Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting PC patch testers.

Exclamation Recruiting PC patch testers.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few good gamers who are willing to help me test out our PC patch before we release it to the public. However, there are a couple ground rules to be involved:

1. you must have a retail copy of the game, not from Steam of Direct 2 Drive
    2. you must be comfortable giving me your full name, address, phone number, and be willing to communicate frequently with me and the techs about the patch, including giving us access to your log files, etc. so that we can address any errors you may get.
    3. you must sign and NDA and adhere to it.

if you are willing to agree to these 3 ground rules, please email me with the subject line "PC PATCH APPLICATION". in the application, list the following:

name
    address
    phone number
    email address
    full PC specifications (all your hardware as detailed as possible, platform, etc.)
    current issues you are having with the game on your PC

i'll be picking people based on how easily they are able to communicate with me, so please take time to be as detailed and as clear as possible. this is going to help everyone get the patch faster, so thanks for your help!

UPDATE! we need people with the following problems:

People that need to disable High-Level Shaders to play
    People with Vista tablet service issues
    People with mouse acceleration issues
    Anybody who has a non-EAX soundcard they can test with

if you have one of these problems, please email me an application and specify the problem in the subject line!
    Last edited by 2K Elizabeth; 10-09-2007 at 09:57 AM.

nice. I'm on it

When the patch is released, is it going to be put on Steam too?

I will help out 2k Liz..

I check this site 5-8 times a day to see if there will be a darn patch, so I may as well help the process

Quote Originally Posted by Tankkiller View Post
    When the patch is released, is it going to be put on Steam too?
    Yes, obviously. They just want it to be perfected at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellissentials View Post
    I will help out 2k Liz..

I check this site 5-8 times a day to see if there will be a darn patch, so I may as well help the process
    great, please email or PM me your application!

2kLiz, I sent you an e-mail with all my info and FULL dxdiag info.

Please let me know if you recieved this, if not I will resend the info.

It would be nice to have someone suffering from the "long load time" symptom to test this patch. I would volunteer myself, but alas, my version was downloaded from STEAM.

Yeah, I'd love to help you out
    I'm currently living in germany and my parents (yes, still living with them xD) don't speak english or american so if you'll call the right time and they'll get on it you'll hear sth like: "Ja hallo... ah you arrrrre englisch... Philipp is not here now... maybe you called später (later in english)".... but don't be shy ^^ They are nice people and I hope we can find a solution 'cause I'm almost the whole day on the PC playing Bioshock and trying already to fix some stuff myself

I'd love to help, I work in a game store, and it would be highly useful if I could tell people that a fix was on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few good gamers who are willing to help me test out our PC patch before we release it to the public. However, there are a couple ground rules to be involved:

1. you must have a retail copy of the game, not from Steam of Direct 2 Drive
    2. you must be comfortable giving me your full name, address, phone number, and be willing to communicate frequently with me and the techs about the patch, including giving us access to your log files, etc. so that we can address any errors you may get.
    3. you must sign and NDA and adhere to it.

if you are willing to agree to these 3 ground rules, please email me with the subject line "PC PATCH APPLICATION". in the application, list the following:

name
    address
    phone number
    email address
    full PC specifications (all your hardware as detailed as possible, platform, etc.)

i'll be picking people based on how easily they are able to communicate with me, so please take time to be as detailed and as clear as possible. this is going to help everyone get the patch faster, so thanks for your help!
    Could you be kind and explain which issues are dealth with within this patch to be tested?

Quote Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
    I'd love to help, I work in a game store, and it would be highly useful if I could tell people that a fix was on the way.
    The NDA would preclude you from giving specific info on the patch.

You can only talk about what you knew before you signed the NDA.

Would be nice if you gave some more info on what kind of testing on the patch you need, how much feedback you expect etc.

An NDA for a bug fix? Is that really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by TomCo View Post
    The NDA would preclude you from giving specific info on the patch.

You can only talk about what you knew before you signed the NDA.
    Fully appreciated, however as I stated in a previous post, all most people want is the assurance that something is being done, and actually being involved in that process gives credence to the fact.
    In my role as a manager of a games retailer, I already adhere to a company NDA, so I am fully aware of the implications. However, stating that I am actively involved in the process of delivering solutions to the issues experienced will doubtless encourage some measure of faith in 2K and will help to prevent this game getting buried under the deluge of complaints that I receive on a daily basis.
    I firmly believe this to be a fine gaming experience and pride myself on recommending only the best games to my customers. If more retailers were actively involved in this type of process, information would be clearer and more effective, the result of which would be a much better relationship between gamer and developer.
    My apologies for not making this clear originally, the reminder is appreciated.

Hey... a patch... for pc.. on the way! ?

I'd love to test it (being an ex vid game QA with a top track record for spotting flaws/bugs and all that) but I couldn't give my real details and If I got hold of the patch you would probably never release it because I will find something wrong with it!

Anyway, good news you are actually testing it before release and that it's actually 'real'.

Do you need to actually have problems to test the patch? Mine's running fine, but I wouldn't mind helping test the patch if just to see that it doesn't break my game.

ehm could some one specify what a NDA is ?

Quote Originally Posted by seekhunt View Post
    ehm could some one specify what a NDA is ?

Non-Disclosure Agreement.

It means you won't talk about the work you did with us publicly. It's a pretty standard thing for closed betas. I just want to be up front with everyone about it's existence!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisfal View Post
    Do you need to actually have problems to test the patch? Mine's running fine, but I wouldn't mind helping test the patch if just to see that it doesn't break my game.
    We needs all kinds of people -- problems with sound, graphics, people on XP and Vista... Even people with no problems. Apply away!

I am in...

Hope i get accepted, I have several configurations I could test.

I love software testing/debugging - but have never done exclusively end user testing before. Still, it'll keep me well occupied.

Well, im "diving" back into rapture - hope to have good news via PM when i re-emerge

name
    address
    phone number
    email address

i am not sure by what you mean by system parameters ... so what of this dont you want?

ntune Version: 5.05.47.00
    Release Date: July 12, 2007 installed

dont know if i was right to install it but i have this installed:
    Error message when you try to install Windows Vista on a computer that uses more than 3 GB of RAM: "STOP 0x0000000A"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929777

Asus Striker Extreme MB (bios 1305);
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core 2.66GHZ - unoverclocked to 2.7 GHZ;
    Zalman 9700 Heatsink/Cooler;
    4 Gb Corsair DDR2-1250 (PC2-10000) RAM (1250 Mhz running at 534 MHz) expert results in 5-3-3-8-1T at 2.2v;
    Corsair Dominator RAM Cooler;
    Leadtek 8800 GTX x 2 in SLI-mode with the case window panel removed and a HunterQuietFlo™ 401 True HEPA Air Purifier directed at both gpu's (driver 163.67beta);
    3 X Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250gb 7200rpm 16mb cache SATA in RAID 5;
    ASUS supplied Audio Card installed;
    SilverStone ST85ZF ATX12V / EPS12V 850w power supply;
    Dell UltraSharp 3007FPW 30-inch Wide Flat Panel LCD Monitor (2560 x 1600);
    Plextor PX-755SA DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW internal Serial ATA drive;
    SilverStone TJ09-BW black aluminum ATX mid tower case;
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit;

3DMARK06 13077

Asus 680i Striker Extreme - bios template
    AI Tuning: Manual
    Nvidia GPU Ex: enabled
    LinkBoost: Disabled (i think this got removed)
    x SLI-Ready Memory: Expert
    FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked
    x FSB - Memory Raio: N/A
    FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1067 (means 267 mhz FSB)
    Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1067
    MEM (DDR), Mhz: 534 (means 267 mhz speeds)
    Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz: 534
    Bios version: 1305
    Multiplier: 10
    Vcore Voltage: AUTO
    Memory Voltage: 2.2v
    1.2v HT Voltage: AUTO
    NB Core Voltage: AUTO
    SB Core Voltage: AUTO
    CPU VTT Voltage: AUTO
    DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO
    DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO
    DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO
    tCL (CAS Latency): AUTO (sets to 5 - 3 - 3 - 8 - 1T)
    tRCD: AUTO
    tRP: AUTO
    tRAS: AUTO
    Command Per Clock (CMD): AUTO
    Advance Memory Settings
    tRRD: AUTO
    tRC: AUTO
    tWR: AUTO
    tWTR: AUTO
    tREF: AUTO
    tRD: AUTO
    tRFC: AUTO
    Async Latency: AUTO
    CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    SATA Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    LDT Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled
    Limit CPUID MaxVal: Disabled
    Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
    Virtualization Technology: Disabled
    Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled
    LDT Frequency: 5x
    PCIEX16_1 Frequency (Mhz): 125
    PCIEX16_2 Frequency (Mhz): 125
    PCIEX16_3 Frequency (Mhz): 125
    SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, Mhz: 250 someone in asus motherboard forum mentioned that dual gtx needs 250

Oooh, the patch must be getting closer! *excited*

Laptop tester

Count me in,

HP DV9500t Vista 64bit OS and CPU (Intel)

Nvidea 8600M GS

4 gig of ram

Dave

I would help out but I never ever under any circumstances give out my home address and telephone number to anyone online regardless of the reason. No offence Liz , I just never do that and for me , its a rule never to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    I would help out but I never ever under any circumstances give out my home address and telephone number to anyone online regardless of the reason. No offence Liz , I just never do that and for me , its a rule never to be broken.
    no worries, and thanks for your support. i need this information just to verify who you are and be able to contact you about any issues that might arise. we don't sell/share your info or anything. :-)

I would love to help out, since I suffer from 5+ minute load times, but giving out personal information for a BETA TEST simply ain't cool with me. What's wrong with just an email address?

Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I would love to help out, since I suffer from 5+ minute load times, but giving out personal information for a BETA TEST simply ain't cool with me. What's wrong with just an email address?
    its so they can assasinate you if you break NDA

no worries, and thanks for your support. i need this information just to verify who you are and be able to contact you about any issues that might arise. we don't sell/share your info or anything. :-)
    Sure NP Liz I understand. Its just in this day and age you cant be to careful when it comes to identity theft. Some loan companies here in the UK will give someone a pretty hefty loan over the phone with no real checking on whether the person is indeed the one stated if they have correct personal details. And besides I dont think you would enjoy trying to phone me as I only have a Mobile phone lol. And the missus might get upset with strange women calling me on it , cant be having that lol

I would love to help!!!! Pick me, pick me!

Sent you a PM.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think all you guys are too paranoid.
    Send the lady a PM.
    You all have been complaining (just like me) about the need for a patch, come on now......man up.

heh, well said man. tossed an email at ya elizabeth, hope i get picked... just cant seem to get enough of this game... wish they would release an sdk soon.

Email sent and Im with dogbert1280...can we at least get and an answer on if the SDK and Editor will be released? Without mods this game will just slip away in the next few weeks. Mods keep games like HL2 and Stalker alive and kicking.

hell yea man

---------------------
    together more or less in line, just keep truckin on

WARNING

I really wanted to be a part of this so I deleted Steam (so it would be like having the retail version). Except this deleted Bioshock too. WTF?!!

So now I have to redownload the game and I only have a 28.8k modem.

Quote Originally Posted by trek554 View Post
    Email sent and Im with dogbert1280...can we at least get and an answer on if the SDK and Editor will be released? Without mods this game will just slip away in the next few weeks. Mods keep games like HL2 and Stalker alive and kicking.
    I agree, it'd be nice to know. Then again, for all we know, that's why there's an NDA in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by much2much View Post
    WARNING

I really wanted to be a part of this so I deleted Steam (so it would be like having the retail version). Except this deleted Bioshock too. WTF?!!

So now I have to redownload the game and I only have a 28.8k modem.
    ouch man that sucks sry

Emailed you both my system specs.

Forgot to mention I'm a bit of an old hand at beta-testing games and I would imagine beta-testing a patch would be a similar experience. I look forward to buffing out the scratches in this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by greylantern View Post
    Hey... a patch... for pc.. on the way! ?

I'd love to test it (being an ex vid game QA with a top track record for spotting flaws/bugs and all that) but I couldn't give my real details and If I got hold of the patch you would probably never release it because I will find something wrong with it!

Anyway, good news you are actually testing it before release and that it's actually 'real'.
    You're an idiot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast