Thread: Wont load

Wont load

i've been refreshing my page for about 20 minutes now and did it about 10 yesterday before giveing up the game wont load it gets near the g and just dies or dosn't even start the green bar any ideas to help

Red face try again later

Quote Originally Posted by risker View Post
    i've been refreshing my page for about 20 minutes now and did it about 10 yesterday before giveing up the game wont load it gets near the g and just dies or dosn't even start the green bar any ideas to help
    Sorry to tell you but I have had this problem since I started playing. They just went to open beta and I am sure that completely overwhelmed the servers. You might try in a couple hours...

Yep, have refreshed and everything else, still no game. Seems like CIV World servers can't handle the load...guess that does not bode well Too bad, this is the FB game I have looked forward to the most.

same here, the game wont load it gets near the g, and apears the message "there was no response from the game server. You may refresh yor browserto try again."

Too bad, this is a game I have looked forward to the most.

Hope they resolve the problem soon.

You guys know what a beta means?
    It means its bugged unfinished and unbalanced.
    And the Sever are not everytime up...
    Thats called beta
    Welcome in Live guys

Ya know you don't have to be condescending to get the point across. We, or at least I am aware of what a Beta is and have known for almost 40 years, so I am not a noob or a newcomer to what Beta is. It IS customary that when a Game Company releases a game to the public to be played, even in Beta, that it will actually WORK! I understand that games have issues and that Beta testing is just that testing etc, but c'mon, you can't even get into the game to even see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henigan View Post
    when a Game Company releases a game to the public to be played, even in Beta, that it will actually WORK!
    Poor you! Beta does NOT mean it will work. How would they test real server load without a public beta? And real server load means right now, their servers cannot handle it. Just go back to your normal day to day life, stop refreshing the page every minute, and come back later and try again

There's a load bar? You're further ahead than I am! :P I just see some white buttons at the top that say "Play" "Get Civ Bucks" etc... well, I've waited this long... guess I can wait a while longer as they try to get their servers up to speed!

Unhappy Don't expect to do much today

With everyone that has been waiting for this game now trying to get connect, don't expect much today. The servers are going to be swamped until most of the people give up trying. Hopefully, this was anticipated and they boosted server capacity to handle the bigger load... if not, its going to be dismal open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by l4m3r View Post
    You guys know what a beta means?
    It means its bugged unfinished and unbalanced.
    And the Sever are not everytime up...
    Thats called beta
    Welcome in Live guys
    No...just...no.

Open Beta /used/ to mean that - a very long time ago. Open Beta has since transitioned(since the social media boon) into a promotion tool, not a game development tool. I gurantee you that when the game goes 'live' it will have 98% of the bugs/issues/etc that the games does as of right now. Companies no longer treat OB as a test phase, merely a marketing tool to bring more people in.

still dead

The problem is that there's a bug with generating new games. So there aren't games for you to join, and no one who is already playing is able to get a new game either. This has been a problem since Friday. The main issue with this Beta is the slowness with which any issues are addressed. It seems seriously understaffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    The problem is that there's a bug with generating new games. So there aren't games for you to join, and no one who is already playing is able to get a new game either. This has been a problem since Friday. The main issue with this Beta is the slowness with which any issues are addressed. It seems seriously understaffed.
    So - you're saying people in existing games are able to play, and aren't getting the 'unable to connect' message?

Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    The main issue with this Beta is the slowness with which any issues are addressed. It seems seriously understaffed.
    I honestly don't believe you understand the sheer amount of time that Q&A takes...lol. Although i wish we would at least get some information on that they are working on it :/

ooh something happened! I think it might be working now

I was in new games this morning - and now cannot get in at all. Just the "Busy Signal". I am sure it's either overload, updates, sunspots or gremlins. All of which take time to overcome even with staff. I am just mostly frustrated because I am loving this game that has come a long long way and really wanted to play this afternoon. Disappointed, yes. Upset, no. It's been reported, and I'll go see what has happened to my other FB games in the months I have been focused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Crick View Post
    So - you're saying people in existing games are able to play, and aren't getting the 'unable to connect' message?
    Yes, that is correct. We can play the games that are ongoing, but I have an old game still listed as active, and can't join any new games. I don't think anyone can join new games at the moment.

Hi all, if you were having issues getting into the game this morning, please try again now.

We're excited to see all the players eager to get into the game!

Still just a white screen for me...

I have been getting either "Login Servers Busy please wait" or "Could not connect to login server" since 11am this morning and sadly I refresh quite often.

I finally got into a game, but I get frequent loss of connection and have to reconnect.

I have the same problem, but it might have to do with my company's proxy settings. I had no problem logging into the game from my home, but here at the company, I don't even get the loading bar but just the message "Civilization World login server is busy... Wait a moment" and then "Could not connect to the login server. You may refresh your browser to try again".

Can this be due to closed ports?

My issues are only at work as well. It just won't connect to server at work. I can play ANY other facebook game. I hope 2k is looking into this because work is where alot of people play their facebook games. I won't bother wasting all my free time at home on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
    I won't bother wasting all my free time at home on facebook.
    Indeed... While at home, I play Civ 5

Can we possibly get an update. There's multiple posts popping up on the Civilization World main page about people unable to connect at work.

Same here:
    "There was no response from the game server..."

Quote Originally Posted by virtualtom View Post
    Same here:
    "There was no response from the game server..."
    same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Pormoon View Post
    I just see some white buttons at the top that say "Play" "Get Civ Bucks" etc...
    You can be darn sure the "Get Civ Bucks" button works!

Having the same problem.

Same issue. Ne response from game server. I was able to log into a game earlier today (EDT) but I have not been able to log on since noon.

A thread that shows game status IS NEEDED! At least we'd know if the server is intentionally offline so we can stop trying to login.

We are working on making sure this doesn't happen to anyone - please try again if you do get this error. In the meantime, we are investigating - keep an eye on 2K David's posts as he'll be keeping you updated on the status as we know more.

It's still doesn't works for me :/
    I have a error message: "Civilization World Login Server is busy" .Please wait.
    After that i got:
    "Could not connect to the Login Server. You may refresh your browser and try again"

I have this error from yesterday

Just dont spend any money on CivBucks until its out of the beta stage

I get this error: The webpage at https://live.civilizationworld.com/?...en_beta_launch might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error 501 (net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

are there any ports that need to be open to play this game? i can play any facebook game except this one.