Thread: Playstation 3 - Hacking Speed

Playstation 3 - Hacking Speed

Greetings...
    I have seen an issue with Bioshock 2 for the Playstation 3 console. The game itself runs but after the last PS3 update, the one specifically set to allow you to adjust the auto off on the controller there seems to be a delay in the time it takes to stop the needle in the hacking part of the game. Before the patch if I was to push the (x) button the needle would stop immediately. Now, I push the button, there is about a 4 to 5 ms delay. I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this. I am not sure if it is the PS update or maybe my controller or possibly something in the game. Thanks!!

If this is indded true I imagine we will see a few more reports on it.

Not sure if any of the standard troubleshooting methods would really alter it at all...

Ian,
    I sent a support ticket in as well and I received a response from Matt. He mentioned to clear the game data and re-install. I did that and it seemed to help somewhat. I still notice frame rate issues and I am not 100% sure the PS3 update 3.60 caused it but I have several games that have issues and several data files that have been corrupted. I sent a message to Sony to see if I could get feedback but haven't heard anything.
    Dan

Depending on how long you have had the PS3, the elusive 'hidden menu' may help out.

It is hard to explain, but have a quick look on YouTube for 'ps3 hidden menu'. You want to go for options 3 and 4.

Ian,
    This is what I found out...Actually, the issue with the hacking speed seemed to have been caused my corrupt data that resulted in the update of 3.60 firmware. I ended up restoring the file system and had to perform a system restore with a full format, that wasn't fun. I then started fresh with a new data install and the game was back on track. I will say Sony had never heard of issues of the sort as far as lag from the controller. Strange, very strange, at any rate, I do appreciate your time!

Dan

No worries. As much as I am pro-Sony (damn you XBOX!) they can both be fairly.... slow on the old uptake when contacted.
    I wish we didn't have to, but sometimes we have no choice but to stress "do not mention the name of the game", because the moment you do they just give you the number of the publisher, regardless of the nature of the issue.