Thread: Can I Disable Opening Movie?

Can I Disable Opening Movie?

1. Can I? It is way too long.
    2. Where is the directory located where I can do so and how if it can be done at all?

"read before posting"

it's stickied

Duh ! Sorry.

everyone has lapses (xcept me!)

Hit "Escape" right before the blue balloon starts and the movie will end with the old man. That method does not work with everyone.

Sirmaru, please stop spreading this misinformation.

You have been informed multiple times before that this is incorrect.

The movie is a loading screen, nothing more, nothing less, and the timing of when you hit escape (or any key) has no bearing on when the game has finished loading in the background, and when the video can be stopped.

doesn't matter. this thread's purpose has been accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumTarantino View Post
    Sirmaru, please stop spreading this misinformation.

You have been informed multiple times before that this is incorrect.

The movie is a loading screen, nothing more, nothing less, and the timing of when you hit escape (or any key) has no bearing on when the game has finished loading in the background, and when the video can be stopped.
    WRONG, Quantum. If I do not hit escape, the movie runs considerably longer. Yes, the ESCAPE key shortens the movie FOR ME. Obviously, YOU are circulating wrong information. I did say in my comment that technique does not work for everyone.

Its possible YOUR PC is less capable than mine. Buy a new Dell. Then run that test.

By the way, I've played 41 games using 230 hours of game time so far with Civ V. How many games have you played and how much game time have you expended? Do you even play Civ V at all?

You do have a great skill at DXDIAG diagnoses. How about putting all that in one sticky so the rest of us can refer to it?

Usually I hit shift+f12+escape while holding my breath with my eyes closed jumping on one leg in a counter-clockwise circle, which causes the screen to go black until the game has finished loading. this method may not work for everyone, but is fun to try none the less.

If you dont press esc the movie plays to the end.
    If you do press esc the movie stops once it has finished loading in the background (for me it's just as you see the top of the old mans head).

Quote Originally Posted by SPC_UK View Post
    If you dont press esc the movie plays to the end.
    If you do press esc the movie stops once it has finished loading in the background (for me it's just as you see the top of the old mans head).
    Thanks for confirming that. Maybe Quantum will accept it now. For me, if I hit it just right, I don't even see the old man. If I do it wrong, I get to the part when the old man turns his head.

I think QT owes someone an apology

Quote Originally Posted by SirMaru View Post
    WRONG, Quantum. If I do not hit escape, the movie runs considerably longer.
    This i did not refute, Esc causes the movie to end, once the loading is complete.

Hit "Escape" right before the blue balloon starts and the movie will end
    This, i did refute, and reminded you, that you have been told TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that this is not true.
    The timing of when you hit the esc button, and the position of the initial loading screen, are not Static.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumTarantino View Post
    This i did not refute, Esc causes the movie to end, once the loading is complete.

This, i did refute, and reminded you, that you have been told TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that this is not true.
    The timing of when you hit the esc button, and the position of the initial loading screen, are not Static.
    Unfortunately, it IS TRUE. I don't believe you ever even played ONE game of Civ V. This proves it to me. I saw in another thread you always play Civ V offline. That is also FALSE since you would not have received any upgrades that way. I have never seen a post by you on Civ V game play and the excitement of the game, itself. Are you on Facebook by the way? There is a Quantum Tarentino there also who sounds a lot like your persona here.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. You get your fun helping others here and that is a positive good. You are not a Civ V PLAYER, however.

In another thread I've invited you to help all of us starting in Shogun 2 next week when its released. Even I may need your help getting that game running. I admit to being fallible. So far you have not admitted that.

The link for that Forum is here:

http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...l-War-Shogun-2

You don't really have to play any video game to be able to help others run it. There will be plenty of folks there next week with the same complaints we've seen here.

Or the OP can just follow the instructions in the sticky, to turn off the opening movie altogether, which seems to be what he did yesterday.

No SirMaru, it is NOT.

The TIMING of your keystroke, has NO relation, in the DURATION of the intro movie.

Indicating otherwise, is misleading people in this forum, who are looking for assistance, and is generally unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AeEsBii View Post
    Or the OP can just follow the instructions in the sticky, to turn off the opening movie altogether, which seems to be what he did yesterday.
    @AeEsBii,

Turning off the opening movie does not shorten the load time. It is just a blank screen then.

@QuantumTarentino,

I don't report to you and you are NOT a Moderator. Thus, I do NOT have to follow your orders. I happen to be RIGHT and the MOVIE length is affected by the timing of the press on the Escape Key. The reason you disagree is that, since you never played Civ V, you never had the chance to try that procedure.

You did not refute my claim that you never played Civ V. If you had played it, you wouldn't be disputing my assertion on how to limit the time of the Movie which was confirmed by another player here. I suggest you BUY CIV V and play it. You may just find it a great game.

I come here to find out information to play Civ V and share my findings with others. You come here to assert your expertise. My recommendation, GET A JOB in the Computer industry where they will train you and you will earn money doing exactly what you are trying to do here.

I'm retired and spend my entire day playing games, watching TV and reading eBooks. I spent 66 years working and don't need to do it anymore.

OP's question answered.

Closed.

P.s. stop bickering.