Thread: Beat Civ V on Diety (Awarded "Flawless Strategy)

Beat Civ V on Diety (Awarded "Flawless Strategy)

I found a way to beat Civ V on Diety and was awarded "Flawless Strategy". Below is a discription on how I accomplished this feat with a TIME VICTORY!

NOTE: Look no further if you don't want any assistance.

The first thing you have to do is set the game up to give you the edge over the AI. When setting up the game, use the advanced settings and use the following.
    - MAP: East vs West
    - Level: Diety
    - Size: Dual
    - NO City-States
    - Make the voctory conditions to (TIME) only. Turn all other off!
    - Additional Options: NO BARBARIANS

Before going any further, add an additional AI, making it a 3 player FFA.

When you first start the game, make sure your first city is placed on the coast line mid way down the map. Send out your warrior to make sure you are the only civ on your side (East vs West). If you find out you are sharing a side with one of the AIs, you will need to stop and redo the whole map. (IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY CIV ON YOUR SIDE)

As soon as you can, get two more settlers and have each one build along the coastline to the north and south. The idea is to isolate your side of the map and deny access to the other two AIs. Once this is done, just play the game for points. No need to build troops, they just take up money. The two AIs will beat each other up the whole game and prevent them from even thinkong about you.

I did this with Napoleon. The only reason I used him for his +1 Culture per city so I could get to the 33% building bonus for Wonders. The AIs suck them up FAST on diety. Get as many as you can as soon as you can. I sugest ignoring all other building if there is the chance to get a wonder. They are worth a lot of points. Points is what you are trying for on this Time Victory method.

OR, here's an idea.

Take the Earth map on the largest setting with full civs/barbs/etc and call me when you figure out how to play the game.

Seriously, getting an achievement isn't that great when you stack everything in your favour. It's beyond sillyness to set things up and have as part of a strategy "reload if a long list of factors didn't work out". And Timed victory? really? The AI is just as easy to take down at Diety as it is in earlier difficulty levels. just get a mass of units (Cats/archers at first) and pound on them til their units are all gone. then walk up to a city and beat it up. rinse and repeat.

hmm. this rigged game makes me want to play a diety game now. Im gonna play a deity game 8 player earth ffa. ill let y'all know how i do later today!

As i take my lunch break i decided id give you guys a heads up on my current situation.

turn 22. An unmet AI has entered the medieval era. turn 24 2 unmet Ais have enterd the classical era. turn 30 you have entered the classical era. Turn 50-score 600, 568, 523, 468. guess which ones me

to the op, i dare you to try a real game on deity. its harder then mp, ill tell you that.

Thanks gawd for diplomatic victory. Sir, please try a real deity game. its hella challenging.

I did deity post-patch with 8 players on a large map and never dared to try again. Montezuma and Alexander pouring out cannons and riflemen before the birth of Christ. The only reason why I lasted long enough to see his birth was because the AI kept on declaring war on each other and I was fortunate enough to be far away from them ... though not far enough to outlast them.

I think a viable strategy for deity is to try and get the enemies to attack each other. Works for me on Galciv II. Just simply pay them to declare war on everyone else. Their lost is your gain. Unfortunately in Civ 5, other civilizations do not comply as readily. I do not think deity on "fair settings" is even possible.

It's very possible on fair settings. I've done it pre- and post-patch. You just can't be 'loose' in your strategy or just mess around and figure it out later.

It's DEITY, not DIETY. Just sayin.

Diety sounds like something to do with diets, and I don't like diets.

Hey, I just found a flawless strategy on Civ IV, even with tons of other civs! Just open the WB and give yourself 2000 ICBMs, and keep'em coming on those other civs! Works like hell! When you meet another civ, just let that sweet Chernobyl scent rain upon them. I know this is for Civ V, but I'm just so proud of myself!

I'm trying to beat the game on Diety on every (civilization & city-state) level on the Pangea Map. Figured that would be the most challenging as in the continent or arch. map you can isolate yourself.

Strategy is the same for winning, build a massive military, before attacking, sell your luxuries, resources, and turn base gold to highest, to get yield max cash. This way you can get money up front. Notice this glitch is the alternative to science negotiations in other civs.

The other main thing I noticed is if you have 2 civs you're fighting at once, that is very hard to do, 3 is nearly impossible. So I make peace with the one I'm basically dominated and get their cash. This way, if another civ makes war, I won't be in this multiple battle.

Any thoughts to this strategy? It works so far on Tiny, Small Maps, work on the Standard....

Any civilization it works, some are better of course, especially the mongols, they are legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgstores View Post
    I'm trying to beat the game on Deity on every (civilization & city-state) level on the Pangea Map. Figured that would be the most challenging as in the continent or arch. map you can isolate yourself....
    Fixed. There's no dieting in Civ5.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgstores View Post
    Strategy is the same for winning, build a massive military, before attacking, sell your luxuries, resources, and turn base gold to highest, to get yield max cash. This way you can get money up front. Notice this glitch is the alternative to science negotiations in other civs.
    Reading this makes me think I play the game too "nice." Tricky, tricky.

It was good in IV when they added the feature that you couldn't declare war within 10 turns of extorting a civ for everything they had. They should probably do the same thing for V that you can't declare within 10 turns of selling all of your luxuries for all of their cash then immediately declaring and getting all your luxuries back. It would at least make you suffer for 10 turns of unhappiness first.