Thread: Performance?

Performance?

Is the game well optimized on PC?

From what I'm hearing better than on the 360 lol. But seriously, it seems like it was made for consoles and then ported over to PC. They keep saying it wasn't but it just feels like a console game.

As far as optimization goes, we won't know that until the actual game comes out. The demo is an old PAX version, hopefully not a reflection of what is in store for us.

It feels like a console game, yes, I agree. That's one of the worst things that can happen to a game in my opinion for hardcore PC gamers who have been playing computer games for 20+ or 25+ years.

My current computer is a few years old now, it's an Intel Core2 Duo @ 3GHz with 3 GB RAM and a GeForce 8800 GT video card, and I don't have any performance problems running the demo on "High" settings.

I'm having problems with my pc currently. But yes I agree that is one of the worst things someone can say about a game, especially one he's been waiting on for almost 15 years...

I have played the demo on my laptop (i dont have a tower PC anymore...takes up to much room) and it runs VERY smoothly! my pc specs ...well i have the minimum required thingy thats needed for duke nukem, and some of the recommended, my processor is a bit low they said, but when i actually played the game: i had no lag whatsoever, everything very smooth , babes were very hot and sexy and sensual and loveable , duke was kick-ass and also i played on the highest settings there was so... PC = perfect for this game

What are your specs?

a intel(R) core(TM) 2 Duo CPU t6600 @2020GHz (2CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memmory: 6144MB ram
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4600 Series

is this the info you need? cuz tbh i dont know much about hardware i just know it ran the demo smoothly if this isn't the info you require please be more specific

actually I was just looking at a laptop myself that would be able to play it lol.

Gameplay seems fine on the PC, some jaggies and whatnot, but livable.

Core2duo 8400 @3.0g
    8gig ram
    Nvidia 460

Mind you, with the very limited field of view (that has absolutely got to be changed)
    it shouldn't be taxing on the system.

On a core duo system Duke is running the cpu at 100% (game + steam = 100%) causing the game to stutter severely with very very long load times. Alt tab out and check your task manager to see if it's doing it on your system (game runs at 100% cpu regardless if directly in the game or alt tabbing out). Seems quad core is not affected. Gearbox is aware of this and this game needs to be patched badly to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
    Is the game well optimized on PC?
    Well at first it wasn't but since the latest patch came out the game performs great as long as you have a 2 cores CPU rated at 1.8GHz and above.