Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands Live Stream on August 19 - Ask your questions here!

Talking Borderlands Live Stream on August 19 - Ask your questions here!

We'll be streaming a first look of Borderlands 2 live from Gamescom on August 19th - Check out the 2K Blog post for full details and then come back here and post your questions. We'll be picking the best and asking them on air (and those who are chosen will win some rad swag packs - including Borderlands 2 on release!)

http://2kgam.es/qFTlp1

That is awesome and good luck everyone ...

Question: How was the back ground music / sounds picked out for this sequal and how much does the sounds effect gameplay this time around if at all?
    Last edited by ATC 1982; 08-11-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added question

Will there be more emphasis on pvp (arenas) this time around?

Are there new weapons we havent seen before in BL1?

in this game there will be more interaction with the claptraps such as missions with they in which the claptraps can help us to kill enemies, in final, in borderlands 2 we'll be able to see claptraps using weapons?...i hope so

Is there anything planned concerning the AI of the game ? Will ennemies have different behavior according to players strategy (type of weapons used, numbers of players in the fight) or modify their behavior when players take advantages during the fight ?

What sorts of cameos can we expect to potentially see from our former favorite mercenaries and the people who they had taken missions from?

Also, are we taking a leap into the future? Or just leading us to a whole different part of the world (or planet) since the vault won't be reopened for quite some time now?

Possibly the most anoying thing in BL1 was playing with, say Brick and getting all the best pistols that Mordecai could use, or using Lilith and not getting an SMG worth a crap....oh but my Mordecai character has one...doh! If I could only trade between my own characters...could it be that hard? Dont say to get a friend to.....it sucks being an older gamer and having to rely on your nephews to help you out.
    And why only two playthroughs?!?!?!? I dont care if I cant level up anymore, I just need a purpose to play.....a goal.

The map poster we got from Game of the Year said "Pandora's East Coast". Does this mean Borderlands 2 will take place on a different part of Pandora?

My question: Will you somehow implement previously scrapped/unfinished BL1 ideas into this game, like Underdome weather effects, Scythid runners, Grenade Launchers, Adrenaline, etc?

What can you tell us about environments? they are more varied than the previous one?

Do we get to pay 50 dollars for a half game and gets the rest released in additional DLC also?

How many new characters will be available this time ? Four like in previous game or more ?

What about new vehicles ? Will be more diversity of vehicles ?

In Borderland there were that same quest / side missions for all character. Will this time be side missions different for each character ?

Are the missions in Borderlands 2 adapted to the Coop Gameplay? So will it be necessary to proceed tactically as a team to be able to complete certain missions? In Borderlands 1 you only needed to go in and fire on everything that moves
    Sry for my bad english but i think you know what i mean :>

Question 1: Will there be somethin' like tactics, mercenaries (possible to hire), quests for classes (the objective won't be like: kill 10 bandits but somethin' like: for sniper: have to cover friends or NPCs; assassin: have to steal something , enemies can't see him etc.).
    Question 2: Will the characters be more mobility? For example: jumping above cars, hiding behind something etc.
    If there are any mistakes - sorry i'm still learning english I hope that you know what i want to say

The Claptraps with on Board, that I had read. But Its possible that the Scags, Rakks and other animals come back ? There are also the Weapon Shops and Stands and Sani-Stands to buy and sell things like Part 1 ?

Is the Skilltree from Handling and optical the same like Part 1 ? Is there also a Challenge-List like Part 1 ? Did we see also the Psychopaths from Part 1 ?

Is this possible to get a higher Levelcap ?

Question 1:

I want to ask about the main plot of the game, will there be more emphasis on it this time? I mean the first game had a nice story, but it was totally loose and not everyone followed it, some people didn't even understood the games plot after they finished the game. I know people who played the game and didn't knew where the free play begins and where the main plot goes.
    I liked the idea of having the possibility to continually doing everything I want on such big land and being able to not care about the main story, but it would be nice if Borderlands 2 would offer more "preasure" on the story and give the players the possibility to do what they want.

Question 2:

I want to ask about the enemies we can encounter on the vast land of Pandora. In the first game we were limited to only a handful few types of monsters and a little number of humanoid enemies. Are we going to see a widened range of enemies in the sequel ?
    In this question I'd also love to ask about the variety of areas in the game. The first Borderlands gave us the possibility to venture only to a few areas that didn't truly differentiate from each other will this step be repeated in the second game ?

Question 3:

This just popped in my mind . Will our equip help us differentiate from other people ? I am not asking about weapons I am asking about getting the possibility of acquiring an armor that one can equip for his/her character and the armor will change the image of his/her character. Will something like that appear in the game

Question 4:

And the last question is about the characters skills and stats. Are we going to get more offensive skills instead of just one active ability and a massive ammount of passives ? About the stats are we going to see our characters statistics as it is in normal rpgs (vitality, strenght etc.) and with each level up are we going to upgrade them or still we are going to get only a few statistics that will be enhanced only by our equiped weapons, shields etc ?

Question 1:

You can unlock some extra content to have won the Borderland 1?

Question 2:

Will have multiple endings depending on the tasks completed?

1. are you going to make better matchmaking (join during game without leaving to menu)?
    2.more powers ? more characters ? more levels ?
    3.what about playing the same character from borderlands 1 (save migration like in mass effect ) ?
    4. are you going to create cars or boats for 4 people ?
    5. better duels with objectives ?
    6.when you play with a friend average of enemies level ?
    7. special types of enemies ?
    sorry for my english I am still learning

Exclamation Question

First, I love how the weapon system was in Borderlands. I don't think you should be able to customize any part of the gun. The best part of the game was trying to FIND the best gun, not make it.

Here is my question:
    By what has been released and what I understand, the main story of Borderlands 2 is about Handsome Jack and how he has screwed over the vault hunters from Borderlands. I want to know how there will be a whole game based off this premiss. What kind of missions to expect. In Borderlands you were hunting down the vault and to do so you had to "gain the trust of the people". So besides helping Tannis collect the vault pieces, the other missions were lending a hand to the "locals". As much as everyone bashes on the story (which indeed was lacking a little bit) I didn't mind it. I liked how everything turned out. I hope the gameplay doesn't end up feeling short because of too much focus on only a single part of the storyline.

Hello, my question is:

You can customize the weapons? not only add accessories, sight, grenade launcher ...... etc etc I mean aesthetically, colors, skins, logos ..... if so, there will be editor of the same?

a greeting

Exclamation Question

Will there be an option to change the button layout for your controller? That's something I noticed Borderlands did not have.

Q : Can you modify & upgrade weapons?

We use the same character or else we will have?

Will there be a "Playthrough 2" (aka New Game+) and even something beyond that and if so, will you offer more incentives or bonuses to replay the game again besides the higher difficulty? (exclusive missions, some other additions?)

Borderlands is all about guns but will we see some more melee-oriented weapons and abilities or some more gratifying moves you can do?

Coop is a big part of the experience but will there be companions (NPC's) to aid you, maybe when you wan't to play offline and have trouble completing a mission?

Can we expect environments which feel more alive and organic? Besides the day/night cycle B1 felt pretty stale.

And finally: What are some of the most requested changes or features of the community for the first game that made it into the sequel?

What is in Borderlands 2 better than in Borderlands 1 ?

Can we customize our character individually?
    Can we have our own home in Borderlands?
    Can we modify our Car?

1) Achievements in borderlands 1 .... Unlock special content in borderlands 2?
    2) Retain our skills and levels that we have in borderlands 1?
    3) What is the maximum level? 69 or more?

Can we transfer our characters from Borderland 1 into Borderland 2? Or a better question. Have we any advantage, when we played Borderlands 1 for Borderlands 2?

As a big PC/PS3 gamer, one of the few things i felt borderlands lacked was armor customization. The LARGE amount of weapons and RNG loot system was very well implemented and i really appreciated the nostalgic Diablo gameplay.
    I however have a few questions towards the development and direction BL2 is taking.

1.Will there be any type of Armor set / Appearance implemented?
    2. There was a few over world towns and lots of open space to explore, will there be any underground explorable regions and or towns?.

3.This is my biggest question, one of the MAJOR things borderlands lacked was a "Minimap", will there be better navigation tools implemented for Borderlands 2?

Thank you and best of luck to developing and releasing another blockbuster game!!!!

In Borderlands 2 will there be more distinction within characters skills, weapons, and looks?

Will console split-screen be presented vertically or horizontally?

Also, how has Gearbox improved the inconvenient split-screen menu navigation from the first Borderlands?
    Last edited by Codex; 08-15-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Please view forum rule section 5B

1 . will there be any vehicle to vehicle based combat?, and on what scale?
    2 . will you limit the XP a level 1 character gets when playing co-op with a high level character? it was too easy to speed rank in part 1.
    and the big one, I loved the intro to the first game, will 'Cage the Elephant ' be returning? or is there something even better planned ?
    thx!
    Last edited by DRILL-ARM; 08-14-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Hello, have a few questions to ask :
    1/ What powers would have the new characters?
    2/ How did you do to balance the characters?
    3/ Have you keep the same brands of weapons? Still a rivalry between the different companies?

Thanks!

Exclamation Borderlands 2 Swag Bag - Contest Entry Question (in blue)

It seems like most questions have already been asked Damn it! That's ok though, because I have a good, solid question. Here is some background information about it: Borderlands 1 had such a compelling "final" goal that drove nearly EVERY player to complete the game and discover what the "ultimate" treasure of loot was in "The Vault". Unfortunately, when we made it there, after kicking some flying, alien butt and sending a huge guardian "blob" monster to hell, we realize we'd been tricked (or better yet, just plain lied to). I know Randy had already explained in a Game Informer interview that they won't do that to the player this time for Borderlands 2, but...

What ultimate goal (prize) can we expect to "compel" each player to finish the game like the "Vault" did in Borderlands 1?

Will there be trickery again?
    I think fans deserve a better (more rewarding) ending this time around Gearbox...
    Last edited by foreverflash; 08-16-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Just wanted to highlight the main question for contest.

Will Marcus be the story teller again or will there be a new narrator.

This should be the only question that counts!

Will Steve the Bandit finally make his appearance as a game character or will he only be mentioned like he was in the Borderlands expansions?

Please, we want Steve to be in the game! Gotta hear me some "HEEEEYOOOOH!" and know to run in fear.

Question 1
    In the teaser trailer of the Gunzerker, he was dual-wielding guns, will that be an option in the actual game?

Question 2
    What types of new environments can we look forward to seeing?

Question 3
    So who is exactly this "Handsome Jack" character? will he be a prominent villain throughout the whole game, a shady character that you don't hear of too often, or just a named boss like 9 Toes or Sledge?

Question 4
    Will the AI be more realistic? As in, will the enemy still see you a mile away and always know your coming? Will there be more stealthy and sneaky surprise methods to take out some targets?

Question 5
    Will we get more information on the Guardian Angel and her link with Hyperion? Is she the founder of Hyperion based off of her namesake?

Question 6
    Will we get to travel to Sanctuary? Also, where does the game begin? (town, city, outpost, battle)
    Last edited by DeeZasTeR; 08-18-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Question1: Will we get a fully-fledged MP experience? Would be fun to shoot around in comic graphics settings. If so, what modes will you include?
    Question2: Will you include the Game Face technology so that the player could feel even more attached to the game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast