Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 560 of 1437

Thread: It's time for answers

  1. #521
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew360llooll View Post
    Stop saying off-topic things,or she'll just say f*** this and close the thread,she said to wait,we do what she says and wait!
    Yeah, She is a strong woman.. She wields the banhammer, remember.. Awesome power all over the place

    Don't make her angry! That's the last thing you want to do guys
    Last edited by Enkeixpress; 08-16-2010 at 02:22 AM.

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Guys, last warning. Stop spamming the thread. You'll get your answer, but I don't work faster because you spam. I'll just shut this thread down until I get the answer, and that won't make you happy.

    Final. Warning.

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    135
    Well.. just wait to an answer... because if we keep writing things that are not related, she maybe won't say nothing, and that is the last think i want. I created this thread to know a real and official answer, please don't break the objective of this thread! Just wait until she have a official answer, so keep replying here just with new stuff or with new questions... because she already know our initial questions, have been said more than 20 times! just wait please!

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Argentina,Chubut
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I WANT MY FREAKING GRASS AND BLOOD SPATTER............NOW!!!
    Please shut up.You will get an answer,you only have to wait.


    Be patient,she will be here soon,you'll see

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    183
    Hey man ya whats up, im at university right now and was at the gym. Hope Liz comes through with the info. I hope me be a happy consumer. I wonder if the final versin is better.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Hey man ya whats up, im at university right now and was at the gym. Hope Liz comes through with the info. I hope me be a happy consumer. I wonder if the final versin is better.
    ya great...just dont spam...she weild the banhammer....

  7. #527
    On PS3 i do love the way you can shoot up that bar, the destruction is awesome

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by haydn_18 View Post
    On PS3 i do love the way you can shoot up that bar, the destruction is awesome
    remember that's off topic...i made the same mistake because im new too...but lets start talking about new stuff...now haw can we do that6...any suggestion guys?

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by haydn_18 View Post
    On PS3 i do love the way you can shoot up that bar, the destruction is awesome
    Seriously guys! if you want any hope of ever getting an answer just sit back, relax and wait! Update the page once in a while and wait til the answer is here, please! It's ridicoulous that you can't stop spamming (and yes i am aware of the irony).

    Thanks

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtiger300 View Post
    This proves nothing. This screen of DeathSpank is 1600x1000. That is a res the PS3 doesn't do.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...n/photostream/
    I'm glad that at least one person understood what I'm talking about (I hope): you can't judge technical quality of retail PS3 version on those screenshots because they do not come from gameplay on a console, It comes from developer's tool on PC. I can't believe someone can believe that games are developed straight on consoles - yes, they have special developer's consoles, but they are used only for debugging and testing. Even Nintendo DS games are developed on PCs with special SDK.

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,420
    Guys, repeating what you have all been saying before and reassuring each other about the impending answers counts as spam. Unless you have something new to say, do NOT post it. Liz has already stated that she only wants you guys to post new information.

    If you continue to spam, then this thread will be closed and it will make it THAT much harder for you guys to get answers. Responding to this post counts as spam as well. Thanks.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel-Ru View Post
    Well.. just wait to an answer... because if we keep writing things that are not related, she maybe won't say nothing, and that is the last think i want. I created this thread to know a real and official answer, please don't break the objective of this thread! Just wait until she have a official answer, so keep replying here just with new stuff or with new questions... because she already know our initial questions, have been said more than 20 times! just wait please!
    yea be patient guys...i know I'm not but i don't want this thread to be closed

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    Well I have some new info about bugs,for example there's a wierd audio glitch everytime I enter into the factory from the demo and also once when I got out of the car I left the door open and a car drived thru it without ripping it off...

  14. #534
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    522
    ... I've noticed that my vehicle is sometimes able to go through a metal fence without knocking it down or anything.. like a ghost car (PS3 Demo)

  15. #535
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    This is just an endless wait,we'll never get the answer,I will check out later today if Mrs Liz still doesn't give us the answer then we'll just have to wait and see the reviews and gameplay,anyway I will still buy it...*sigh*

  16. #536
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Hi, not trying to spam, but where i live, it's getting late. Will there be any answers anytime soon?.. Or will they come tomorrow?

    Liz, care to elaborate?

  17. #537
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    Hi, not trying to spam, but where i live, it's getting late. Will there be any answers anytime soon?.. Or will they come tomorrow?

    Liz, care to elaborate?
    She's offline right now,I don't think we'll get an answer any time soon,so...you better go to sleep buddy.

  18. #538
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    231
    I'm just waiting for her to answer so she can shut everyone up in here, so this thread can get close once and for all.

  19. #539
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakabam View Post
    I'm just waiting for her to answer so she can shut everyone up in here, so this thread can get close once and for all.
    Seriously, this is really taking quite a while.. (yeah, i'm spamming, but i will stop after this message and just observe).

  20. #540
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    Seriously, this is really taking quite a while.. (yeah, i'm spamming, but i will stop after this message and just observe).
    The dev team isn't down the hall from me - and they *are* working on game-related stuff, which I know is most important to all of you.

    Regardless of you all breaking the rules, message in coming. Give me a minute to type it up.

  21. #541
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Hey guys,

    When designing Mafia II, we optimized for each of the three different systems the game would run on to make sure the core experience was the best it could be. Because of this, there are some differences from one platform to the next. In terms of the PS3 version, I wanted to clarify a couple points you have been asking about: There will not be highly detailed grass or large pools of blood, the cloth movement is less noticeable than, for example, the PC version, and the visual fidelity in the demo is generally representative of what you’ll see in the full game.

    Our aim is to make a cohesive and immersive experience and optimize the game for each platform so that it could run its best. And while there are some differences between each version, I’m sure you’ll find that the core gameplay and the heart of Mafia II remains no matter whether you play on PS3, 360, or PC.

    Thanks for your patience while I checked with the dev team on the specific issues you were asking about, and I hope you see you in Empire Bay next week.

    PLEASE NOTE: If you have follow up questions for me, you can ask them here. Insults, spam, and other off-topic behavior will result in you being banned, so let's all play nice.

  22. #542
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

    When designing Mafia II, we optimized for each of the three different systems the game would run on to make sure the core experience was the best it could be. Because of this, there are some differences from one platform to the next. In terms of the PS3 version, I wanted to clarify a couple points you have been asking about: There will not be highly detailed grass or large pools of blood, the cloth movement is less noticeable than, for example, the PC version, and the visual fidelity in the demo is generally representative of what you’ll see in the full game.

    Our aim is to make a cohesive and immersive experience and optimize the game for each platform so that it could run its best. And while there are some differences between each version, I’m sure you’ll find that the core gameplay and the heart of Mafia II remains no matter whether you play on PS3, 360, or PC.

    Thanks for your patience while I checked with the dev team on the specific issues you were asking about, and I hope you see you in Empire Bay next week.

    PLEASE NOTE: If you have follow up questions for me, you can ask them here. Insults, spam, and other off-topic behavior will result in you being banned, so let's all play nice.
    Well, that's it.. ps3-owners got screwed ower. Damn i didn't expect that from 2k. Well, i'm done buying 2k products for now. I'm not getting this for ps3. Thanks for the effort Liz, but severely dissapointing that they game developers are that lazy. Well, anyway.. see you guys. Gotta go buy myself something that isn't made by 2k. Now, ban me all you want. And for a follow up question: "WHAT!?". I seriously don't believe how you can make such a horribly looking version of this game for all your fans owning ps3's. I actually think that is kind of an insult, that you actually think anyone's gonna buy this.. and ever buy products from you again. 8 years of waiting, and this is it?... man, i'm disappointed. Not even gonna get this game for any platform.

    Chill
    Last edited by humleren; 08-16-2010 at 05:03 AM.

  23. #543
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    Well, that's it.. ps3-owners got screwed ower. Damn i didn't expect that from 2k. Well, i'm done buying 2k products for now. I'm not getting this for ps3. Thanks for the effort Liz, but severely dissapointing that they game developers are that lazy. Well, anyway.. see you guys. Gotta go buy myself something that isn't made by 2k. Now, ban me all you want. And for a follow up question: "WHAT!?". I seriously don't believe how you can make such a horribly looking version of this game for all your fans owning ps3's. I actually think that is kind of an insult, that you actually think anyone's gonna buy this.. and ever buy products from you again. 8 years of waiting, and this is it?... man, i'm disappointed. Not even gonna get this game for any platform.

    Chill
    The core of the game is exactly the same - the most important aspects of the game remains throughout every version of Mafia II. To me, that is the utmost important thing - that we focused on what we truly wanted people to experience and made it amazing.

  24. #544
    Thats really bad news..... Definitley not buying an inferior Ps3 version.
    Hope no one does. We shouldn't support devs who put out inferior versions on our console because I know that if the right time and resources were put into the project, it would be virtually identical 360 version.
    Anyway thanks for getting back to us, and telling the truth.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 08-16-2010 at 05:07 AM.

  25. #545
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    183
    then why does the 360 version have it, thax for a crappy port

  26. #546
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Thats really bad news..... Definitley not buying an inferior Ps3 version.
    Hope no one does. We shouldn't support devs who put out inferior versions on our console because I know that if the right time and resources were put into the project it would look at least as good as the 360 version.
    Anyway thanks for getting back to us, and telling the truth.
    I really dislike the word "inferior" because I disagree with it completely. I wanted to answer your specific questions about individual details people brought up, but overall the PS3 version of the game is a full world with all the content (and actually exclusive extra content) and an amazing story line full of driving, shooting, and other Mafia goodness.

    It's a shame to put down the work the team has done because of a few specific details - as I said, there are slight differences across all three platforms, but the core and important part of the game is the same.

  27. #547
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    The core of the game is exactly the same - the most important aspects of the game remains throughout every version of Mafia II. To me, that is the utmost important thing - that we focused on what we truly wanted people to experience and made it amazing.
    Well still, it looks horrible in comparison to the other versions. It looks like it was made 3 years ago, and it's made for the most powerful og the consoles. The only problem here is that the effort weren't made to make this game right. And yeah, sure the gameplay is great, but honestly.. don't you think it slightly ridicoulous? Anyway, thanks for the honesty, now i can avoid buying this, and maybe pick it up for 5 bucks some day.. when i have a decent pc, so i can actually get the real experience.

  28. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    then why does the 360 version have it, thax for a crappy port
    Nothing was ported. Each version was built on its own system - be it PS3, 360, or PC. That's actually one of the reasons for the slight variations - there is no port here.

  29. #549
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    522
    Fantastic..

    I'll be going for the 360 version then, Thanks anyway Elizabeth.. If you can, Could you tell the dev team that I'm glad they've at least tried to make a decent port for the PS3.. I'm sure they've tried their best.
    Last edited by Enkeixpress; 08-16-2010 at 05:09 AM.

  30. #550
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I really dislike the word "inferior" because I disagree with it completely. I wanted to answer your specific questions about individual details people brought up, but overall the PS3 version of the game is a full world with all the content (and actually exclusive extra content) and an amazing story line full of driving, shooting, and other Mafia goodness.

    It's a shame to put down the work the team has done because of a few specific details - as I said, there are slight differences across all three platforms, but the core and important part of the game is the same.
    But this is major graphical differences. Nobody actually believed that this game would look that bad, and for an experience that's supposed to make you involved in the story.. the poor graphics just kills it. Hope that you will set this right with some patches eventually. and when it looks this bad, why not just make a terrible port? The result would have been equally bad..and flat grass textures? That's like 1999 tech.. it's sort of pathetic in a sad way..
    Last edited by humleren; 08-16-2010 at 05:12 AM.

  31. #551
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Nothing was ported. Each version was built on its own system - be it PS3, 360, or PC. That's actually one of the reasons for the slight variations - there is no port here.
    Well.. 2K Games need to optimize their tools alot more.. because the PS3 is definately capable of having grass, motion blur & blood pools in all of games on that platform..

    I really don't understand this, 2K Games.. I really don't.

    Okay, If you say that the PS3 can't handle it.. Then your engine is obviously rubbish.

    For an engine that took 8 years to develop.. Wow, Very bad for the PS3..
    Last edited by Enkeixpress; 08-16-2010 at 05:14 AM.

  32. #552

    :(

    well unfortunately since i only have a ps3 i wont be getting the game now unfortunate to hear it could have been a great game. thank you liz for the information that we desperately needed. there is always ACB i suppose. i have been really excited to play the game but unfortunately it looks like we got the short end of the deal. while i might still want to play the game i couldnt go against my own morals in the sense that i would spend my money on a game in which the devs showed such disregrard and disrespect for the PS3 users. so until maybe Spec Ops is coming around. oh by the way thx for not releasing a PS3 beta for it that was really cool. once again dont misinterpret my words Mafia 2 is an incredible game on the PC and i envy anyone who is able to play it. bye 2K forums

  33. #553
    DAM, that very bad news. I think i may just get the 360 version, the dlc, even though looks good, is not worth it, especially if the version is very inferior compared to the 360.

  34. #554
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeixpress View Post
    Well.. 2K Games need to optimize their tools alot more.. because the PS3 is definately capable of having grass, motion blur & blood pools in all of games on that platform..

    I really don't understand this, 2K Games.. I really don't.

    Okay, If you say that the PS3 can't handle it.. Then your engine is obviously rubbish.
    True that.. the most powerfull console available and the worst graphics.. seriously, the xbox, which by now is sort of ancient look ten times better.. that's just sad..

  35. #555
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    183
    They didnt optimize the PS3 at all, have you seen the things that come out of PS3 they lookds beautiful this looks like its a ps3 launch title, no offense but it's half assed. Ya we get DLC but i feel its more a pity move because we get the downgraded version. Very disappointed with 2k.

  36. #556
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    They didnt optimize the PS3 at all, have you seen the things that come out of PS3 they lookds beautiful this looks like its a ps3 launch title, no offense but it's half assed. Ya we get DLC but i feel its more a pity move because we get the downgraded version. Very disappointed with 2k.
    Yeah. True.. flat surface grass... seriously, last seen was like 2000? That's terrible..

  37. #557
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USofA
    Posts
    186
    Can a higher authority please explain the released screenshots of "The betrayal of Jimmy"is that a modified image?I call that false advertising

  38. #558
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLbuRsT View Post
    Can a higher authority please explain the released screenshots of "The betrayal of Jimmy"is that a modified image?I call that false advertising
    Yeah, call that too.. That's definitly false advertising if those were released by 2k.. And that's like Square Enix bad, man.. that's low....

  39. #559
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    183
    Ya hope you guys know thats false advertisisng, bunch of PRETTY UNICORNS, if those shots are from PC but you photoshopped the triangle for PS3 you guys are in a ****load of trouble.
    Last edited by 2K Elizabeth; 08-16-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: edited out insults.

  40. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    I really dislike the word "inferior" because I disagree with it completely. I wanted to answer your specific questions about individual details people brought up, but overall the PS3 version of the game is a full world with all the content (and actually exclusive extra content) and an amazing story line full of driving, shooting, and other Mafia goodness.

    It's a shame to put down the work the team has done because of a few specific details - as I said, there are slight differences across all three platforms, but the core and important part of the game is the same.
    No, no it's not inferior is a rubbish looking game for Ps2, even I could make better games than your hard-working devs!

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •