View Poll Results: Do you want to see a Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition Release?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, yes!

16 88.89%
  • No, not really...

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition

Exclamation Wanted: Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition

I am a hardcore Borderlands fan (who has finished 110% of Borderlands and all DLC), who has bought all releases, including the "collectible" GOTY guide and game. Through and through I adored Borderlands. It made a lasting impression. The first ever Role Playing Shooter; essentially creating a brand new genre of games. Yes, it did have it's short-comings but doesn't everything? I saw past that and realized the ground-breaking potential Borderlands attained and unleashed on the Industry.

I am a passionate collector. It would give me NO greater pleasure than to one day own a Collector's edition for Borderlands 2 (along with a Collectible guide and artbook seperately). I am creating this thread to petition 2K and Gearbox Software to STRONGLY consider creating and releasing a high-quality Collector's Edition for Borderlands 2. Borderlands is your front running series now 2K. It is your feature presentation. Nothing deserves the "Collectible" treatment more than BL2.
    Last edited by foreverflash; 08-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Just as a note, using coloured font and changing the size of it on these boards is supposed to only be used to add to the posts: ie, to seperate things on lists etc. Anything else is considered distracting and spammy posting as per the forum rules under 5b.

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Just as a note, using coloured font and changing the size of it on these boards is supposed to only be used to add to the posts: ie, to seperate things on lists etc. Anything else is considered distracting and spammy posting as per the forum rules under 5b.
    Again (as I PM'd you as well) I am sorry Codex. I rushed on here in great anticipation and excitement for Borderlands 2, wanting only to get my question posted first for the swag bag contest. I will not do colorful posts anymore and will use customization sparingly. With that aside, are you a Borderlands fan? Are you excited and hopeful about the prospect of a Collector's Edition for BL2?

DEFINITELY want a Collectors Edition. I think it'd be cool if they had it come with a Borderlands comic or something, or concept art.

If 2k does make a collector's edition for Borderlands 2 all I want if a replica remote control Claptrap that can dance and talk. That's all I want....and I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by AK Downfall View Post
    If 2k does make a collector's edition for Borderlands 2 all I want if a replica remote control Claptrap that can dance and talk. That's all I want....and I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with me
    That is the best idea I've ever heard. Like ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Lucente View Post
    That is the best idea I've ever heard. Like ever.
    Agreed, that would be amazing.

I want a Lanyard, plush and what ever else ...

Exclamation Greatest Idea Ever.

If this came to be, I would attempt to do a double backflip and probably kill myself! lol
    You are exactly right Downfall. Everyone DOES agree. This is the greatest idea EVER. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
    If this came to be, I would attempt to do a double backflip and probably kill myself! lol
    You are exactly right Downfall. Everyone DOES agree. This is the greatest idea EVER. Period.
    haha don't I feel like a god. (not really)

Quote Originally Posted by atc 1982 View Post
    i want a lanyard, plush and what ever else ...
    claptrap plushie! Yessss

Thumbs up Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by FallenVamphyre View Post
    claptrap plushie! Yessss
    lol This too... is 2nd greatest idea ever.

Of course, who doesn't ?

LIFE SIZED*!

*This is not actually going to happen. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    LIFE SIZED*!

Maybe? So it may happen? PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN O HOLY ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    LIFE SIZED*!

Although life sized would be awesome, I'm guessing the chances of it happening are slim. But I wouldn't mind a mini sized claptrap if it means losing the standards of a collector's edition (artbook, exclusive content, soundtrack, blah, blah)

Although life sized would be awesome, I'm guessing the chances of it happening are slim. But I wouldn't mind a mini sized claptrap if it means losing the standards of a collector's edition (artbook, exclusive content, soundtrack, blah, blah)
    Maybe there are chances. But something like 200 pieces each for $1000. In that case i prefer a mini one than a LIFE SIZED

Exclamation Claptrap! Moving parts! Talking voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Lucente View Post
    Maybe? So it may happen? PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN O HOLY ONE.
    Yes, Elizabeth, the holiest of holies. Please, make something happen that involves "claptrap"! I don't care how, just that some figurine that can talk and move comes out for claptrap...may the God's show favor!

"In what country is there a place for people like me?"
    in the poll i voted 'no", why? Someone's got to do it! Anyway I don't see it being anything like bioshock 2's special edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules753 View Post
    in the poll i voted 'no", why? Someone's got to do it! Anyway I don't see it being anything like bioshock 2's special edition.
    No of course it won't be as good as Bioshock, but that's a whole different developer! Bioshock is a bigger production. As far as Gearbox is concerned, I feel Borderlands is their front-running franchise right now, and it's a DAMN good one. They are hinging on it's success. I was hoping no one would say no, but it's ok because a CE is already confirmed for BL2! Yippy! We just don't know the contents yet... :P

Hmmm.

What draws me to Collectors' Editions most of all, is in-game bonus content. Even if it's only aesthetic stuff.

I don't care about artbooks (at most, I'll flip through it once, then put it on a shelf to collect dust). I don't generally care about soundtracks. I almost never care about little figurines or designer boxes (the Bobblehead and Lunchbox from Fallout 3 being rare exceptions).

As a result, I rarely buy Collectors' or Limited editions of games.

City of Heroes, City of Villains? Bonus costume pieces for their CE: sign me up (I bought both). Champions Online? Bonus costume pieces for the Lifetime Subscription (and I thought I'd get my moneys' worth of play-time, based on experience with CoH/V): sign me up (I bought one).

Games like Bioshock 2? Where all the extras are out-of-game stuff I'll stop caring about within 72 hours? Eh, I'll pass, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
    Hmmm.

What draws me to Collectors' Editions most of all, is in-game bonus content. Even if it's only aesthetic stuff.

I don't care about artbooks (at most, I'll flip through it once, then put it on a shelf to collect dust). I don't generally care about soundtracks. I almost never care about little figurines or designer boxes (the Bobblehead and Lunchbox from Fallout 3 being rare exceptions).

As a result, I rarely buy Collectors' or Limited editions of games.

City of Heroes, City of Villains? Bonus costume pieces for their CE: sign me up (I bought both). Champions Online? Bonus costume pieces for the Lifetime Subscription (and I thought I'd get my moneys' worth of play-time, based on experience with CoH/V): sign me up (I bought one).

Games like Bioshock 2? Where all the extras are out-of-game stuff I'll stop caring about within 72 hours? Eh, I'll pass, thanks.
    Even if the out-of-game content might be a remote control Claptrap?

Exactly! All I can say is: "Here, take my money 2K!"
    Last edited by foreverflash; 01-15-2012 at 02:53 PM.

.... my cats would destroy it within an hour. And while I could probably leverage that event into a multi-million-view YouTube phenomenon, and maybe even spin off an entire Meme or two ... meh. No, not even if the out-of-game content was a remote control Claptrap.

Sorry.

.... my cats would destroy it within an hour. And while I could probably leverage that event into a multi-million-view YouTube phenomenon, and maybe even spin off an entire Meme or two ... meh. No, not even if the out-of-game content was a remote control Claptrap.

Sorry.
    Collector's and Limited edition video games are definitely not for everyone. I myself, am a passionate video game, movie and media collector. It so hilarious how you feel the way you do about the "physical" content and I feel just the opposite about "digital" content. I feel entirely ripped off when all that is released for a game I anticipate is "limited edition" DLC. I feel this takes no effort on the part of the Developer or Publisher to add this content and it leaves me with nothing "tangible" to hold and cherish. Don't get me wrong, I love DLC when it's done right, but i don't think it's a substitute for a good Steelbook, statue, cloth map, CD soundtrack, or art book (all common collector items). Take the recent Assassin's Creed Revelations, or Battlefield 3. Both were released as "limited editions" but had no physical collectibles, not even a nice steelbook (for the US). Instead, there was just DLC. Needless to say I was very dissapointed, even though the DLC was decent; Big titles such as these deserves something tangible to collect and treasure.

As they say: different strokes for different folks.

As they say: different strokes for different folks.
    Haha well said. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

You know, maybe they need to make BOTH ...!

A "Limited Edition", for those of us that want more in-game shinies ... and a "Collectors' Edition", for folks like you, who want out-of-game tangibles.

And then, an "Ultimate Edition", which is simply ... both, in the same box.

You know, maybe they need to make BOTH ...!

A "Limited Edition", for those of us that want more in-game shinies ... and a "Collectors' Edition", for folks like you, who want out-of-game tangibles.

And then, an "Ultimate Edition", which is simply ... both, in the same box.
    That's a good concept in theory: please everyone. I know it's been done before, but not in the way you describe. Call of Duty for example had several games w/ 2 editions. I think your onto something here Pax. I think cost wise, making a lesser "Limited" edition with mostly digital content (and maybe a different cover art) would be relatively inexpensive, and they could make a very limited amount of Collector editions which would include both game and physical collectibles. I don't see how a third edition would work, but two editions, 1 digital limited and 1 Collector limited, could really work! It's not too different from what's already been done, I've just never seen a publisher combine both a digital limited with a Collector edition. I'd love it!

I want a bobbletrap. Anything else in a Collector's edition is just gravy.

Borderlands sold over 4 milion copies, I would think it odd if gearbox didn't realese a collectors edition & Limited edition to $$$$ in.

Quote Originally Posted by NightIsTheNewDay View Post
    Borderlands sold over 4 milion copies, I would think it odd if gearbox didn't realese a collectors edition & Limited edition to $$$$ in.
    Yea they already announced there will be a Collector Edition, Gearbox just hasn't revealed what the contents will be yet. I made this thread long before the announcement. I'm so glad so many people feel as I do about Borderlands!

Still hoping for a remote control Claptrap...

Still hoping for a remote control Claptrap...
    I'm hoping for ANY thing claptrap! Claptrap is the heart and soul of Borderlands...they just HAVE to give you something for claptrap in the CE!

Any CE is incomplete without a artbook and a soundtrack, otherwise I agree with everyone it has to come with anything claptrap.

Any news on the potential Collector's Edition and it's contents anyone? It's getting closer to September, I'd think 2K would have already decided on the contents and packaging by now...

No news yet, but Pax is coming up this weekend so there may be something there from Gearbox.

Although we can expect tons more news after the weekend from people who got to play it, to add to all the media coverage from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Canadian View Post
    No news yet, but Pax is coming up this weekend so there may be something there from Gearbox.

Although we can expect tons more news after the weekend from people who got to play it, to add to all the media coverage from yesterday.
    That's good news. Too bad I can never go to these damn conventions. They're SO awesome and I miss them every time due to commitments & responsibilities...

Is it PAX East that's happening now? Are you going Canadian? Let me know what you find out!

It is indeed PAX East. They're doing Livestreams with some borderlands 2 ones going on right now here: http://www.twitch.tv/2K

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    It is indeed PAX East. They're doing Livestreams with some borderlands 2 ones going on right now here: http://www.twitch.tv/2K
    Thanks Codex for the link! I'm checking it out right now, I think I saw you in chat? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast