Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 3565

Thread: Venting Area (RVAFTDS)/ What I Did in BS2 Today

So Xen, is the reduced play time helping your mood any? Paragraph one sounded like a "yes." Paragraph two sounded like a "not so much."

And JoemommAK1200, you're just a young 'un!

It has helped my mood a lot. I've decided that if I feel annoyed I'll just drop out of a match. I mean I am already a level 50 rebirth. I have no real goals. So I play and if I don't enjoy it, I don't play for long.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonmicon View Post
    It has helped my mood a lot. I've decided that if I feel annoyed I'll just drop out of a match. I mean I am already a level 50 rebirth. I have no real goals. So I play and if I don't enjoy it, I don't play for long.
    Hey, you are in another video. Haven't watched it yet, but it's another MichaelIDK (LarsDK) vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FBYt...feature=relmfu

I went from crossbow headshots, to nade spam, to tk shotty. That match was a frustrating mess, Good Game though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoemommAK1200 View Post
    42 yrs old here...Oh, and caveman, love the way words fall out of your mouth, it's kinda like cucumber slices falling out of a salad shooter...kinda sounds like me back in the day after being awake for 4 days on meth
    haHA! thanx for the mention... I never was a fan of stimulant binges though... In my youth I was more into hallucinogens, and even though they make for a good teacher, eventually you have to graduate... Nowadays my ramblings come from good ol' fashioned vodka.

It has helped my mood a lot. I've decided that if I feel annoyed I'll just drop out of a match.
    You and I were on the same team (I was playing a new alt) and you left (CTS, Farmer's Market, yesterday?). I didn't know if you left on purpose or were disconnected. Just thought I'd let you know we won 4-0.

I'm glad the team won, I had to leave. Had something that needed to be done. Wish I could have hung around though.

I went from crossbow headshots, to nade spam, to tk shotty. That match was a frustrating mess, Good Game though.
    Finally got to watch it. You did well from what I saw. Respectable score.

I thought so, I've been working hard to get better. I'm almost in balance with my K/D only a hundred kills to get there. I'll double that due to the fact that I will die a few dozen times. I've worked hard with crossbow head shots. Spent time this morning with the nailgun grenade launcher loadout. It was meh. I feel more comfortable with my current loadouts, there more versatile.

I thought so, I've been working hard to get better. I'm almost in balance with my K/D only a hundred kills to get there. I'll double that due to the fact that I will die a few dozen times. I've worked hard with crossbow head shots. Spent time this morning with the nailgun grenade launcher loadout. It was meh. I feel more comfortable with my current loadouts, there more versatile.
    I know some people are effective with the NG. But I think those people could do well with any weapon. Key to the NG is to never be in front of anyone because one EB and you're toast. You'll never get reved up again before being dead. The one and only time I ever use it is if and when I have a designated BD loadout. Other than that, it is my least favorite weapon. I don't know if I completed the NG trials on any of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaneTheMono View Post
    I played maybe 4 games.. I spent a good half an hour trying to find another, and by trying i mean I even checked out the lobby for every match type. Am I the only one having this issue? Or are people just dropping bio like a hot potato and matches are just scarce? There are two people I won't play with, on their team or not... so I don't think that is really the issue either. Maybe I'm playing the wrong hours I usually don't play and get warmed up til around 9 or ten in the evenings.. Is it any better in the morning?
    I often have trouble finding matches around that time (which works out to 7-8 here in the Pacific time zone), especially matches without stacked teams. I find the most matches and the best matches (little-to-no stacking, and a nice mix of high, mid, and low levels) in the morning and in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Adelaide; 05-04-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Some players in this game really aren't worth trying to play against, It's when the EB/BS comes out and just steamroll them. Aren't even worth putting effort into playing against, Why bother if they're all as bad as the rest?

Meh.

Screw you, rage-quiting hosts. I've only won one match this evening because of you crybabies.

EDIT: Finally got some wins! Played a bunch of late night matches with kingneo as host and he never quit a losing match.
    Last edited by Adelaide; 05-05-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Strong! View Post
    Some players in this game really aren't worth trying to play against, It's when the EB/BS comes out and just steamroll them. Aren't even worth putting effort into playing against, Why bother if they're all as bad as the rest?

Meh.
    What do you mean by "bad"? I am actually assuming you don't mean bad as in new, therefore not good yet. Because without new, bad players, the game will die. I know some people here complain about those players sometimes due to the lack of competition. But the influx is necessary. I get the feeling, however, you are talking more about a type of player that annoy you.

Last night was awful. My first few matches were against some nade spamming douches, and the CW wasn't any better.... The first few matches were so unbalanced, and the reziciding was at an all time high. My last couple of matches I managed to team up with/go against TheEpicFish... Fish, I give you props man for sticking with that no stun loadout despite all that nadespamming ,reziciding ,boxspamming, Daddy hugging ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ going on.

All in all, I had better days

Definitely agree with you. Sorry about deciding to switch to EB/CB at the end of the match against you. Just thought, "whatever", at it all. Good gosh, my team was just so horrible, and it was the same when we were teamed up. Not my best of days when it came to playing, but then again, whatever.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TxBuckeye View Post
    What do you mean by "bad"? I am actually assuming you don't mean bad as in new, therefore not good yet. Because without new, bad players, the game will die. I know some people here complain about those players sometimes due to the lack of competition. But the influx is necessary. I get the feeling, however, you are talking more about a type of player that annoy you.
    I'm talking about the EB/Fail, GL Hoppers, Box Spam crutch, And Stacking garbage.

I tried to play today after a week off, expecting the small break to help. Made it through a single game of CW. Started a second game with Xen and Red and some others on what I suppose was a stacked team, though Venom and others were on the other team, so I doubt it ended up that way. The second game was CTS, which was always my least favorite mode. Only made it through maybe two minutes before I left. Hate to say it, but after a week off, the game was still boring and monotonous. I'll keep it on the shelf another few weeks but, to be honest, I think the game has jumped the shark for me. Just no variety to it, and nothing to hold my interest anymore. Every game seems just like every other game.

Wait, you played against me today? Odd, I haven't played today.

I went solo after that match. Got into a cts match this morning with a nade loadout and racked up 30 kills and died only 6 times. People were nut hugging despite me setting them on fire and hitting them with nades. Jumped in and out of a few matches today. Spend some time in adam grab again (no boosters) worked with the machine gun again. Did some no-stuns with the eg (nothing impressive). All in all it was a decent day. I'll be playing again later tonight. May just work on becoming a nade king again.

It was V999NOM not you, you were playing a different game Gotham Impostors I think.

Ah, You guys need to clear up which Venom you talk about. >_> Gets confusing, DON'T DO THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Strong! View Post
    Ah, You guys need to clear up which Venom you talk about. >_> Gets confusing, DON'T DO THAT!
    Sorry, but I don't even try to keep up with all the names. I have no clue who is who around here if you don't use your forum name. Which is probably ironic since I don't use mine.

Last night/early this morning (around 12am-2am) I played some very successful matches with the ol' nade launcher. I was using some suggested loadouts and racked up some decent amount of kills. Won a Sotf match the others I came in either second or third most of the time. Found a way to use homing nades without bee's (major perk). Got ranted about in CTS. Left that match in lobby just to not have to hear it. Then I decided to play a few matches with BlanetheMono. I switched up my loadout to my old favorite and we spent time either killing each other in Team Adam Grab (a legit match) or in CW which we saved each others rears. All in all this has been a very good weekend. I hope to have another good time. So I'll see you on the battlefield on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Expect nade spam. As I'm casual play now so I don't have the practice time for headshots.

Then I decided to play a few matches with BlanetheMono. I switched up my loadout to my old favorite and we spent time either killing each other in Team Adam Grab (a legit match) or in CW which we saved each others rears. All in all this has been a very good weekend.
    Those good sir, were awesome matches.. It was great to play team adam grab, honestly I can't even remember in the slightest the last time that I had, and those games were extremely fun even when I wasn't winning lol. We worked really well as a team during CW and I do watch out and save my teammates anytime I can and it was nice to have someone who did the same when they seen the opening and were there, so thank you Did we rack up some kills or what?! ^-^

I also want to say that it's been a great pleasure playing with all of you (even the people who hunt for my head who add that extra bit of challenge to a match) and I'm glad to be seeing less drama between players lately (or maybe that's just me?) I think with the number of splicers seemingly dwindling day by day, that it's important to throw aside differences from the past and I personally am willing to do so. I mostly say that because it has come to my attention (as of last night) that rather than dropping an episode that happened mooonths ago, a certain player is still going on about how they insulted me as if it's something worth being proud of, or makes them anything but a keyboard warrior To those of you with more integrity than that, thanks for making Rapture a "hospitable" place

Had fun playing with the gf and an old friend today! ^_^* ~ and the practice too o.o remained undefeated even with laaaaag.

Cant wait for a b*ner to join soon <3

I just booted up to play, but my connection is too bad to even play a sloppy round. I'm 99% sure it is the router.

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    I just booted up to play, but my connection is too bad to even play a sloppy round. I'm 99% sure it is the router.
    Is there a reason you don't won't to replace it? The Netgear N750 I just bought was inexpensive ($130ish) and is smokin' fast and easy to set up. The whole process took about 5 minutes for the desktop, two laptops and my PS3. I'll be honest, after getting cable and this router, it's almost like playing a different game. Well, more like finally being able to switch out of 1st gear when everyone else is running in 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by TxBuckeye View Post
    Is there a reason you don't won't to replace it? The Netgear N750 I just bought was inexpensive ($130ish) and is smokin' fast and easy to set up. The whole process took about 5 minutes for the desktop, two laptops and my PS3. I'll be honest, after getting cable and this router, it's almost like playing a different game. Well, more like finally being able to switch out of 1st gear when everyone else is running in 4th.
    Too cheap/not sure what to get. I am going to see if comcast will replace it for me since I am essentially renting it from them.

Nade spam, nade spam, nade, nade, nade spam. Yep, I've been using the GL again in a major way. I racked up an insane amount of kills in CTS last night with it. Had several good matches and I know I've pissed a few people off. Got hunted down again and at least no T-bags. The only issue I had was I was the big daddy (in one match) and PSN dropped me out of that match. Stupid PSN.

The funny thing was that by the end of the match in which I was the big daddy, only 3 people were playing. One guy left, dropped back in, killed me and left again. One of the most "HuH" moments I had was when the same person kept dying from my geyser bolts.

Nade spam, nade spam, nade, nade, nade spam. Yep, I've been using the GL again in a major way. I racked up an insane amount of kills in CTS last night with it. Had several good matches and I know I've pissed a few people off. Got hunted down again and at least no T-bags. The only issue I had was I was the big daddy (in one match) and PSN dropped me out of that match. Stupid PSN.

The funny thing was that by the end of the match in which I was the big daddy, only 3 people were playing. One guy left, dropped back in, killed me and left again. One of the most "HuH" moments I had was when the same person kept dying from my geyser bolts.
    Yeah it was your connection (you were host). It was 2 on 2, but then I dropped, then you dropped about a minute later.

Too cheap/not sure what to get. I am going to see if comcast will replace it for me since I am essentially renting it from them.
    If they don't replace it for you and you need another one on a budget, this is a good, cheap one.

That's likely your issue. I wouldn't use a cable provider's router. They tend to use crap routers, and after your initial setup, any router you get from them is going to be a refurb. To be perfectly honest, I would never use the cable provider's router unless I had absolutely no choice.

Nade spam, nade spam, nade, nade, nade spam. Yep, I've been using the GL again in a major way. I racked up an insane amount of kills in CTS last night with it.
    Not picking on you Xen, but you just described why CTS is my least favorite mode. The GL is used to much as it is. In CTS, it's used by an insane amount of players. I just loath an entire team standing around spamming nades all over the place. And in CTS, that is commonplace.

I take no offense any more. I know people dislike my use of the nade lawnchair. That's why I use it for cts most of the time. If I'm going sotf or any other mode I will run my cb-rof loadout most of the time. Not always but meh, to each their own. I honestly hate the whole team nade use. It really damps my play style. I will rarely enter cts any more. Mostly on invites or a two person team. Most of the time I'm looking for Adam Grab and Team Adam Grab matches. I'm find few but they are more enjoyable to me. It's never the same people.

Most of the time I'm looking for Adam Grab and Team Adam Grab matches. I'm find few but they are more enjoyable to me. It's never the same people.
    I don't think I've ever seen a TAG match. People actually play that still? Don't know that I've ever even seen a 2nd person in the lobby when I've tried it!

Totes agree w/ you on the NG.I only use it w/ Houdini and big game hunter when trying to neutralize the big daddy in CTS.

Had plenty good games today, mainly SOTF. Nothing to complain out... The best gaming day I had in a while.

But my vent for today... In the midst of playing, I got cut off of PSN abruptly. Don't know what happened, but its not letting me sign in atm ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladia View Post
    Had plenty good games today, mainly SOTF. Nothing to complain out... The best gaming day I had in a while.

But my vent for today... In the midst of playing, I got cut off of PSN abruptly. Don't know what happened, but its not letting me sign in atm ._.
    Was wondering why you left hun

//

i killed a lot of BD's today!!

Quit with the petty ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺. If you have an issue with someone, don't go after their friends. That makes you look like the chump that you are.

kthxbai

Wow, here's the opposite of a rant. Check this video out, and pay attention to WMD. An excellent player, and a classy dude. I thought what he did, including the PM at the end, was way cool. Why can't there be more players like this out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanEy...feature=relmfu

Fast forward to the 5 minute mark if you don't want to sit through the whole thing. You'll see what I'm talking about from about the 5:30 mark on. The PM is at the 10:35 mark.

p.s. He had dominated the previous match with these guys also. He seems to have a knack for AG.

Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast