Late game crashes - my latest findings - Is this a fix?
Here is my save that is 100% certain crash at the end of a turn:
I tried everything to be able to play, and nothing worked until today.
I have been experimenting for a while and I found that I can go on playing this game if I put to alert mode all my Heli Gunships before ending a turn. Deleting all Gunships works for me too.
Neither of previous methods worked for me (going to strategic view, downgrading video options, zooming in, playing windowed etc)
I would ask you to do me a favor and try out this save:
- if it crashes on your machine, first try to delete all gunships and end a turn. If this works for you, try putting all Helis into alert mode and then finish the turn.
- if it doesn't crash on your PC, try to purchase and produce as many gunships as you can, give them orders to do nothing until the end of turn.
What is more, I found out that I can finish that way my pre-patch games, which I had posted on this site months ago.
My conclusions are:
- this is not a hardware issue, posting DXDiag is a waste of time,
- late game crashes have something to do with Heli Gunships, and its obviuos that te game is broken.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- I have just found that I can as well give orders to travel to my Helis. So... maybe my late game crashes are related to number of units (specially Helicopter Gunships) that are left doing nothing until the end of turn.
Last edited by Isoetes; 01-02-2011 at 12:23 PM.
I wish you read other treads. For my system the Crash would happen on the Size of the Map not type of Gun ship. Others say it due to Helicopters. Then there Others that claim it depends on the Year.
For my system I done some Tweaking to the Grapics Drivers rolled back to Ati 10.3 and have 700+ turns then crash and when the issue started I could only play directx 9 and get to 500+ turns ati 10.11 10.12.
So for my system part of the problem is Directx 10/11. Where Older ati drivers would work. Yet from drivers 10.7 to 10.12 will only work directx 9