Thread: Texture Load Error

Texture Load Error

Well okay, sO i tried to look this up for the past half-hour in the forums with relation to the problem/error i am recieving when i am trying to launch the game.

Dont blame me if i couldnt find this, maybe the search engine on this should be more accurate?

Anyhow;

this is the problem I am getting.

When I try to load the game I am getting two "Texture Load Errors":

1- Unable to load texture [Assets/UI/Art/Logos/logo_fork.dds]
    and
    2- Unable to load texture [Assets/UI/Art/Logos/logo_granny.dds]

I got Patch 6 installed, and well yeah, Just wondering what this error is? i will keep this installed for another 2 days min, maybe 3 to see if any leads or tips, or links to how to fix this... if not, im gonna return it to the store where i purchased it from. Thanks, and sorry.

Shawn

Have you verified your games files? Right-click Civ V in Steam, select Properties, and go to the Local Files tab to find the Verify Integrity Of Game Cache button.

Quote Originally Posted by aca882k9 View Post
    if not, im gonna return it to the store where i purchased it from.
    Please let me know what store accepts returns for opened/activated Steam games; I want to shop there. :3

Got the same problem here, what I did to fix this is simple. Go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\UI\Art folder then create the missing folder "Logos". Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Mesa\America folder and copy any two of the .dds files to the "Logos" folder you just created.
    Rename one of them to logo_fork.dds and the other to logo_granny.dds