Thread: Mafiascene down - new one up

Mafiascene down - new one up

I posted in the old thread about the old mafia scene being down. A few of us have gotten together to rebuild the site but the url has changed to .net instead of .com. (mafiascene.net)

Please feel free to visit us we are expanding our mod database for Mafia and Mafia II.

Cheers!

You affiliated with the old 'scene and have the database?

Hi, I was a member/user of the old site. I do not have the old database and I'm not sure if that old database even exist...what we have done is create a totally new site and are trying to piece back together most of what was lost from the old site. I had a member join today that provided me with the old LUA scripts page that I will be putting up shortly. So, you're more than welcome to come join and help rebuild. Anyone from the old community is welcome and we have had great responses from people.

Quote Originally Posted by erich199 View Post
    Hi, I was a member/user of the old site. I do not have the old database and I'm not sure if that old database even exist...what we have done is create a totally new site and are trying to piece back together most of what was lost from the old site. I had a member join today that provided me with the old LUA scripts page that I will be putting up shortly. So, you're more than welcome to come join and help rebuild. Anyone from the old community is welcome and we have had great responses from people.
    yea i joined that site it lasted 24 hours and then went down then old site started up again for how long god only knows ?

We switched servers due to some restrictions with host. The DNS had to propagate and it is working fine now. If it isn't, please let us know.

I cant get into the site it doesnt load for either of them? are they still up and active? I have some great ideas for mods eh

yes the site is still up and active. There were some DNS issues when we switched host but the site has been up and working.

I cant seem to get into either the .com or the .net site from yours eh i click on the site and nothing happens lol...

That is very strange. I am on the site as we speak. I don't know why you are unable to see it. I also asked several of the site members if it has gone down and everyone has reported it up.

does not work for me, can not connect for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ34 View Post
    does not work for me, can not connect for more than a week.
    Indeed, eXistenZ34, I was a user on MafiaScene.Com for atleast over 7 years, I never saw any drops, or the site being off for 3 months for 1 week that it is online for. MafiaScene.Com ruined the modding community and put a huge delay on modding of Mafia.

Or are you talking about MafiaScene.Net? If so that site has been running perfectly fine for me since I first went on the site.

Since I've posted a sticky with links to various modding sites, I don't think we need individual threads any more. I'm going to close this down.

If anyone has any more mod sites to add to the list, shoot me a pm.