Thread: Civilization V slow performance...

Civilization V slow performance...

Hi,

Whenever I play Civilization V, I get slow to below average performance speeds. I have the game's video settings set to its lowest.

My specs:
    Intel T3400 (2.16GHz, 1M Cache, 2 cores)
    Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express (1.26GB)
    3GB RAM (PC2-5300)

I would certainly blame it to the integrated graphic card you are using; I am afraid if you are using an Intel GM45 it's even a miracle it manages to launch the game at all, since as far as I recall minimum graphic card requires is a 9800 (Nvidia) or a 4830 (ATI).

Agree with MAFIA, with one (minor) change.

Nvidia is the 7900GS, and ATI is HD2600 XT.

Your notebook, is not supported at all, as such, performance WILL be impacted, greatly.

Has anyone noticed performance degradation after the November/December patches?

I run Civ 5, and have just added the expansion pack this week. My PC has plenty of strength, but the Civ 5 program runs 10x slower than it did back in September.

My laptop has a quad core processor. 8 Gig of RAM. Nvidea graphics integrated to my T410 Lenovo laptop.

In short, I am not sure what changed in the Steam version of Civ 5, but my performance now sucks.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

Yep, I noticed it. Though I haven't played Civ for months and has just started playing again for 2 weeks. Its performance's just bugging me, it takes ages for the button to be switched "A unit needs an order" to "next turn". Even with "next turn", I have to click several times for the game to start switching!!!