Thread: Game not Responding, need help!

Game not Responding, need help!

Hello. Civilization V installs fine on my computer, but when I try to run the game a white/blank screen appears and at the top it says (Not Responding).

My computer:

Type: HP Pavilion dv2700
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64x2TL-58 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 2048MB Ram
    DirectX: DirectX 11

Graphics: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Chip Type: NVIDIA
    DAC TYPE: 8 BIT
    Display Mode: 1024x768 (32 bit)(1Hz)

In your BIOS are you able to check how much video memory is currently being provided? (Or better yet, can you change it?)

Where did you copy the Display Mode information from? 1Hz is... odd.

Can you post all of the Display Devices section of your dxdiag report?

If you have an Nvidia chipset then it's probably got a Geforce Go 7150. I'm sorry to say, even if you get the game running it will probably perform very poorly. The minimum system requirement for graphics is a full desktop GeForce 7900. (Also the minimum CPU is a desktop-class Athlon X2 at 2GHz. The laptop-class Turion will be very slow.)

That display information if from the device manager, and indicates that the Driver for the Adapter is not currently installed.
    Im in agreement that this is a Nvidia 7150, and wont work properly, FWIW

I finally tracked down the most recent drivers that should be compatible with that laptop (I needed to find out which nForce chipset it was, first).
    64-bit Windows 7: link
    32-bit Windows 7: link
    (I'm not sure which one you need, although if your OS is just labeled "Windows 7" it's the 32-bit version.)

However, they're from 2009, which predates Civ V, which means if there are any driver incompatibilities then they will not be resolved (because there won't be any new drivers for your laptop's graphics chip).