[QUOTE=TyShine;1348253] The AI had its 100 g, because while I was stuck defending and taking the hill for strategic purposes, the AI took all of the villages to my south. Egypt had three cities while I had two.
i just had time to watch the 1st segment but 2 things jumped out at me. you mention that egypt collected a bunch of gold from south of paris. i thought duke should have slipped his warrior down there instead of sending it back to berlin. also i understand putting the army on the hill, but having at least 1 fortified in berlin would have been almost as good, and not run the risk of him winning a close battle from the hill. funny how little things become huge early on. if he (austin)takes wounds on that 1st barb duke kills him and rolls thru paris like General Georg von Kuechler.
- That barb at the start grew because you took a friendly, not because Madrid was nearby.
- You don't need to go back to peace with an AI to keep threatening. Just engage in diplomacy and choose "no" again.
- Game was in the bag at that point, but you lost use of your KT and Blitz army by not healing them the turn before you moved up to that Greek city. When you leave units wounded in a boat (don't explicitly heal them), they will heal between turns, costing them movement on their next turn. Grayson has a video in which he loses a major opportunity due to this.
Russia vs Chug E's Romans
The last turn was pretty poorly played, but a pretty sweet game I thought! Complete with a few past and present Civ sound tracks.
Also, apparently I am now eligible to upload vids over 15 mins on youtube. That's all they said. Anyone know what the max time is? I'm guessing no max time, but they still cap you at 2 GB per upload.
well, we've convinced him that using horses is good. now we just need to convince him that they are best used for offense, as opposed to defense. just kidding chug. with that start by duke there wasn't much anybody could have done. i don't ever recall seeing 3 ai's present their heads on blocks in such neat order. combine that with the gold and free tech and it was a bloodbath.
I can't really tell what you're trying to do on the last turn, to be honest. It looked like you had an opportunity to gallop into empty Rome if you'd moved your horses to the southern hill instead of the northern one.
But anyway, sometimes Russia just has these amazing starts as if they are not only a real civ but a real good civ. I presume we have game genie to thank for this one!
what's happening with all those people getting 7cities in the first few turns? how often has that occurred to me? 2 times?
Game 2 he was England and I was Germany. I didn't horserush and he did. By the time he had a HA attacking the AI I had an inf warrior army on the hill next to that AI.
I found it funny that he went from saying it was Noob, to rushing with civs that I wouldn't normally horserush with. I've been using more warriors of late so maybe hes right horserushing is noob.
Last night I was playing Zodiac and he was Egypt w/ Colossus. He ended up beating me w/ Oxford Bombers, but after the game he sent me a really nasty message calling me a piece of ** horse rusher and to grow some balls. I wanted to send him to this site, but I didn't think it would do any good. He told me I HR every game and I started laughing. Anyway, how would you guys respond to someone who approached you like this?
forget about zodiac. he is just a nasty human being. he has sent me some vile messages. i usually beat him but i've lost to him too. he had been avoiding me but finally realized i'm on too often to avoid. just report him when he pukes out his texts, or block him.
Look for a video against Morte tomorrow. At least a part or two.
I also have a couple nice Black Ops videos that I might upload. Would anyone be interested or no? I know a few people here play Call of Duty occasionally.
Looks like a sweet game, but I expected better from Morte >_>
->Maybe our champ's a bit rusty?
Oh, and I'd love to see some BO vids....just put it on your channel
my god. PART 3, i demand part 3 !!!
Thanks for watching!
The highlights of this game for me are:
- Teching Irrigation 2nd without checking to see if it's still available, then later doing the same with Literacy. A player like Morte probably isn't interested in those silly techs, especially well after 0 AD. Actually, did the Romans get to Literacy first? You guys left it so long the AI might have.
- Expanding before CoL, but not after. There's really no point in expanding after CoL. As the English, you really just want CoL as a pre-requisite for Monarchy, right?
- NEVER using Fundamentalism. I know you're new here, but two vet horse armies (one with blitz!) on a hill with fundamentalism will beat an archer army. Take the cap. You could have had knight armies or cat armies as well. Morte even made you a road.
I guess Morte must have paid a lot of that Seven Cities gold for CoL from the Romans? I was surprised he didn't have more cities. Neither of you really had enough or as many as I would expect. You left him alone for like ten turns. I know he was focusing on legions and production but I would have expected more cities with 200 gold to start with. I don't know how much CoL costs though.
Good plays there were you getting archers first. Morte probably shouldn't have bothered running the KT around. Keep it for defense. It's useless against longbows. Use a warrior for scouting. Morte had a nice defensive structure, but it wasn't extensive enough and the GW sucked for him. His Seven Cities was nice, but I'd rather have two caps. He was really cramped in there. I would have tried going for islands, but I guess he didn't know you didn't get Nav off the Spanish and perhaps he had gone too far in prepping a legion rush before you got the GW.
The peninsula problem wasn't too big, but taking Rome earlier would have meant for me having all the cities I had something like 10 turns earlier (more gold, col faster, etc...)
I also thought he got navigation, I didn't even bother to look in the tech planner (even if I couldn't see it I think).
2. Yes, I also mentioned I didn't expand very well after COL. I really didn't need to though. Keeping his cities was the priority.
3. You're the 2nd person who mentioned this. Did I get Fundy off him on the galley drop in or something? I don't think I realized I had it so early. Either way, I wasn't sure how many legions he had in his cap. I decided to play it safe and tech up to modern and pick off the outer cities. You can't win with just a cap, and I didn't have the Rome anyways. In my opinion, trying to take his cap would have made no impact other than give me a risk of losing units.
I'm not sure how much he paid for COL. I personally was surprised when he said he paid for it. He could have gotten out a few more cities and just teched it.
Had I not gotten the Great Wall I'm not sure how effective his legion rush would have been. Longbows plus a Great Leader are tough to beat. I only had my cap close, it would have been a hike to my other cities. I would have defended at 27 in my cap if my math is right.
you did get it by taking the first city away from morte if i remember correctly. and you had a lot of battles afterwards where it would've probably been useful.Did I get Fundy off him on the galley drop in or something?
I have a new Black Ops video here.
I know this is a Civ forum, but I've had just as many forum members request Black Ops videos as Civ videos. If you're not interested, then just don't watch! I promise there will be plenty more Civ videos to come.
I told you that game isn't fun. Look at your poor suffering and misery!
Please no music on COD clips....it ruins the immersion