Thread: "Body" armor

"Body" armor

I don't know if people know this already, if they do sorry. I always use bodies to get rid of traps by using telekineses to hold the corpse and walk through the traps. So I thought, hey could the stop bullets, indeed they can! It is awesome fighting Rosey or LeadHeads using corpses for protection.

Wow nice idea. Never thought of that and will try it .

And as for traps ... Don't just settle for corpses!

Even a humble frying pan can save you a lot of grief :P

The only thing funnier than using a frying pan is to rip the mask off of a splicer, and thereafter kill him/her with it.

Also, Bouncer bodies RULE when it comes to blockin' bullets. They're bigger than you are, and also take a HUGE brunt off of RPG's and the like.

My fave is spamming the "swipe / drop" combo for telekinesis. It uses no EVE, either! Just zip something to you, and use the drop command to set it down. You can actually amass quite a pile of junk in front of you for cover in a short ammount of time.

If you must use a body for protection, I would suggest using a Big daddy corpse.

Sorry for asking a real st00pid question, but on the PC version what is the default drop button? and can it be remapped? the only way I've been able to drop stuff is to, once I've telekinesed (I think I just made a word up) an object, go into the weapon menu or something and exit, then the object will drop.

Damn this lack of Edit Post functions!

Good idea by the way. There are so many useful shields just lying about the place.
    They should make a Bioshock: Extreme Corpse Hurling spin-off sports game.

Quote Originally Posted by ulmo View Post
    Sorry for asking a real st00pid question, but on the PC version what is the default drop button? and can it be remapped?
    You can drop an object using the "v" key. I don't know if it can be remapped, but my guess would be that it can.

Just use right click it'll change your plasmid to a weapon and drop the body in the process

Left click to grab something and right click to drop something

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    I don't know if people know this already, if they do sorry. I always use bodies to get rid of traps by using telekineses to hold the corpse and walk through the traps. So I thought, hey could the stop bullets, indeed they can! It is awesome fighting Rosey or LeadHeads using corpses for protection.
    Wow. That's pretty cool! I'll have to try that. Do you think it will work with a big daddy corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    Yeah, I found that out too. I was scared to try it at first incase it didn't work.

This is one of the reasons I love this game so much, all you have to do is think about different ways to do things and you find neat tricks. Next I am going to try using a corpse as a shield against Bouncers and Thuggish Sploicers, then setting a corpse on fire and trying to use it to set others on fire.

as for rosies, anyone ever grab their charges and send em right back at them?

at one wrench+plasmid hard run I was takin heat so I brought up a shield and held it there, it collected like 5 Rosie mines and I chucked it at him, killing him instantly.

You mean, you turned on the telekinesis plasmid and held it on while Rosie threw grenades at you and it collected them all into a pile, which was thrown at him later?

That sounds like a lot of fun.

floating pile.

not as much fun as you'd think, the splicer didn't stop em all and on hard in Arcadia those things HURT.

had to use my mad strafing skills.

Well I just tried out a couple of things.

A splicer body won't protect you from a spider splicer (did you know you could grab their hooks when they throw them using telekineses)

Holding a flaming corpse in front of you using telekineses, then running into splicers and BD on hard = the ultimate weapon (until the flame goes out)

Hmm... the first thing I used telekinesis for was holding a crate in front of me to block bullets while I marched toward a machine gun turrent. I guess it just seemed obvious, since the telekinesis plasmid is basically identical to the gravity gun from HL2.

And further proving that I was just mimicking what I did in halflife with that plasmid, I didn't think of throwing things at traps until very late in the game, I guess because HL2 didnt have traps like this. Instead I used telekinesis to individually pull each bolt out of the wall and drop it.

corpses work wonders for those things, and it costs you a whopping 0 ADAM!

0 EVE, sry.

course, it costs you 0 ADAM too, but that aint the point.

I like shotgunning and telly-ing the spider splicers. a chestfull of 00buck and a gravity shield against the hooks. much fun to be had. I also like wrenching them on the ceiling so they go all goofy and collapse upside down, then splat on the floor.