View Poll Results: Do you want to see a Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition Release?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, yes!

16 88.89%
  • No, not really...

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition

Yep, I've been pestering people all day

For anyone looking for CE info, it was revealed at the Gearbox Panel and is located here on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5900166/borderland...ium=socialflow

Dude. I am so excited right now I honestly can't describe it. It's like uberfantasticlyepiclyincredibly excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait. No, I mean it, I really CAN NOT wait and I WILL NOT! I'm gonna get it now! By the power of my hand it shall be mine this instant. :P :P :P
    Last edited by foreverflash; 05-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Any new word from the powers that be (cough Elizabeth cough :P) on the upcoming Ultimate Loot chest, Vault Hunter and Collector's edition for Borderlands 2 that was announced at PAX East? An announcement date? When can we preorder? Finale designs/content?

I've had my finger on the trigger to preorder since PAX but nothing yet...

A collectors edition would be awesome, but what would it include to make it a "collectors edition"

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade2089 View Post
    A collectors edition would be awesome, but what would it include to make it a "collectors edition"
    My friend, if you watched PAX East this past March, you would know they already announced/decided on what editions there will be. 2K and Gearbox plan on having 3 different editions. A limited edition (or collectors), a Vault Hunter edition and an "ultimate" loot chest edition.

I was just asking the powers that be if there is any new word on these editions, when we can preorder them and their final design/contents.

But good thing is they've already decided on some awesome editions. Well deserving...

So there would be weapons/ equipable items that only come from purchasing one of these preordered "collectors" editions?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade2089 View Post
    So there would be weapons/ equipable items that only come from purchasing one of these preordered "collectors" editions?
    No. Borderlands 2 will be like almost every other game release in the past several years: It will have bonus DLC content that comes with all standard AND collector's editions of the game. You don't have to buy a collector's edition to get the bonus DLC pack. But, the vault hunters and ultimate loot chest editions (which will be considered collector's editions) MAY have EXTRA DLC and bonus content in addition to the standard bonus content.

You can see what I mean by preorder bonus here:
    http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/

Preorder bonuses generally do not cost extra and are just an incentive to preorder the game day 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12