I'm not certain where to post these questions/problems, I guess here is better then other places.
Having purchased multiple copies of Civ IV, due to new packaging, over the years, I was a very happy to see what I thought was a new version of the game. NOT!
What I got was the same buggy game with (computer killing), graphics. Even with the great system I have...it cost me a fortune in time AND money...I still can't play past turn 111 with any of the larger maps...EVEN if I take most of the players out of the game.
Scouts/military units that are tasked with exploring unknown territory, still make a bee-line to the far side of the planet leaving my city in a cloud of uncertainty.
While it is nice (Rolls Eyes), to be able to zoom so far into the map that you can see "the whites of their eyes"'; it serves absolutely NO purpose! I cannot imagine somebody actually playing this game "Zoomed in"...the demand on you graphics card would leave your computer "FRIED" in a cloud of ozone smoke.
Diplomacy, in ANY true sense of the word, is non-existent.
I tried the game with the "RAGING Barbarians" option turned on...LMAO!...I saw no change in their behavior at all! (Alright, maybe I got lucky on that one game.)
Early Units are SEVERELY limited in experience upgrades which almost make it better to lose them then to worry about raising their experience levels.
The same bugs are there that have been around for TEN YEARS now!...Seriously??
In fact they have made this game far WORSE than it ever was.
1) Icons that wont disappear...for one ....is STILL there.
2) Meaningless Diplomacy...(backstabbing is nice..not!)
3) Units that wander aimlessly, forcing you to manually search the map.(so much for automated.)
4) Units that will walk right past the enemy with no notification what-ever!
5) Pointless notifications that constantly pause the game...
6) Meaningful notifications that WONT pause the game...forcing you to end turns yourself or loose!
7) No way of observing your units actions.
8) Workers that run across sea and land to improve the settlement you just started, while leaving your capital a ruin...which is where most of your production should be in the beginning stages of the game.
9) NO option to tell workers what city to focus on improving.
10) NO WAY anybody without a gov grant/Trust fund is going to have a computer capable of playing this game on the highest graphics settings period. (Speaking of the great theory of using larger maps.) Seriously, larger maps have been ask for, as long as this game has been around. Now that we HAVE larger maps ....nobody can use them! At least it looks pretty before it crashes! BRILLIANT!
11) The tech tree has somehow managed to become even MORE simplified, totally linear, and pointless. Should I go for option A(30 turns), or go for option B(60 turns), um, gee, let me think, I know, I'll go for option A and then when that's done, its time for option B and it will only take 30 turns..yuk, yuk!
If this is supposed to be an improved version of the game...Somebody needs to be FIRED! (of course after ten years of the same bugs...this option is apparently never going to be implemented...Does some idiot have Tenure?)
Whats the freakin point of the Mind numbing graphics? Other then the obvious boost to the graphics card industry...or are they trying to bring down Google? I feel sorry for those who are now searching desperately for a card that can play this game. Good luck!
If I've missed something please feel free to inform me.
(Yea, I noticed the new City-States...I like that.)