Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Lucente View Post
    I didn't like the fact that Dale died. I loved Dale!
    I didn't like it either, I hated it even more that Carl could have stopped it from happening, and I already didn't like that kid as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by I-ChooseTheImpossible View Post
    I didn't like it either, I hated it even more that Carl could have stopped it from happening, and I already didn't like that kid as it was.
    It's funny how quickly he went from just being Rick's son to being an arrogant little twerp.

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    It's funny how quickly he went from just being Rick's son to being an arrogant little twerp.
    It's all that Shane influence, he turns innocent little kids into little douche bags.

It's all that Shane influence, he turns innocent little kids into little douche bags.
    Ugh, don't get me started on Shane. I liked him in the first season, when he wasn't an arrogant ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺. I was actually pretty satisfied when he died.

I was actually pretty satisfied when he died.
    I was very happy when it happened.

Yeah. It was nice to see Rick stand up for himself.

Just finished the last episode, it's amazing how fast Rick turned into a power crazed douche.

Just finished the last episode, it's amazing how fast Rick turned into a power crazed douche.
    It could be that he was just trying to keep the group under control, but then again...

It could be that he was just trying to keep the group under control, but then again...
    He kept the group under control fairly well before without being a power crazed douche, well except for Shane, but that man was a lost cause.

He kept the group under control fairly well before without being a power crazed douche, well except for Shane, but that man was a lost cause.
    He had just had to kill his best friend for the rest of the group as well as give up all the things they worked for. Despite that they all seem ungrateful and think they can do better. He just had enough of their petty squabbling when he had been the one keeping them safe. I can understand why he snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    He had just had to kill his best friend for the rest of the group as well as give up all the things they worked for. Despite that they all seem ungrateful and think they can do better. He just had enough of their petty squabbling when he had been the one keeping them safe. I can understand why he snapped.
    First off, If I was in Rick's place, Shane would have stopped being my best friend around about the time he took me out into the woods with the intention of killing me, so I don't really by the whole "I killed my best friend" deal.

Second, they were just upset he kept the secret about them all being infected, it's understandable they felt like that because that secret was kind of a big deal. However I can also see why Rick kept it a secret, he didn't believe the guy, coupled with the fact he has been going along the whole time keeping hope that it will all get better. Rick explains his position better and he can possibly smooth it all over, instead he loses his head and goes into power crazy dictator mode.

First off, If I was in Rick's place, Shane would have stopped being my best friend around about the time he took me out into the woods with the intention of killing me, so I don't really by the whole "I killed my best friend" deal.
    Oh, I would've stopped being his best friend when I saw the first signs of douchebaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by SFactor123 View Post
    Great show, Love this show and anxiously waiting for the third season now, Hope Shane comes back from death.
    First off, don't forget your spoiler tags. If you need to know how to set them up, you can quote my post and see.

Anyway, he's already been killed off as a human and as a walker. He's done for.

tg43 news games and free games 2012

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV.

I'm assuming everyone here has seen the Season 3 trailer already?

I'm assuming everyone here has seen the Season 3 trailer already?
    No, I haven't.

SHOW ME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y

Is good. Very, VERY good!

love it

New season starts Oct. 14th.... so yeah.

We get it on the 16th in Australia, which is much, much better than the 2 or so years we had to wait for season 1.

Well then I'll try not to spoil it for you.

Really nice horror show to watch. I'm big fan of this show and watching every episode of this show. For Me its the best zombie show running on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongunman View Post
    Really nice horror show to watch. I'm big fan of this show and watching every episode of this show. For Me its the best zombie show running on tv.
    Are there any other zombie shows on TV? That's a really hollow claim if it's the only one.

Less than one week away from S3

And episode 4 of the game releases tomorrow and wed., depending on console. It just HAD to be XCOM day.

Hershel died guys oh my god I can't handle these feels

Hershel died guys oh my god I can't handle these feels
    Uh, no. He passed out from the pain and the area of the bite was amputated. Whether or not that works remains to be seen.

Uh, no. He passed out from the pain and the area of the bite was amputated. Whether or not that works remains to be seen.
    I was under the impression that he died. Hershel's my favorite character, I hope he lives.

I was under the impression that he died. Hershel's my favorite character, I hope he lives.
    I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it then what they did, whether or not he dies remains to be seen, but for now I think it's safe to assume he is still alive. One thing that bugged me though, he is the closest thing they have to a doctor, so wouldn't it make sense to leave him back until they've made sure its safe?

I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it then what they did, whether or not he dies remains to be seen, but for now I think it's safe to assume he is still alive. One thing that bugged me though, he is the closest thing they have to a doctor, so wouldn't it make sense to leave him back until they've made sure its safe?
    That had me scratching my head. I guess it's not a huge deal; for plot reasons I suspect they just needed Hershel to get bitten in this episode and that was the easiest way to do it. Still annoying, though.

I hope these spoiler tags work... About the episode, wow. Brutal. Rick was a bit to extreme for me. Way to extreme. I really hope he has a change of heart because very few of the characters are likable.

That whole episode I was hoping that long haired prisoner (didn't hear his name mentioned) would die, thankfully it happened a lot quicker than I expected. Rick did go pretty extreme though, but I suppose they've devolved into that kind of society where if someone does something wrong by you, you stick a machete in their skull.

Lori giving Hershel CPR was pretty stupid, "hey let's just try CPR when he could come back as a zombie and eat my face!" Luckily for her Hershel not dying saved her from her own stupidity. I'm still surprised he actually managed to survive that though.

I also can't help but feel Hershel getting taken out is just a way to give Carol something to do and make her semi-relevant. Also interested in finding who was watching her. I'm thinking it was Merle as the preview seems to imply he will show up next week.

That whole episode I was hoping that long haired prisoner (didn't hear his name mentioned) would die, thankfully it happened a lot quicker than I expected. Rick did go pretty extreme though, but I suppose they've devolved into that kind of society where if someone does something wrong by you, you stick a machete in their skull.

Lori giving Hershel CPR was pretty stupid, "hey let's just try CPR when he could come back as a zombie and eat my face!" Luckily for her Hershel not dying saved her from her own stupidity. I'm still surprised he actually managed to survive that though.

I also can't help but feel Hershel getting taken out is just a way to give Carol something to do and make her semi-relevant. Also interested in finding who was watching her. I'm thinking it was Merle as the preview seems to imply he will show up next week.
    I was going to comment on the episode but you've just said everything I was going to say. Except for this, I guess:

I bet Merle (if it is Merle in the treeline) is going to attack Carol thinking she's a walker and cause a quarrel with Daryl.

I really liked the new season, though I only watched the second episode last night

I'm also glad that the prisoner died, I didn't trust him especially after he smashed that guy's head in. It was obvious he was in there for more than drugs. As for ricks reaction, other than scaring the ☺☺☺☺ out of me when he put the machete through the guys head. I think that his reaction was justified, if brutal. The guy had tried to kill him 3 times, the first by opening both doors, the second by taking that massive swing and the third by throwing the walker at him. After that you just can't trust the guy, and there's no other option. As for the one that ran away, same thing applies he took a swing and chose a side, the wrong side.

I think Lori giving Hershel CPR is quite symbolic of her bringing life into the world despite the huge risks involved. I'm so glad Hershel's alive, him getting bit was such a massive surprise, and in this show you can never tell who will survive.

AS for who was watching carol I have no idea but I think what they saw her doing is very important. From such a distance and out of context it was just a woman cutting a dead body up, which any way you look at it is not good.

Can't wait till next episode but I don't know if I can handle the suspense.

The Governor seems like a very, very interesting character, he also seems like a complete and utter scumbag going by the way he, along with his band of merry men, killed those soldiers, and those heads in the tanks, he is seriously messed up in the head. He could make for a great antagonist, I also can't wait to see any interactions betwin him and Rick, I think they could be very interesting.

So Merle wasn't watching Carol as I suspected, which begs the question who, or what, was watching her? He seems like the type to fit in well with the scumbag Governor, though I was surprised by the lack of racism towards Michonne, though I suppose he was told to try and make them feel welcome in Woodburry.

Also I'm calling it now, Woodbury is going to get over run (as will the prison, most likely) places like that are just made for being overrun, just look at 28 Weeks Later or Land of the Dead.

Snip
    I know what you mean. When they first came in I was wondering if there was something wrong with the place or if I was just so used to everything going wrong that I was seeing things that weren't there. The fact that he was called the Governor made me suspicious as Rick is in charge but he doesn't have a title. The way he shot those soldiers made me shiver, how he just turned and then lied to everyone. The tanks full of heads show just how messed up he is. I hope he and Rick don't meat as I can't imagine it ending well for anyone, but he may be the only one who can put him in his place

I'm also wondering who was watching carol, does that mean there's another group of survivors out there? I think one of the reasons the Governor chose Merle is that although he's violent and rude he doesn't seek power which makes him a perfect 'hammer'.

Oh yea Woodbury going down, the way I see it there are three ways it could happen: 1. Super zombie herd eats half the town, 2. Civil war lead by the girls rips it apart from the inside, 3. Rick comes in and shows them how it's done.

Also has anyone else noticed it's mainly women inside the town.

On a side note I think this thread has the most spoiler tags ever.

Well, the guy was the governor of Georgia before the outbreak (wasn't he?), which is why he has that title. Rick doesn't have a title because he was just a cop. Still, in the aftermath of the apocalypse it seems like you'd generally drop your title (unless it makes you feel special, which is probably why the Governor still uses his).

And I think they showed us why the town has so many women in the scene just before he walks into the room with the heads. Seems to me like he keeps any women that stumble upon Woodbury for himself and murders any men he finds that won't willingly join his militia. Keeps their heads as a trophy, too.

And I think they showed us why the town has so many women in the scene just before he walks into the room with the heads. Seems to me like he keeps any women that stumble upon Woodbury for himself and murders any men he finds that won't willingly join his militia. Keeps their heads as a trophy, too.
    He didn't give the soldiers the option of joining though, so it can't be that he kills anyone who doesn't willingly join. I'm thinking he picks stupid people who he can easily manipulate (along with his harem, you know that's totally his idea for the women), and if he thinks he can't manipulate them, he kills them.

Just saw the new episode. One word and a macro: HOLY ☺☺☺☺.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast