Thread: Hall Of Fame not working

Hall Of Fame not working

I'm not sure whats wrong with the Hall of Fame.Mine has never worked since I bought the game on the Gamersgate sale.I've completed about 9 games and the Hall of Fame says I still haven't finished a game.

Has anyone else had this problem?

So, you are absolutely sure you have won or lost a game? Pop-up window ("You win/lose!") and everything?

Yep,I have won on all the victory conditions.I have unlocked 81 Steam achievements.To stand the test of time is one of them.

Here's two screen shots I took to show what it's doing.I hope this is how you post it.Never done this before.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...1079760210184/?

The game runs great on my computer.I have never had a crash or anything.Yes it does slow down some on huge maps 12 civs 24 city states.This is my only problem so far.

Well I guess nobody has ever heard of this problem before.Hall of Fame is not something I need to have working.It just would be nice.I thought somebody might have an idea.

Well at least the game runs well.

Go to your Libraries>Documents>My games>Civilization 5>Replays -folder. You should see a file with name "HallOfFameDatabase.db"

This is where data from your completed games should be stored. Is the file there? If not, are you sure you have the permission to write to that folder? I really would like to help but don't really have a clue what might cause this problem of yours.

I have the same thing going on
    I tried to remove the db file and then validated my files so it would come back but nope

The DB file is back but how do I get my old games back into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peets View Post
    I tried to remove the db file and then validated my files so it would come back but nope

I seriously doubt you can actually. The db file would be just a local database file storing the data your game has generated. Removing that file remove the only location where that data would be stored. That's my guess sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Peets View Post

Sorry to here that Peets,I thought I was the only one with this unsolvable problem.

Just an update.I finished 2 games since I last checked in and it recorded one of the victorys in the hall of fame,but the other it did not.It stills says I haven't completed any games lol.Here is another screen shot of my HOF as it shows now...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...986697?tab=all

Sectoid,Thank you for trying to help but I tried to look where you said and I couldn't find anything.I'm not sure I am looking in the right place.

From your posts in this form(yes I have been a lurker for a long time)you seem to be very helpful and well respected in the community form.I appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by Crismac; 09-07-2011 at 08:37 PM.

I too have lost my HOF. It says I haven't completed any games. May have started with a patch.

Having the same problem. It lists one game and then the rest is blank with the message that I haven't finished the game. In my case though the last game played will replace the previous game played listed in the HOF. It seems it's just become one open slot.
    Anyone have any solution for this?

Having the same problem here as well. In my case the problem started with patch 1.0.1.332, before this everything worked well. Have been yearning for a fix on this for a couple of months now.

still no fix????

Peets,I think there done with Civ 5.There has been no reply from 2K Greg or David and Elizabeth
    in weeks on any subject on this form.All I can say is,at least I'm glad the game in general works.I guess I can live without the HOF.Sucks though.

Go to your Steam Library. Uninstall Civ V. Then re-install Civ V and you will start with a new Hall of Fame Database. Old games will be lost of course.

Ok SirMaru,I will try that.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crismac View Post
    Ok SirMaru,I will try that.Thanks
    Did it work?

JNPET,I have been busy with work so I am re-downloading the game now.I will let you know how it goes.I know you and some other people are having this issue also.So I will report back as soon as I can.Hope it works

Update...Holy crap,this takes a long time to download again.I forgot how long it really took.2 1/2 Hrs,I hope this is worth it.
    Last edited by Crismac; 11-03-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Update

Well I installed and re-installed the game and the HOF games that were there are still there(2 out of the 15 or so I have won).So I guess I will need to complete a game to see if it will start recording them.I don't hold out very much hope since the games that show on the HOF stayed there and didn't delete.I will try this Friday after work.

Yeah same beaten several games on different conditions, difficulties, map sizes, and such and HoF is still default one. Thought it was just like that till reading this rofl. I've seen games where the hall of fame is just a guide for letting you know how you did but doesn't actually do anything. Guessing Civ Vs isn't that type normally?

Just wanted to check in. See if there were any updates to this.

Bump. Just to see if there's any update.

It´s the same with my CIV V, HOF is empty, it says that I still have´nt finished a game, and really I finished more than 50 games. I did not find any solution to this problem.

My HOF isn't empty but my scores only get in there sometimes. It seems to vary randomly.

The score algorithm is bad anyway. I got over 9000 for winning on prince starting in Future era but got a measly 2000 or so for a Culture victory on Deity from Ancient era.

You can get Steam to check for missing or damaged files but they've hidden this option very well (worst design decision ever?).

--
    t00t t00t
    1046 hours played

One important thing:

I'm pretty (90%?) sure that games played with mods don't get into the HOF.

Hi guys,I PM greg with this discussion on it just to let him know about this problem to see if it went under the radar and not to my surprise it went unanswered.I wasn't asking for a fix just asking him wither they even know about it.Even a response(we know about it)would have been nice.Here is the message I sent for your info....http://forums.2kgames.com/private.ph...pm&pmid=424174

HOF ? I don't even have a HOF anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    My HOF isn't empty but my scores only get in there sometimes. It seems to vary randomly.

The score algorithm is bad anyway. I got over 9000 for winning on prince starting in Future era but got a measly 2000 or so for a Culture victory on Deity from Ancient era.

You can get Steam to check for missing or damaged files but they've hidden this option very well (worst design decision ever?).

--
    t00t t00t
    1046 hours played
    tOOtie,I have used the verify integrity of game cache with steam it keeps saying I have one file failed to verfy and will be reacquired,everytime I do this it says the same thing.So I assume it is not reacquiring it and must be the file with the HOF,since that is the only problem I am still having.I have unstalled the game twice to see if it would correct it and this has not worked either.

Also I don't use mods either so that one is out for me too.Sure would be nice to have this fixed before G&K's.But not holding my breath.

You assume wrong .

What it is "failing" to acquire, is a file it CANNOT acquire, a customized EXE file, linked to your steam account.

The HOF issue, is one that just seems to be there

Watching some game play videos on youtube, I noticed that the end panel showing the stats when the game is over, some had the HOF on there and it replaced what on mine would be the replay.
    I thought perhaps it was a change made with the new Gods and Kings DLC. I was going to buy it anyway, so I did. First I uninstalled the original game. I re-installled and then the DLC uploaded.
    No difference. And my stats page still shows "replay" rather than HOF as seen on some of those Youtube videos.
    Anyone got anything further on this?

Further to my above post, following link is to a youtube video where someone has won culture victory on deity level.

Check out the win panel at the end and you can see the last tab says Hall of Fame. The player even opens it up and shows where his game ended up.
    On my game the end of game panel does not have the Hall of Fame tab at all. Instead it has been replaced with "Replay".
    Why is my end panel different? And does it have anything to do with the HOF not working?
    Could it be the player on the Youtube video is running a Mod? If so which mod is it and where can I find it?
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I love the game, but I also really want the HOF to work so I can compare my past games.

You'd be best to track down the person who made the video. By clicking on the uploader's name "GramatonBlog" under the video, you can see their page. On the right of that screen is their name again with a drop down arrow which displays a menu to send them a message. They have had recent activity according to their status page, so they may reply with the information you seek.

I'd suggest though that it's a mod, though again since it's an older video, the mod in question might not be available through the Steam Workshop. If the author has moved on, you might be out of luck. Could pay to ask in the modding subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Strudo76 View Post
    You'd be best to track down the person who made the video. By clicking on the uploader's name "GramatonBlog" under the video, you can see their page. On the right of that screen is their name again with a drop down arrow which displays a menu to send them a message. They have had recent activity according to their status page, so they may reply with the information you seek.

I'd suggest though that it's a mod, though again since it's an older video, the mod in question might not be available through the Steam Workshop. If the author has moved on, you might be out of luck. Could pay to ask in the modding subforum.
    I tried what you suggested and here is his response:

Quote Originally Posted by GramatonBlog
    I wasn't using any mod while recording these clips. I made them 2 days after release and I don't play Civ 5 anymore so something might change in these 2 years - maybe they removed HoF later?
    Sounds to me the problem started after an update.