Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bioshock 2 Protector trials

but if the patch were included wouldn't we be able to play? Not to mention wouldn't the version number change? I still have version 1.0 on my screen.

but if the patch were included wouldn't we be able to play? Not to mention wouldn't the version number change? I still have version 1.0 on my screen.
    yes it would. and im seeing the same thing. this is starting to feel shady, im beginning to believe this is just another big fish.
    and just look at that
    http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...otector-Trials
    somebody is laughing at us right now
    just useless advice and troll. yea that looks like it will keep the spirits up

Arrow So... what?

Hey there guys,

the lord of darkness and Chaos writing here.

So we FINALLY got the Protector Trials. Did I say FINALLY already? Well... thanks 2K.

But that stuff did not work until this nano second. Maybe the other guys here are right, when they say that the patch had to be released before the DLC to get it workin'.

Could you please do that, 'cause I burn to play it .... TODAY!

Cheers,

Lord Abi

Quote Originally Posted by Morgothom View Post
    i wonder how that could be possible. it almost seems like they dont want us to play it on pc.

does it work for you tapper?
    I have not downloaded it yet because I am waiting on a patch release. This version doesn't seem to be stable. I can't download from work anyway.

wise decision sensei. youre not missing anything

ok....new thing. I have no idea if it's related, but I can't pick up little sisters anymore x_X.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-SilverWolf View Post
    Not to mention wouldn't the version number change? I still have version 1.0 on my screen.
    The version # never changes

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...Technical-Info

Has anyone gotten the rebirth achievement since you've downloaded the Protector Trials?

Quote Originally Posted by Death31133 View Post
    Has anyone gotten the rebirth achievement since you've downloaded the Protector Trials?
    I don't think 2K ever even acknowledged that this wasn't working? I hope it gets fixed.

Doesn't Work. I will never ever get another game with gfwl enabled. This is horrid and there is no excuse for it.
    2K is no help either. They provide no information, no help, and questions are blocked with no really answer. The Tech Guys are out of clues and nothing really works. What a shame.

unfortunately, I can't sign in to GFWL anymore..?
    It said I logged in, and I can still play the game.. But when I try to either download the DLC or startup GFWL myself (outside of the game) it sais it can't connect or something.
    What's wrong? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-SilverWolf View Post
    ok....new thing. I have no idea if it's related, but I can't pick up little sisters anymore x_X.
    Prob the patch that needs to come SOON.

*Pauses download*

Quote Originally Posted by Cerobec View Post
    it sais it can't connect or something.
    What's wrong? :S
    It's hard to help when your description of the problem is "it can't connect or something"

It could be your firewall if you're having connection problems. GFWL doesn't play nice with firewalls.

If you're seeing any prompts to update your GFWL client, you may need to do that.

Thanks. I never had problems with it before, and my firewall permits GFWL acces to the internet.
    The error it gives me doesn't tell me more then ''it can't connect'' too.. So I don't have any information for you besides that :S
    I can try to update it, how do I do this? Because it doesn't give me a message.

Try shutting down your firewall, just to test it.

Suddenly it DOES start up.. With a different layout as well. So maybe in the background it updated or something?
    Anyways..
    Now I tried to download it but it still denied me from doing so because ''I'm not 18''.
    That sucks.. really hard -.-
    I'll be 18 this november, though.. But still :S

Thanks for your help though, Relight

Quote Originally Posted by Cerobec View Post
    Suddenly it DOES start up.. With a different layout as well. So maybe in the background it updated or something?
    Anyways..
    Now I tried to download it but it still denied me from doing so because ''I'm not 18''.
    That sucks.. really hard -.-
    I'll be 18 this november, though.. But still :S

Thanks for your help though, Relight
    It will let you download it in-game

It.....Doesnt.....Work!!!.....arrrrrrgh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Death31133 View Post
    It will let you download it in-game
    I just found out it does I just had to let my parents give permission.

So I can finally play now xD Yay!

I'm missing a Tech Guy with the right clues to get the DLC working.

I never paid attention to the people shouting ''WHERE DO I FIND THE DLC ONCE DOWNLOADED!?'', thinking ''omg look in the menu''...

But in my game menu: I can't click the ''play DLC'' button under 'extra's'.
    So .. How do I boot the DLC now?

Been waiting 7 hours for an answer/response to that question.

When 2K Games said they were releasing the DLC for PC, they only said just that. "We're releasing it." They never actually said it was going to work. Just sayin'.

I find it odd that no one from 2K Games has said a peep about this. They're probably thinking. Oh no, here we go again! Has ANYONE gotten it to work? If so, HOW?

So you could say ... Protector Trials, Minerva's Den, and final patch coming to a PC near you .... just not yours mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by nytiger73 View Post
    I find it odd that no one from 2K Games has said a peep about this. They're probably thinking. Oh no, here we go again! Has ANYONE gotten it to work? If so, HOW?
    All the people who work on this site are traveling back from PAX East, where they've been over the weekend.

key validation doesn't seem to matter
    Last edited by rootbeertapper; 03-14-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Hey guys,

Anyone who is having problems with the content should completely reboot (just in case) to make sure everything has installed properly. I have already asked my contact who has confirmed that all the content and the patch is properly uploaded and QAed - so if that isn't working for you, let me know and I'll investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone who is having problems with the content should completely reboot (just in case) to make sure everything has installed properly. I have already asked my contact who has confirmed that all the content and the patch is properly uploaded and QAed - so if that isn't working for you, let me know and I'll investigate.
    None of us have gotten the update but the DLC downloads fine.

Elizabeth, I've rebooted, reinstalled, Protector Trials doesn't work, and the Patch didn't install either.

Same here, PT installed with no problems but patch is nowhere to be found!?! I think nobody have been able to install the patch yet so there's definitely something wrong. I'm so in love with these technical problems<3

Protector Trials installed okay for me (some new files have appeared at least!), but no sign of a patch.
    I tried a reboot, but the only thing that changed was that the LIVE overlay has dropped downward by about 12 pixels.
    Last edited by OtherworldBob; 03-14-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Clarity

That and the video in the launch credits seemed to be out of sync.

Could you please hand over the patch to a official download-site so everywhere could supply the patch manually? This way the patch should work properly and so the PT DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherworldBob View Post
    Protector Trials installed okay for me (some new files have appeared at least!), but no sign of a patch.
    I tried a reboot, but the only thing that changed was that the LIVE overlay has dropped downward by about 12 pixels.
    Can you play it? I am unable to get the menu option to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeertapper View Post
    Can you play it? I am unable to get the menu option to appear.
    No such luck.

Can people check the downloads section on the GFWL Marketplace application and see if you have a game key assigned.

Can people check the downloads section on the GFWL Marketplace application and see if you have a game key assigned.
    I don't have one

me either... is this normal?

No key assigned here, but I don't think that is significant - the Batman DLC I have doesn't have a key either. In fact, the only thing that does is Tinker.

I've re-installed the game, re-installed the DLC and no dice. When I first re-installed, I did download a patch, although I am not sure it's the one that makes PT work. Please investigate Liz. This is getting mighty annoying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast