Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever CONFIRMED!

Balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever CONFIRMED!

That's right, gals and guys - there is, indeed, a Balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever coming out on PS3, 360, and PC.

Ask any questions you may have of this badass collection - and celebrate here.

:O no words can express this awesomeness

Just pre-ordered all three versions on Amazon. I really don't like using my credit card online so if I see an European site with PayPal payment option I'll go with that. Now where on top of my closets shall I put one of those statues?

Also, a big fat thanks is in order for 2K of delivering such a fantastic collector's edition that's worthy of Duke! Thank you!
    Last edited by Iggy_; 02-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.

I cant celebrate because I can't buy it from Argentina, amazon keeps rejecting my adress. Please Elizabeth, find me a way to get 2 copies!! I will buy 2 copies!!! please!!!!!!

hooray! liz, can you tell us how big the statue is and what it's made of??

The statue is 12,7 cm high according to this webshop;
    http://www.gameware.at/info/space/Du...+Steel+Edition

No idea about the material.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_pretty View Post
    hooray! liz, can you tell us how big the statue is and what it's made of??
    Indeed I can! It's made of resin and it's 5 inches tall.

Do we have a price?

Also when can we get another epic unboxing video, I am hoping to see Delta and Duke fight it out

$90.

1.) Is the outer box paper or some sort of metal?

2.) What is the paper craft?

This CE rocks. Duke would be proud.

Pre-ordered mine a while ago. PC version and overnight shipping.

Poor Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    1.) Is the outer box paper or some sort of metal?

2.) What is the paper craft?

This CE rocks. Duke would be proud.
    The box is going to be cardboard - but it's nice and it's sturdy.

The papercraft isn't finalized yet, but when I have a sample in my hands I'll snap a photo for you. I can tell you that it's awesome, that it's Duke, and that it's made by the same guy who did our BioShock 2 papercraft.

This is what i said when the picture was leaked few days ago , and i erased it (but backuped) since i thought it was too good to be true.

I am freaking stoked for a fnsdishjd minute , i can't beleive my eyes THIS IS UNREAL. !!!!!!!!!!! THE BOX IS ˘˘˘˘FANTASTING , BALLLS OF STEEL , EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please make it UNLIMITED so it can be availabile in my distant little city in central europe (but we're small so stuff get's here hardly) please i want it in my stores not just a few countries and that's it.

The NUKE symbol on the DVD , freaking YES!

EDIT:

Im going to "kill" the guy who did the fake image if this is fake ! This is insane , this is over the top (disregarding other standards) what DN3D was all about.

Ahaah there it says Balls of Steel edition , this is absolutely out of control , this is the most epic CE i have ever seen in my life this is absolutely crazy.

Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition will be available exclusively through GameStop and Amazon in the United States. Quantities will be limited, so be sure to pre-order as soon as you can!
    http://tinyurl.com/yfao5zp

Edit: (the url warning is a flase positive)

To clarify, the Balls of Steel edition will be available in other countries as well; that note is just saying that in the United States, it will be exclusively available through GameStop and Amazon.

To clarify, the Balls of Steel edition will be available in other countries as well
    was just going to ask about that, ta, hope the UK isn't forgotten

need that bust for my desk

100$ bucks for console, 90$ bucks for PC according to Amazon.

http://amzn.to/h94xmp

I was hoping the bust would be a bit bigger but oh well.

They're able to keep the cost down on these CEs by having small items - small bust, small artbook...

Elizabeth, do you know what the dimensions of the comic will be, and also how many pages?

I'm going to guess that it's a mini comic similar to the size of the artbook, instead of the "regular" size of most "normal" comics.

It's too bad Duke didn't get the BioShock 2 treatment with a pretty deluxe box and large art book. Now THAT was a CE. Then again, we don't know exactly what the box is going to be like.

I'd definitely have been willing to pay a bit more if only the artbook had been larger, and if the package had been a tin instead of a cardboard box. A tin would have just been epic and really the icing on the cake for this CE.

I live in Canada, but I've pre-ordered from Amazon.com. Sorry local game stores and Canadian websites, if you're not prepared to accept my pre-order on Day 1, then no pre-order for you. If it's a limited edition, I want my pre-order in as soon as possible.

I'll check on the size of the comic - but yes, you can expect it to be about the size of the artbook (or around the size of a video game case, since that's about the footprint we're dealing with.) As for the artbook, I think you'll dig it - I'm the editor of it, so I can personally attest to the awesomeness of the art and interviews in there. It's done in the same kind of style as I did the BioShock and BioShock 2 books.

Totally buying this, just got to wait for it to become available for pre order in Australia.

Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition will be available exclusively through GameStop and Amazon in the United States. Quantities will be limited, so be sure to pre-order as soon as you can!
    How limited are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    They're able to keep the cost down on these CEs by having small items - small bust, small artbook...
    Maybe it just comes with age, but over the years I've learned to fully appreciate small busts...

And thanks for the answers, Liz. Looking forward to the papercraft reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post
    To clarify, the Balls of Steel edition will be available in other countries as well; that note is just saying that in the United States, it will be exclusively available through GameStop and Amazon.
    Thanks

Yeah i thought that was the context , like a few .. quite a few minutes later, and was going to post this as an idea/speculation but you were faster than me

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Maybe it just comes with age, but over the years I've learned to fully appreciate small busts...

And thanks for the answers, Liz. Looking forward to the papercraft reveal.
    i see what you did there........

awesome info about all this stuff ill def be pre ordering this tomorrow

Pre-ordered already, just have to switch it over to the Balls of Steel Edition tomorrow at Gamestop.

It's still limited to just 2,000 correct?

Liz how big is the Artbook going to be page wise? I mean from the looks of the picture it looks pretty light. Then again you're the one editing it so, I can assume much behind the scenes details?

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    Liz how big is the Artbook going to be page wise?
    As the picture says in the text, it's 100 pages

Quote Originally Posted by gamertam View Post
    It's still limited to just 2,000 correct?
    No, there should be more than 2,000. Remember, the mockup says "Art not final," so the certificate, including the number shown on it, may not be the final art. I think Chris, Gearbox's community manager, was more specific at first, but it seems he's edited his post. This is what he mentions though:

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF, Gearbox Community Manager
    Quantities will be limited, so be sure to pre-order as soon as you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    As the picture says in the text, it's 100 pages
    Gahh didn't see that >.<!

So is Duke's smirk from the regular game cover gone in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by TheParasite View Post
    So is Duke's smirk from the regular game cover gone in this version?
    Doubt it. Based on this art, I think that inside the cool logo box will be the regular, retail DVD case.

So North America will get the US retail DVD case art with the smirk and cigar, other regions for example will get the cigar-less better face - the DVD case art will be as we've already seen.

And about quantities... 2K must have made WAY too many LEs for BioShock 2. Apparently they were kicking around for months at retail. I think they started gauging quantities better after that.

Taking BioShock 2 as an example, people on these forums were holding off on Mafia II limited edition, not bothering to pre-order it. That was a mistake - when I picked up my LE copy of Mafia II, the person at the store told me how limited they were, and how people were especially looking for the PC copy but they couldn't get them.

So when ChrisF at Gearbox says they'll be limited, and make sure to pre-order... I'd definitely do it as soon as you can.

Sadly, there are no steel balls or an empty pack of chewing gum to be found.
    A lot of people going for the CE , why making so limited , it will never get into my country cause germany france UK an netherlands get shipments across the atlantic first! DAMMIT!

.... But stuff is made locally these days (assembled and packaged in each region separately) so definitely no "shipping around the globe" , but still im far away from big countries who eat all the CEs.

So far I've found these places to pre-order from;

- Amazon.com (US) [1]
    - Gamestop.com (US) [1]
    - Gameware.at (EU) (no price mentioned) [3]
    - Shopto.net (UK) [2]
    - Bol.com (NL)

[1] = Credit card required, no PayPal support.
    [2] = PayPal support, but credit card required anyway just because.
    [3] = PayPal and credit card support.

Hey Elizabeth, can you tell me if this will come to the UK?

I really want this edition but am unsure if I should import a copy or wait for UK stores to start stocking it.

EDIT: Disregard the question, I saw 2K Greg's response and look forward to this edition of the game, so glad that you people at 2K are making all those years waiting worth it.

2,000 copies world wide may be way too small, I would say atleast 10,000 or more.

2000 is not the limit, guys. Confirmed. Also, it will be available internationally. Also confirmed.

I have a question for you Elizabeth. Since you edited the art book, can you tell us whether its content is that of the evolution of DNF from the earliest renditions up to the current build? Or is it just something with concept art and such from the current build and nothing else?

I thought some of you guys might be interested in this, GamesRadar is giving away a pair of Duke Nukem's balls… massage balls that is Check it out here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/grs-week...21118124426032

Hey Elizabeth, can you tell me if this will come to the UK?
    as the post above yours listed shopto.net have it for pre order.

Just a question - Any news on the Duke being region free for Xbox 360?

I'm from Australia and I pre-ordered the BoS edition from Amazon yesterday. Hoping the game will work with my PAL system.

For $89.99 and free delivery ON RELEASE DAY with Amazon Prime members, there was no sense in waiting. I expected it to cost more. I ordered that bad boy in a matter of seconds.

I too am an Aussie that would like some info in regards to this edition being released here. Any word so far? EB Games aren't sure yet, and I can't seem to contact Gamestop to ask if they would ship me a PAL or region free copy, if ordered through them.

Any info would be awesome.

Honestly, the minute 2K Elizabeth has info about overseas availability, she'll post it. Asking won't change a thing. I guarantee she isn't sitting on that kind of info.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast