Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1878

Thread: Bioshock Skills Leaderboard V2

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicFish View Post
    I remember this one time where it was SoTF and you and whitetiger were in it. That's the only time I'd say I clearly hunted you guys back then, all the other times that it seemed like I was, just being coincidence or how the match went.
    oh yah haha i still enjoy sotf matches. thats actually how me and r3d found white tiger the other day. but fishy you've played me from my newb stage haha.

I don't understand why you guys have a problem with people putting themselves on there own list.And saying that people who are jerks dont get high on the lists. My first leaderboard post I put myself on it...? And I still played like a jerk but everyone had me high on there lists.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFears View Post
    I don't understand why you guys have a problem with people putting themselves on there own list.And saying that people who are jerks dont get high on the lists. My first leaderboard post I put myself on it...? And I still played like a jerk but everyone had me high on there lists.
    Where we're you on your second list? I didn't put you high on my list til you stopped playin like a jerk. At least against me.

As much as I dislike jeneric2009, s/he's really quite a good player, when not EB'ing. I'll have to fit him/her into my list somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRayLiotta View Post
    It’s interesting that bil28 puts you on his skill list if it’s true that you just met once ever in-game. You must have made quite an impression..

PS I didn’t buy this game until a lot of the old-timers already were out or on their way out. But bil28 made a short comeback a few weeks ago, and I played about a dozen matches with and/or against him. He was really good I must say! Reminded me a bit about widowjack cause of the TK and shotgun he used a lot. It was best to catch him offguard to get a kill on him, 1-on-1 in close combat he was really deadly…
    Well I have Bil28 on my list too, even number 1 spot, even if I only played him once. Why? Because so many other friends and other elite players, who I completely trust told me about him and how he used to run every lobby and managed to kick all the Stun headshotters asses with EG/SG AD/TK. On a side note he also kicked LJ's ass in 9 out of 10 times in 1on1s, you can ask LJ for that yourself if you dont believe it. I guess the reasons for Bil to put me on his list were similar, but also because I kicked his butt in an 1on1 100:10 or sth..He lagged hard and was rusty, but I guess I still left quite an impression with that.

P.S.: Yeah Ive seen that on youtube; MichaelDK2 uploaded a couple of videos including him. He is still very good but definetely was even way better back in the days from what Ive heard.

Lightbulb

What I wrote had nothing to do with u. But the ignore list was not a good idea, I admit. The main problem is that there is no auto login on this site, and I usually check for updates on my mobile phone a couple of times a day. No way Iím gonna manually punch in username/password each time I check out the site just to avoid reading posts by a user. Better to ignore specific posts that are annoying and garbage-like, I think now.

EDIT: Doh, there is an autologin, I never saw it until now. I've always logged in by typing "reply" to a post, and then punching in username etc manually each time..
    Yeah, sure it didnt. Because a SKILL leaderboard is about maturity and social skills

7. sigh, just drop it.
    On topic (skill), talking about MichaelDK2, I'm gonna give some props to him. Forgot him on my list earlier, maybe because hes a really quiet player. Almost never uses the chat function. Anyway, he is one of the players who inspired me to use aero dash more, and its obvious that he's having fun, using varied loadouts, and is actually very succesfull with winter blast /machine gun. Its cool that not everybody tries to nade spam or zap and headshoot.
    Recently I found out that he's released an amazing library of complete MP matches on youtube (I think theres almost 300 now!!). After that, I've always tried to make sure not to play like crap, or write too much crap, when he's in the lobby

sigh, just drop it.
    On topic (skill), talking about MichaelDK2, I'm gonna give some props to him. Forgot him on my list earlier, maybe because hes a really quiet player. Almost never uses the chat function. Anyway, he is one of the players who inspired me to use aero dash more, and its obvious that he's having fun, using varied loadouts, and is actually very succesfull with winter blast /machine gun. Its cool that not everybody tries to nade spam or zap and headshoot.
    Recently I found out that he's released an amazing library of complete MP matches on youtube (I think theres almost 300 now!!). After that, I've always tried to make sure not to play like crap, or write too much crap, when he's in the lobby

I just watched this one: http://youtu.be/YYTgRX2UBvQ

If my game ran this smooth, I have no doubt I would be one of the best players in the game.

I've watched his entire PS3 series. I don't think English is his native language, i think it's Danish or something like that. So that may be why he doesn't chat much. But if you watch his video series from number 1 up to 78 (I believe it was today), you can always tell exactly what trial he is trying to accomplish. I think his goal is to see how quickly he can level that character, so he goes for points. I think he tries to win, but I think logging the adam is more important for the video series. He often scores over 1000 adam in a match because he is nearly always logging off a trial or two.

I used to watch his other series too (Xbox I think). He is the one that motivated me on my alt account to hack and photo everything you can. When you are trying to level, it is amazing how much 10 hacks and six photos adds up when you do it game after game.

Edit to add: I don't know when he plays though. Always wanted to be in one of his vids like Xen was. I pm'd him on Youtube to see when he plays but I never got an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    I just watched this one: http://youtu.be/YYTgRX2UBvQ

If my game ran this smooth, I have no doubt I would be one of the best players in the game.
    Ikr they have beasty internet connections in Denmark..Also considering different fps's on pc, which make a huge difference he also has to have a beasty PC to be able to smoothly record a game on highest gfx with Fraps, which is an incredibly demanding program. Lucky bastard At least Ill have a good PC when I get back to Germany, not sure about the connection though :/

yes I'm Danish and can not speak English so it is google translate I use
    and it is Xfire I use to rec on PC.
    and what time I'm on? I have no time when I come on
    it's just when I have time and will
    but thanks to those who see it on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDK2 View Post
    yes I'm Danish and can not speak English so it is google translate I use
    and it is Xfire I use to rec on PC.
    and what time I'm on? I have no time when I come on
    it's just when I have time and will
    but thanks to those who see it on youtube
    Oh you use xfire too? For some reason I always thought you used fraps..Mhm I was just about to ask you how to record with it (because I failed the last time I tried it) but I guess Id be making a bit of a too great demand there, since you hardly can speak english.

I could translate

Quote Originally Posted by TxBuckeye View Post

Edit to add: I don't know when he plays though. Always wanted to be in one of his vids like Xen was. I pm'd him on Youtube to see when he plays but I never got an answer.
    I've definitely played, him. Not sure If I was recorded though...maybe my alt account.

Thanks for the nods man. I can agree with most of this, dont know what you mean by a "younger player" though. Are you refererring to the time I started playing BS2 MP or my real age? Because actually I play it pretty much since the release..Strange that I never actually met you more than once ingame.

Ive never played that pegasus guy tbh, but have you ever played Aizenstyle? That guy was amazing at no stunning!
    Who are the guys you vent about btw? I have an idea but I can only think of 2 that would fit to the descriptions..Can you
    pm me their names please?
    P.S. Did you see my skill leaderboard yet? If not check it out and tell me what you think. Its on page 16 I think.
    I don't quite remember aizen, it has been a very long time so there will be some gabs.
    Ill tell you the removed names on steam when i see you Just got back from LAN, vacation .. etc.

I do generally agree with ur skillboard, you already know how i feel about Klepto though and im not quite sure if you ever saw the real fluvie play. ( hint for the removed names ? )
    About the "younger" thing, i remember seeing you play alot more solid and experienced by the time I was starting to play less. You became alot better in a short time period. So you're a "newer" top player.
    We played some games before I quitted in which you were really starting to show ur skill with the CB.
    Last edited by bil28; 04-11-2012 at 11:14 AM.

It’s interesting that bil28 puts you on his skill list if it’s true that you just met once ever in-game. You must have made quite an impression..

PS I didn’t buy this game until a lot of the old-timers already were out or on their way out. But bil28 made a short comeback a few weeks ago, and I played about a dozen matches with and/or against him. He was really good I must say! Reminded me a bit about widowjack cause of the TK and shotgun he used a lot. It was best to catch him offguard to get a kill on him, 1-on-1 in close combat he was really deadly…
    Me and widow both had a preference to TK yeah just because it counters so much and with fast reaction and good aim you can come out ahead in even a 1v4 situation. I do remember seeing you in these games, your a very solid player and probably at the top of the PC multiplyer atm.
    Best way to get a kill on me was to have 2 people + use diffrent techniques, My load out can almost counter everything and im / was fast with switching to the best way to win a fight. But if multiple people use like EB / TK on me there was not alot I could do. But my I made sure that position always gave me an edge

The reason I put him on my list is that he improved alot, he was really getting better by the time i retired and when i played with him a couple of games later he was amazing with the CB. I don't add people on my list just because I have them added.
    LJ and actor are both on my skill list too and you can ask them, we werent the best of friends. We didnt really get along back then.

PS : There are still alot of people I probably forgot to put on my list, dont feel offended if i forgot ur name.
    PSS : You can always add me on steam btw, this counts for everyone. "Bil28" is my username. I sometimes check these forums too,not alot though.

Ah, I was in two-three of your matches LarsDK. I especially remember one certain recorded match in Kashmir. I hated that GL spammage guy -_-" Your playstyle is one of those unique multiple loadout using styles I respect.

I didn't know that match was being recorded to be honest. I only found out because it was brought to my attention. I don't mind if a friend wants to record a match, just give me a heads up.

That video wasn't a adam grab match it was a booster party. I hardly ever find any legit Adam Grab matches.

That's normal Xen. You will rarely ever find a real AG match. Your best bet is to hunt down games with NigelNog in them. He loves that mode, may be all he plays. And he will be there to win, not boost. Down side is, he's tough as hell to beat.

I cringe at that name, went up against him a few time when I was a noob. Scary. Almost made me quit bio.

You know going into AG might be a good way to work on stun/no stun head shots.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonmicon View Post
    I cringe at that name, went up against him a few time when I was a noob. Scary. Almost made me quit bio.

You know going into AG might be a good way to work on stun/no stun head shots.
    CW is fine for that. Going with a true no stun loadout is a blast if you can pull it off. If you are having a bad day, you'll put it away quick.

Sad thing is when I put it away, out comes the nade launcher. You know this first hand.

It's another crutch that I've developed. One that I'm rather skilled at, but a crutch none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonmicon View Post
    Sad thing is when I put it away, out comes the nade launcher. You know this first hand.

It's another crutch that I've developed. One that I'm rather skilled at, but a crutch none the less.
    You use what you're good with. That's what everyone does. Nothing wrong with that. I've never said a word to anyone using the GL in game unless 1) they suicided with it or 2) ran with three others all spamming nades. Everyone falls back on their crutch when they are having a bad day. You aren't doing anything differently than anyone else.

Smile :)

The best bs2 players in bs2 in my opinion are:
    1.Diabo360/Bil 28 --->I personally never had a chance against em very high skillors in my opinion :)
    2.Bezq ----> Op with Eg and Cb
    2.2Fluvie----> Only played a few matches against him, but when i did, i lost lawl :),so can't say much about which weapon he's using etc
    3.MsFrobin ---> I know most of u guys dont like him but he's very good with Eg and tube :)
    4.Dullahan----> I had some serious Problems against this guy every single match i played against him,dat hard houdini skills :)
    5.Widowjack----> Unbeatable in Melee Range but not that hard in Far Range,good player with Pistol/tk and also Shotgun.
    6. Arctor----> Hard to kill,n1 Daddy and Tuber
    7. Lj----> When he's in the game we're always insulting each other,i don't like him that much but i have to say he knows how to play Eg,only thing that sucks is that he's pretending to be the best,you're far away from the number 1 spot ;)
    8. Assasinator-----> Uses lots of loadouts,skilled player,nothing more to say
    9.Manvollnervig------> Also a good eg player.
    10.IttyBittyLizzie?? ---> New player i think,pretty lucky 1on1 fights in my opinion,but also not bad with eg.
    Sry for my bad english ;)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LuXella View Post
    The best bs2 players in bs2 in my opinion are:
    1.Diabo360/Bil 28 --->I personally never had a chance against em very high skillors in my opinion
    2.Bezq ----> Op with Eg and Cb
    2.2Fluvie----> Only played a few matches against him, but when i did, i lost lawl ,so can't say much about which weapon he's using etc
    3.MsFrobin ---> I know most of u guys dont like him but he's very good with Eg and tube
    4.Dullahan----> I had some serious Problems against this guy every single match i played against him,dat hard houdini skills
    5.Widowjack----> Unbeatable in Melee Range but not that hard in Far Range,good player with Pistol/tk and also Shotgun.
    6. Arctor----> Hard to kill,n1 Daddy and Tuber
    7. Lj----> When he's in the game we're always insulting each other,i don't like him that much but i have to say he knows how to play Eg,only thing that sucks is that he's pretending to be the best,you're far away from the number 1 spot
    8. Assasinator-----> Uses lots of loadouts,skilled player,nothing more to say
    9.Manvollnervig------> Also a good eg player.
    10.IttyBittyLizzie?? ---> New player i think,pretty lucky 1on1 fights in my opinion,but also not bad with eg.
    Sry for my bad english
    Nice list Luxella! And thanks for the nods.
    I would change the positions of some players though...Fluvie is definetely better than me and IMO also deserves the Nr 1 spot, while Diabo was pretty even to me at the time he stopped playing..
    While I can comprehend, that you put MsFRobin on your list I wouldnt do it for his eg skills (because his eg skills are only "ok" imo..when I played him he always has to take out the gl to kill me), but for "gl skills" (as far you can consider that as a skill), bd skills, but especially tactic skills.
    I have to play this IttyBittyLizzie guy/girl more to see how good he is, I think I only ever played him once and apparently his/her performance wasnt that outstanding; I would have remembered otherwise.
    Oh and for WJ: "Unbeatable in close range IF USING TK" At least thats how I experienced it.
    Last edited by BEZQ; 04-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.

26. Itty is a young girl, I think she's about 18 years old, and its so cute when she kicks ass.
    I think she used to play this game on one of the consoles earlier.

27. Quote Originally Posted by bil28 View Post
    I do remember seeing you in these games, your a very solid player and probably at the top of the PC multiplyer atm.
    Thanks, I guess u mean I am one of the better current PC players, but not the very best, cause that would certainly be way too nice of you, hehe.

The very most skilled BS2 youtubers (I know of) imo:

R3dRumMonkey: http://youtube.com/user/AbyssmalCarnag3
    Gunner9497/Mezmoryze: http://youtube.com/user/gunner9497
    PhlyPhinoy: http://youtube.com/user/LustfulEnvy
    corpulent drunk: http://youtube.com/user/kevgaba
    Frank Fotaine: http://youtube.com/user/envoyofnature1

The reason why i put Fluvie under you in my personnal ranking is because i only met her twice i think and can't rally say how good she really is

Quote Originally Posted by LuXella View Post
    The reason why i put Fluvie under you in my personnal ranking is because i only met her twice i think and can't rally say how good she really is
    Its a he and I can promise you he was better than me Lost every 1on1 against him, no matter if host or not..Im wondering if he could still manage to do that now, since I improved even more since he left..Mhm, I wish he would still play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKgYv2d8wk

me playing on the PS3, nothing special, just a sotf game

Quote Originally Posted by envoyofnature View Post

Uhm not trying to be annoying, but wrong thread? i guess you meant to put that in the multiplayer footage thread
    sorry if this is considered backseat moderating
    Last edited by BEZQ; 04-12-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by envoyofnature View Post

just reinforces what I saw the other night... Frankie can outrun a BD like few I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by BEZQ View Post
    Uhm not trying to be annoying, but wrong thread? i guess you meant to put that in the multiplayer footage thread
    sorry if this is considered backseat moderating

Yeah it is lol, crap i was freaking tired this will be put in the other thread lol

/thread necromancy

After a long hiatus, I've come back to bioshock 2 PC to see how the community has evolved (for better or for worse). Most of the PC players know this already, but I've been playing as Catnip EverNYAN and arctor66. I'm not gonna post a skills leaderboard per se, but I will name the current players that I think are a bit above the rest. I'll also include their country, loadouts, what I think about their playstyle, general impact on the game, strong and weak points, etc.

Eb/headshot

LittleJohnnn/ Ittybittytitty - US = eg (clip size), shotgun (sawed-off), eb, tk, rez, eve saver, death trap
    = still the fastest and the most consistant eb/headshotter in the game imo, backs that up with lots of experience, decent no stun pistol aim, decent no stun shotty aim, decent nade primary user
    = still a little too aggressive which sometimes works to his advantage but more often than not, he runs into too many people and then dies
    = standard anti eb/headshot maneuvers are still effective against him (AD, nades)

Bairenyou - US = eg (clipsize), shotgun (sawed-off), eb, tk, rez, eve saver, fast feet (?)
    = a little weaker with eb/headshot compared to LJ, but his nostun eg and shotgun is slightly better. Also a little bit less aggressive compared to LJ.

Nades

arctor88 - France = tube (rof), xbow (rof), houdini, AD, backstabber, legup, eve saver
    = one of if not the best big daddy in the game (aim, positioning, movement, mine placement, map control)
    = probably one of the most disruptive players in the game which makes him a really good teammate as his distracting opens up the playing field for his teammates.
    = not the best fragger in the game, he's also a little too reliant on the BD suit to carry teams, not a dominating player by any means but probably the best teammate that you can ask for.

Mapleloop - Germany = tube (velocity boost), xbow (rof), eb, tk, legup, rez, either eve saver or fast feet
    = compared to arctor, a better fragger.

MsFRobin - France = eg (damage increase), tube (rof)/ shotgun (sawed-off), eb, tk/geyser, expert researcher, rez, eve saver
    = very defensive which makes him rather hard to kill. a map control-type of player
    = his eb/headshot is average but makes up for it with smart nade usage and smart positioning.
    = relies on tube and stuns too much up to the point wherein his no stun aim is a joke. Super tryhard and does every trick in the book (abuses barrels, ragequits when losing, suicides)

Special Mention average players

LuismiDjSpain - Spain = eg (clip size), pistol (damage increase), eb, AD, legup, fast feet, eve saver
    = tbh, he's an average player but his pistol aim is pretty decent which caught my attention

GammaRayLiotta/ SkillzforBillz - Norway = fairly variable, uses eb/headshot + nades, slugger + AD + shotgun (rof) + legup, seems to dislike rez
    = the only guy who decided to give the slugger primary playstyle an extended try and has become somewhat decent at it.
    = also has a respectable no stun shotgun (rof) aim

NordicGoddess8 - New Zealand = eg (damage increase), xbow (rof)/ machinegun (firing boost/magazine size), eb, tk, rez, eve saver, fast feet
    = or nade + fire + deathtrap loadout when she's mad
    = has gotten slightly better but still does the same +forward tunnel vision, the only player on PC who uses eg (damage increase) box spam regularly, abuses barrels

IttyBittyLizzie - US = eg (clip size), xbow (rof), eb, tk, eve saver, legup, rez/fast feet
    = decent stun + shoot player, weak no stuns, abuses barrels

Terijan01 - Lithuania = again another average player, but he caught my eye because he uses fire + machinegun +pistol exclusively and that's pretty rare for a lvl 40-50 player. And he's somewhat decent at it.

I can't really make a skills leaderboard because the only good (and by good, I mean above-average) players on that list are the top 5. And those top 5 are (imo) not dominating/great players. For the most part those top 5 all tryhard in every game (except LJ sometimes), and they still can't consistently dominate games. They're good players but even with full tryhard mode on, they just can't singlehandedly carry teams. Tbh, I have never really been impressed by a player ever since Kleptostar's prime. But even then, looking back on that now, she/he's just one of those players that peaked early and then quit while in her prime - similar to Winterized and Rybow73 of X360/PS3 fame. Klepto's probably on MsfRobin + LJ's skill level when she left.

PS. For the most part, these people are only capable of playing that one style/loadout that I listed there and what I listed's pretty accurate.

PPS. There are tons of average lvl 40-50's that play on the PC (mostly central europeans/ US/ Aussie/ Kiwis). Almost all of them use a combination of rez, nades, eb, eg(damage increase or clip size), tk, barrels, shotgun (sawed-off), xbow (rof), eve saver. Just pointed that out so you can see where these players stand in relation to their peers.

PPPS. This list only includes players that are CURRENTLY ACTIVE.

List of Greatest BioShock 2 Players of all time 1-10. 1# Frank Fotaine, 2# Zigo Acosta, 3# Memoryze, 4# Dark Nightmare, 5# Wilsonator5, 6# PP1000, 7# Sober Spartan, 8# Scarry Jerry, 9# Corpulant Drunk, 10# Waltzforthemoon.
    Last edited by Zigo Acosta; 05-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigo Acosta View Post
    List of Greatest BioShock 2 Players of all time 1-10. 1# Frank Fotaine, 2# Zigo Acosta, 3# Memoryze, 4# D E A T H, 5# Wilsonator5, 6# PP1000, 7# Sober Spartan, 8# Scarry Jerry, 9# Corpulant Drunk, 10# Waltzforthemoon.
    Well it's Zigo, didn't expect him to come to the forums.

List of Greatest BioShock 2 Players of all time 1-10. 1# Frank Fotaine, 2# Zigo Acosta, 3# Memoryze, 4# D E A T H, 5# Wilsonator5, 6# PP1000, 7# Sober Spartan, 8# Scarry Jerry, 9# Corpulant Drunk, 10# Waltzforthemoon.
    That's a really good list except for the #4, #8, and #10 spots. Also, the #2 spot wouldn't even be in the top 100 for my list, seriously.

thanks for the mention Zigo

Wassup yo, megaballs up in this

XBOX 360, based mainly on the only game type that matters survival(yeah I said it), with the only criteria wins games quickly. Went through the leaderboards so this is pretty extensive

1.Fotaine - have a genuine dislike of the guy for the number of losses he’s given me, my record against him is absolutely atrocious. Lives inside my head telling me ill never be good enough. ☺☺☺☺ you are your superhuman consistency you absolute prick
    2. Gunner/Memoryze - stands alone in terms of ability with pretty much any weapon/plasmid. Not a bad headshotter too…
    3. Zigo Acosta - Playstyle may have been a little more vomit inducing but it was unbelievably effective and you’re either delusional or lying if you say it wasn’t.

I’m gonna do this in a really random way. It was either cap at 7 or say everyone who I’d put at a comparable level so I’ve went way over the 10
    4. Plain Spore – one of the best cb stun headshooters
    4. Waltzforthemoon – “
    4. Wilsonator7 – “
    4 Stoniest Ace– best rate of fire user ever in my book

8 corpulent drunk, SG Ghaz, AK Downfall, Big Daddy0712, Cloudakinz87, SoberSpartan

I could go on all day
    D2THEMAC, CrispyWraps513, Inner ace, Izi Zerook Izi or whatever the ☺☺☺☺, ZKillah Eh, Fumblez, Lord Gaga, Jalitrock, Naomisian, Nikl0t, Dportet, ALE WULF(one or two eyebrows might be raised but he improved massively and is deadly with rof cb and pistol)

And to be completely honest there’s another name that quite obviously belongs on this list. You can probably guess it but I’m not gonna say it. the little bastard...
    Last edited by Codex; 05-02-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: don't bypass the language filter

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast