Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SPQR - Rise of Rome

Sorry if I'm a bit thick but are you saying that version 21 has to be added to version 20 for it to work and therefore no deleting of version 20?????

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr1812 View Post
    Sorry if I'm a bit thick but are you saying that version 21 has to be added to version 20 for it to work and therefore no deleting of version 20?????
    You can delete Version 20.

Version 21 will not work with previous version saved games except for Version 20 saved games.......and of course it'll work as a stand-alone.

In Version 22, you're going to see a much greater presence of warships in the Mediterranean. You're in for a treat. It's going to be lots! I might have to increase the unit supply limit because of it.

nevermind....

Never mind on what? The unit supply limit, or the warships?

I had typed something completely different, and it turns out it wasn't possible what I wanted to do, and since I couldn't delete the message I typed over it with 'nevermind...'

Hi,

I played through and went down the Repulic social policy branch first. I needed 700 for my first policy. Then 745 for my second one as I had one city by that time. When I select my 2nd policy the cost will increase to 840 when I select anything except the policy in the middle policy which is Executive Magistrates. However when I select Executive Magistrates my policy cost increases to 865. The policy is suppose to decrease my cost by 50% per extra city but it actually increases the cost. Am I reading this wrong.

Thank

Quote Originally Posted by kevini View Post
    Hi,

I played through and went down the Repulic social policy branch first. I needed 700 for my first policy. Then 745 for my second one as I had one city by that time. When I select my 2nd policy the cost will increase to 840 when I select anything except the policy in the middle policy which is Executive Magistrates. However when I select Executive Magistrates my policy cost increases to 865. The policy is suppose to decrease my cost by 50% per extra city but it actually increases the cost. Am I reading this wrong.

Thank
    I'll look into it. Different policies have different costs, it's just less once you activate executive magistrates.

To correct your description on the policy: Each city you found will increase the culture cost of policies 50% less than the normal increase amount that additional cities would create.

Additionally, different policies have different cost increases associated. An example of a true comparison would be: Compare the increase in cost of your 3rd policy pick of the exact same policy with and without executive magistrate activated. The increase will be less when executive magistrate is activated.

I did have Rome and one other city that I did found. I understood the found part. I had not at this point captured any cities. I wondering if 2 steps into Democracy for Rome or anyone is a good idea.

I kind of like the Class System policy branch, personally.

Sir you are a legend. Deprived me of many hours of sleep. I can not wait to see this mod finished.
    Just FYI, I was playing v19, some buildings around turn 400 if build make your cities disappear (city exists, but the city image is blank. I used to get same glitch in version 7, when building the first slave building.

Quick question: Are you planning to introduce Imperial Legions later on in the game? Or Marian units is as far as it will go?
    Also when Gods and Kings comes out. I hear they will introduce many more units. Will you integrate them into SPQR?

Quote Originally Posted by emaxm View Post
    Sir you are a legend. Deprived me of many hours of sleep. I can not wait to see this mod finished.
    Just FYI, I was playing v19, some buildings around turn 400 if build make your cities disappear (city exists, but the city image is blank. I used to get same glitch in version 7, when building the first slave building.
    That's a strange bug I have not seen yet. I would need to know specifically what buildings those are that caused the bug.

I think you will like Version 21 much better than 19.

Quote Originally Posted by emaxm View Post
    Quick question: Are you planning to introduce Imperial Legions later on in the game? Or Marian units is as far as it will go?
    Also when Gods and Kings comes out. I hear they will introduce many more units. Will you integrate them into SPQR?
    yes, no, and yes. You can count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruelgor View Post
    and yes. You can count on it.
    Any ideas, so far, you wanna share with us?

Quote Originally Posted by MAHak View Post
    Any ideas, so far, you wanna share with us?
    I have to wait and see what the XML options are. As you know, this is a pure XML mod created by a wargamer (not by a coder).

I found this site:
    http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_ex...html#new_units
    It looks legit. I only see a few units you can add to this mod but the religion aspect could be interesting.

hello guys...I am currently playing with version 19 and I'm really enjoying...I only have a single question:you fixed the problem of the disappearing city after building things as proconsul or slave camp???

Quote Originally Posted by kamilberserk View Post
    hello guys...I am currently playing with version 19 and I'm really enjoying...I only have a single question:you fixed the problem of the disappearing city after building things as proconsul or slave camp???
    I'm playing v21, and I don't see any cities disappearing when I build proconsul or slave camp.

You sure it's not something else causing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruelgor View Post
    I'm playing v21, and I don't see any cities disappearing when I build proconsul or slave camp.

You sure it's not something else causing it?
    The previous version had a bag with the city...still play v19 because I'm doing a amazing game
    I can not wait to try v21

Try looking at worker tools

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-man View Post
    Try looking at worker tools
    Yep, that's what is causing the city to disappear. Thanks. Will be fixed in Version 22.

I feel that production is too quick and easy which minimizes the fun in production strategy.

Next Version 22 - unit and building production will take 50% longer.

When Colloseum is discovered it will allow:

Colloseum: The structure gives no immediate benefit, but allows access to the below. Can't be built in capital.
    Flavian Amphitheatre: The structure gives no immediate benefit, but allows access to the below. Can only be built in capital.
    Gladiatorial Games: +10 happiness (requires Colloseum or Flavian Amphitheatre) - Unlocked by Slave Entertainment I
    Emperor's Games: +10 happiness (requires Flavian Amphitheatre) - Unlocked by Slave Entertainment II
    Wild Beasts: +10 happiness (requires Flavian Amphitheatre) - Unlocked by Slave Entertainment II
    Sea Battles: +10 happiness (requires Flavian Amphitheatre) - Unlocked by Slave Entertainment III

All the above will become obsolete with the discovery of Constantine.
    Last edited by Kruelgor; 05-26-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Praetorian Guard will reduce unhappiness by 50% and give a defense bonus to the capital.

Astronomically high maintenance.

Can only be built where the Palatine Palace exist.

Obsolete with Monotheism. The emperor is no longer seen as a god.
    Last edited by Kruelgor; 05-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.

In the latter years, Romans were living the good life. They increasingly didn't want to fight and die in war. Especially as their population became more and more non-Roman due to immigration and territorial integration.

Imperial Units will produce unhappiness.

Imperial I - each unit produces 2 unhappiness
    Imperial II - each unit produces 4 unhappiness
    Imperial III - each unit produces 6 unhappiness
    Imperial IV - each unit produces 8 unhappiness
    Imperial V - each unit produces 10 unhappiness

Queen Deity Temple increases the defense of all cities within your empire by 5%. There is no limit to the number of cities that can build this temple.

Light House will increase revenue by 5% for all trade routes within your empire. Requires harbor. The premise is if ships can find the harbor faster then the demand for cargo shipments will increase for both land and sea.

Version 22 is ready for download.

NOTICE: This version will not work with previous versions.

- Increased production costs by 50% for units and buildings. This makes it more strategic on what you build.
    - Made it longer to reach Golden Age.
    - AI will definitely build more warships now.
    - Increased the Hun's liklihood to attack minor states.
    - Created the Praetorian Guard.
    - Created all the Roman Imperial Legion units.
    - Created Roman Colosseum.
    - Created Flavian Ampitheatre (a super colosseum).
    - Created Gladiatorial Games.
    - Created Wild Beasts for colosseum games.
    - Create Emperor's Games for Flavian Ampitheatre.
    - Created Sea Battles for Flavian Ampitheatre.
    - Created Foederati IV foot and horse units.
    - Created Queen Deity Temple.
    - Created Lighthouse
    - Created City Walls
    - Created Civilized Archers III
    - Created all Barbarian Slayer units.
    - Created Slayer Horde.
    - Created Civilized Catapult I.
    - Created Civilized Swordsman II.
    - Created Civilized Heavy Phalanx III.
    - Created Civilized Swordsman III.
    - Created Barbarian Horsemen IV.
    - Created Barbarian Horsemen V.
    - Moved Great Library over to its proper technology.
    - Opened up the edges of the Alps a bit, hoping this will allow the AI to attack northern Roman cities more frequently.

hello guys i need a clarification about the policies.Their work exactly like the old, or are adapted to mod??? Sometimes I feel like not working properly and my confusion is increased when choosing a policy I do not see the effect (for example, policies of class system)

hello guys i need a clarification about the policies.Their work exactly like the old, or are adapted to mod??? Sometimes I feel like not working properly and my confusion is increased when choosing a policy I do not see the effect (for example, policies of class system)
    I have the same problem... I choice them blind...

chaps I think they do work as specified because when I choice Ceasar and it said my unhappiness would increase, guess what, it did from -6 to -68, which I must admit is more than expected and not sure how i can get that back. My whole empire is now grinding to a halt and rebels are cropping up all over the place. It would be useful to know the extent of the policies in terms of their exact impact. At the moment not sure I would pick Ceasar again????? By the way I am using version 20

chaps I think they do work as specified because when I choice Ceasar and it said my unhappiness would increase, guess what, it did from -6 to -68, which I must admit is more than expected and not sure how i can get that back. My whole empire is now grinding to a halt and rebels are cropping up all over the place. It would be useful to know the extent of the policies in terms of their exact impact. At the moment not sure I would pick Ceasar again????? By the way I am using version 20
    heheh unbelievable.... thank goodness you tell me that, I must remember to save before.
    would be great if someone summarizing the effects of policies

Quote Originally Posted by Maucat View Post
    I have the same problem... I choice them blind...
    If you hover the mouse over the policy it will tell you what it does. Maybe it doesn't work on non-English versions, I'm not sure.

Here's a screenshot:

does not work on the Italian version
    ....I try to change the language we see what happens

does not work on the Italian version
    ....I try to change the language we see what happens
    I'll see if I can fix this for non-english versions.

Another outcome to the choice of caesar is I have had to date a group of 4 and then 3 rebel horsemen in Italia and now the biggest shock is the appearance of 11 marian IV legions with 2 x field promotions right outside Rome, who are destroying everything in their path. Not sure at the moment why I would make this policy choice again. No military genius dictators for me, just stick with the Republic!!!!!!

Another outcome to the choice of caesar is I have had to date a group of 4 and then 3 rebel horsemen in Italia and now the biggest shock is the appearance of 11 marian IV legions with 2 x field promotions right outside Rome, who are destroying everything in their path. Not sure at the moment why I would make this policy choice again. No military genius dictators for me, just stick with the Republic!!!!!!
    I have yet to see this in action yet. I'm sure it will need to be adjusted and fine tuned.

I think what I could do, is make the Caesar policy allow a special building to be constructed which will take time to build and only buildable in the capital. Once completed it will make the unhappiness go away. The building could be called something like "Civil War Victory" or something similar.

My work on this mod will now come to a minimum, as I'm now spending a lot of time creating an online retail store for Organic products. I have a strong interest in helping the people to prevent and fight against cancer by promoting chemical-free organic goods to consumers.

Good luck with your project but my only plea is don't forget us as this is one fantastic mod which is truly a master piece thanks to you

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast