it second hand instead of it being tied to my account forever?! for ever ever for ever? FOR EVER@!

Steam also likes to use something they made up themselves called the: 1 dollar is 1 euro cuz-we-sez-so thing!!
They can keep their digital (just as expensive) copy, I'll be getting the real deal!
Who's with me?!

Prices at Steam are decided by publishers. Also priceses in EU include VAT (which in most EU nations is around 20%).

I also want Mafia 1 and 2 at Steam

Ganja
05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Steam sucks. Get a console and more out of your area.

Charles_Australia
05-12-2010, 03:56 PM
please not steam if you want to get it online but it from direct 2 drive etc

Rebel44
05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
please not steam if you want to get it online but it from direct 2 drive etc

D2D dont have autopatching, gamebrowser etc. and their prices are worse than prices at Steam (at least where I live).
Autopatching is very important for me because I have lots of games (200+) and patching everything manually would be hell.

Rebel44
05-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Steam sucks. Get a console and more out of your area.

Steam is best thing that happened to PC gaming in last 10 years (IMO). Unless you are blind you might have noticed that no1 is calling for Steam to be mandatory, so why would you like to take people options which they like?

You should move to X-Box 360 or PS3 to join other intolerant jerks and leave PCs to people who are not behaving like religious fanatics.

jdwarfer
05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Steam is best thing that happened to PC gaming in last 10 years (IMO). Unless you are blind you might have noticed that no1 is calling for Steam to be mandatory, so why would you like to take people options which they like?

You should move to X-Box 360 or PS3 to join other intolerant jerks and leave PCs to people who are not behaving like religious fanatics.

I don't care about a Steam version of the game, but I want a non-Steam one.
I wanna have the choice.
But I think, according to the achievement stuff, that we'll get a steam version, whatever you buy it online or in a shop...

dinge
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah steam is really some good invention,it's the only reason why I have been playing CS for the last ten years while I lost my disc after three (luckily I still had my code lol).
Anyway, I'm sure Mafia II will make it's appearance on Steam (I mean, BS2 has...).

jdwarfer
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
How is Bioshock 2 box version ?
Is it Steam, like Just Cause 2 ?

dinge
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know, I bought BS2 on amazon and received 1 for free. Afterwords I just inserted the serial into steam. Don't know about JC2 either, I don't like that game.

Charles_Australia
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
i have a ****load of games and i hate steam patching them for me because all of the ****ing time i can't play my games because its patching them and if i don't patch i can't play the game and most of the time i don't have enought internet left to do download the patch anyhow anyway i agree with jdwarfer give has a damm choice if i want steam ill buy it via steam but i want a regular version i want to buy it retail and not have to worry about steam and if i want it i can just add it

dinge
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Well steam exclusive is a stupid idea, I buy all my games on amazon and add the serial on steam just in case my disc stops working. However, I have to say that I have never experienced any problems with steam patching whatsoever. Maybe it's because HL and CS 1.6 are all done patching (they have existed for so long).

...zzzZZZ
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Will be suffice this question:

Steam

Yes or No?

Charles_Australia
05-12-2010, 09:18 PM
no

but i just want the damm choice to have it or not

dinge
05-12-2010, 09:27 PM
no

but i just want the damm choice to have it or not
What are you talking about? Mafia will most definitely make an appearance on Steam.

You do have the choice so why do you keep repeating that?

jdwarfer
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't know, I bought BS2 on amazon and received 1 for free. Afterwords I just inserted the serial into steam.

And Bioshock 2 Appears in your Steam games collection then ?

If it's so, it's like Just Cause 2. It's not independant from Steam, even if you buy it elsewhere.

Comp_Ali
05-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Bioshock 2 uses GFWL not steam.

ironbear66
05-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Steamless Games FTW, i want to touch it, smell it, lick it.
Perhaps not lick it, but you know what i mean, plus digital copies can be deleted, a cd/dvd game you can play it even after companies and services shuts down

Tokerlou
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The first time I want to exchange license game for a piracy copy.
What for to impose Steam if I want to play simply?

Here it is possible to subscribe and leave the opinion.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/steamfordesire/

P.s. Sorry for my English:D