Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On the horizon: Pitboss and DLL Source

Lol, in another thread a guy said that the releasing of DLL was a "false promise", while some guys said that the DLL was never promised to be released.

Now we are at the thread that proves them wrong and they are here again still trying to defend the company with false arguments.

Every time someone asks "hey 2K/Fireaxis, what about that promise that you made?" the same bunch of people enters the thread talking about everything Fireaxis has done so far.

But we don't need to be reminded about what has been done, no one is questioning the importance of what has been done so far. We are asking about things that were PROMISED and were not yet DELIVERED.

That the company is working to make more money for herself we all know, it's ridiculously obvious, you are not clever just cos you are pointing that out. We are asking about what the company is doing to deliver the things she promised for the money we already paid. It's a big difference, try to realise that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jacypr View Post
    Lol, in another thread a guy said that the releasing of DLL was a "false promise", while some guys said that the DLL was never promised to be released.

Now we are at the thread that proves them wrong and they are here again still trying to defend the company with false arguments.

Every time someone asks "hey 2K/Fireaxis, what about that promise that you made?" the same bunch of people enters the thread talking about everything Fireaxis has done so far.

But we don't need to be reminded about what has been done, no one is questioning the importance of what has been done so far. We are asking about things that were PROMISED and were not yet DELIVERED.

That the company is working to make more money for herself we all know, it's ridiculously obvious, you are not clever just cos you are pointing that out. We are asking about what the company is doing to deliver the things she promised for the money we already paid. It's a big difference, try to realise that.
    Yeah the problem comes when people, while asking these questions, make wildly negative, ignorant or inaccurate comments about the nature of 2K, Firaxis, game development in general, etc.

If it was just "Hey Firaxis, where is pitboss?", I imagine the reaction to that question from other forum goers would be much more positive.

I agree sometimes these posts are filled with unnecessary bitterness and are a bit out of touch with reality, but imho it's ok to let some frustration get out if that's how you feel. It's customer feedback after all (I guess).

About pitboss, there have been polite posts, angry posts, private messages, requests for details, specific questions asked in the question thread, wild rants, none have been dignified with an answer.

They're not going to give an ETA until they are confident about it. I can see why they would be reluctant to say "still working on it", because that would generate a whole new torrent of abuse along the lines of "why is it taking so long".

On the other hand, if it had become a definite "no", they're going to get abuse whenever they do it, so there's less reason to wait.

Nobody asked for an ETA (even if it would be more than reasonable at this point) , just a status update.
    If it's canceled have the balls to admit it and let's be done with that.

This is turning out to be quite a horizon.

"On the horizon: Pitboss and DLL Source"

--- The fact that the features might not come to fruition isn't as big a disappointment as the glaring silence from 2K. In all possible circumstances I would imagine it to be fairly simple to post a small statusupdate. If it's a case of no news on the subject, then I would suggest posting just that.

It's pretty bad that pitboss hasn't seen the light of day yet.

It's borderline unforgivable that they are just ignoring the whole fiasco though. Serious Ostrich Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    This is turning out to be quite a horizon.
    Perhaps it's an "event horizon" ... certainly nothing seems able to escape from it

Well... to the community, I'd say that 2K has, until now, been terrible at communicating with any of its patches. Usually, announcements or patch notes go up on the same day, or even the next day, of a patch. I'm not surprised at the terribad communication we're seeing.

That having been said, to any 2K employees who see this: yeah, if the pitboss and DLL never come out? You can expect this to be the last time I'll ever buy one of your products on the promise that you'll add a feature later. I'm probably not alone in that sentiment.

To be fair, with upcoming launches, I'm sure that community staff are very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    To be fair, with upcoming launches, I'm sure that community staff are very busy.
    Yeah Borderlands 2 next week

Stop making excuses for them. If they don't post here is because they have nothing to say, not because they're busy.

I'm just trying to bring a little balance and treat the human employees of the company fairly. I don't think that warrants abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by VicRatlhead51 View Post
    Yeah Borderlands 2 next week
    Then XCOM:EU 3 weeks later (I think I counted right).

*bounces around with XCOM-ness*

another thread

Confused. The last post on this thread is 26/01/2012?!?!

ignore this having mental breakdown!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lietkynes View Post
    Stop making excuses for them. If they don't post here is because they have nothing to say, not because they're busy.
    It's both. We're extraordinarily busy, with this year being one of the busiest year in 2K Games's history as far as game releases go.

Of course, when I have something new to announce or anything to update you guys with, I will come here and let you know, no matter how busy we are with other things. I hope you don't think we just sit around for 8 hours each day doing nothing

That being said, I do have some Civ-related news for you guys that I'll be posting today!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post
    That being said, I do have some Civ-related news for you guys that I'll be posting today!
    Nice cliffhanger, now I'll be checking the forum every few minutes to see what it is.

Oh come on, and just hours before I leave for three weeks. Nonetheless, great news!

So uhhh.... not meaning to be a stickler or anything, but wasn't there supposed to be some news for Civ V 'today'? Or is Greg living on Epic time settings while we all go along on standard...?

This is why I never like giving ETAs! ;P

While there are still several hours left before this day is completely over, I will most likely not post the good news until tomorrow morning. But tomorrow at the latest, I assure you!

(there's still a possibility it'll come in tonight; but don't hold your breath or anything!)

22. Yes but unfortunately your announcement though good news for many contains nothing at all for MP, let alone Pitboss or anything for the modding community.

CS

I am disappointed but not surprised. 2K fails again.
    At least the patch looks great but seriously, is Pitboss still being developed ? Yes or no ?

24. Quote Originally Posted by lietkynes View Post
    I am disappointed but not surprised. 2K fails again.
    At least the patch looks great but seriously, is Pitboss still being developed ? Yes or no ?
    Don't ever go into public relations. "2K fails again....please answer my question 2K!"

Quote Originally Posted by stethnorun View Post
    Don't ever go into public relations. "2K fails again....please answer my question 2K!"
    They are going to release this huge patch, yet you may have noticed they are at the moment unable to confirm if pitboss is still in the plans or not. I already suspected that development on pitboss is not going on and this is yet another clue. I am not here to do PR, I would like to know if the feature that was advertised before launch will be available or not. Since they can't even provide an answer to this simple question, I think it's not me who is failing at PR.

edit: also if you think that they will give an answer if we just ask nice and polite you are delusional, we did that for months to no result, Greg will post an update only when he's authorized to do so, period.

If being polite or being rude makes no difference, better to be polite.

If being polite or being rude makes no difference, better to be polite.
    Where have I been rude ? What are you talking about ?

You just said that "2K fails again." That's pretty rude. You don't get answers by insulting those who can answer your question.

This is why I never like giving ETAs! ;P

While there are still several hours left before this day is completely over, I will most likely not post the good news until tomorrow morning. But tomorrow at the latest, I assure you!

(there's still a possibility it'll come in tonight; but don't hold your breath or anything!)
    and...?
    In the newest Patch Notes there is no info about Pitboss or any MP improvements?

He never said the Civ-related news had anything to do with Pitboss or MP. He just said he had some Civ-related news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Dolphin View Post
    He never said the Civ-related news had anything to do with Pitboss or MP. He just said he had some Civ-related news for us.
    Than he was Off Topic in this thread, as all of you who try hard to change subject.
    Let's go back to Pitboss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Dolphin View Post
    but in thread about pitboss...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefliqus View Post
    but in thread about pitboss...
    answering to a post from lietkynes in this thread wanting to have news either way... Now he has: no pitboss news, no DLL news, wait for next annoucement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedemon View Post
    answering to a post from lietkynes in this thread wanting to have news either way... Now he has: no pitboss news, no DLL news, wait for next annoucement.
    ok, no problem. So I have to wait one year more for next annoucement?

Quote Originally Posted by Gedemon View Post
    Nothing changed about pitboss. 2K made an announcement about a SP patch, good for SP players, but they didn't say a word about Pitboss so we still wait for an update from them. And when I say an update I don't even mean an ETA, just a confirmation that it's still in the plans, since the last time 2K said something it was in this very thread almost 1 year ago and then total silence. It doesn't take a genius to understand that tbh.

ok, no problem. So I have to wait one year more for next annoucement?
    I hope not, we are in the same boat, all waiting for the DLL and for MP improvements...

Quote Originally Posted by lietkynes View Post
    Nothing changed about pitboss. 2K made an announcement about a SP patch, good for SP players, but they didn't say a word about Pitboss so we still wait for an update from them. And when I say an update I don't even mean an ETA, just a confirmation that it's still in the plans, since the last time 2K said something it was in this very thread almost 1 year ago and then total silence. It doesn't take a genius to understand that tbh.
    You said it yourself: nothing changed about pitboss

This answer is even worse than silence. They just laugh at us: "Hehe You have bought the game without all function and still wait for it! Hehe. Just wait one year more. Hehehe. Good luck. Haha. No pitboss folks. Hahaha"

I read here:

...a couple more things that are on the horizon: Pitboss and the DLL source code. These things... are still many months from being ready for prime time... we have a team actively working on these two things... these will be free updates for everyone. As always, as soon as I have more detailed information about either of these Iíll bring it to you.
    This answer is even worse than silence. They just laugh at us: "Hehe You have bought the game without all function and still wait for it! Hehe. Just wait one year more. Hehehe. Good luck. Haha. No pitboss folks. Hahaha"
    If you think he just said 'No pitboss folks' you read it wrong and you're being paranoid.

Ok then, I will be silent for 6 months then I will start harassing you again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast