Thread: Steam's 35 Million Users' Info Hacked

Steam's 35 Million Users' Info Hacked

So it seems that our credit card information has been leaked ....

Raed about it...

What to say ? Thank You so much 2K !
    I really hope that after this, we get rid of forced use of systems like Steam.

I've got a simple thing to say, not 35 million people got hacked... ._.

Only FORUM accounts which are different from Steam accounts had problems there, Valve is indeed worried about the security of the Steam accounts but so far it seems like only the forums were affected at all, so only if your username and PW are the same for both, you should be worried, if not, well, just delete your payment info, as far as I can tell that one is stored in your computer anyways.

And Steam is merely a store, if a store gets robbed, I wouldn't stop buying from there.

Don't think of Steam as a pain in the ass, think about it as rather the less painful way to do Digital Gaming.

"Steam's 35 Million Users' Info Hacked" that is by far one of the most misinformed lines I've got the chance to read this year...

Really ?

Valve said, "Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums.

the full statement is here.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011.../steam-hacked/

We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.
    While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login.
    We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts
    of course it was bad, there's nothing good about a database being compromised but it's not the same as....

Steam's 35 Million Users' Info Hacked
    So it seems that our credit card information has been leaked ....