Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King O The Queens

King O The Queens

Met up with Mawpawk on-line, and with neither of us owning a title to play for we made up yet another.

Best of 3, Mawpawk takes the first title 2-1.

First I used the Egyptians against his Russians. He took me out with a horsearmy in 2900bc.

Next was my Spanish (had to try and stay in it) vs his Egyptians. A couple of false starts, but eventually under way. He got Colosuss. That had me fretting a bit, but then I got 7 cities and SoC, only fair. Vet Fleet and legions for the win.

Next was my English against his Spanish, A long drawn out game (by me), but the reality was he was never in danger, he was hitting Industrialization when I just got to knights.

I'll try and upload the games. Cheers 'Pawk - gg's.

Game 1 - Egypt v Russia
    Game 2 - Spain v Egypt
    Last edited by JackHall2003; 01-23-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Ha ha... just got it. That's a good one.

dhizel forgot 2 post on this ! yes a funky new king title as the old 1z r hard 2 come by...! quite a nice set of games using the ladies i figure, ggs jack cheers for the challenge

I wouldn't mind giving you a run at this some time Pawk.

Can you also use the English instead of one of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by glenneyre View Post
    I wouldn't mind giving you a run at this some time Pawk.

Can you also use the English instead of one of the others?
    I'm sure you can, because in fact the other two weren't queens...

yea anytime...

lil match up against liam

once again i quite like these four matchups as spain and england are heavy loaded making them a power comeback civ whereas the other 2 r kinda opposite.

my egypt vs england wins.

was a bit worried in this game as we were both over 20techs but my cat and knight attack was more succesfull than liams earlier cat rush..tsk tsk no archer support!

my russia vs egypt.

we both grab an a.i cap but after my slow non vet HA meets liams AA defence i quit as i had like 8 gold and liam had that golden temple thing which gives ya a million rupees

spain vs spain

i won this 1 with a little hail mary legions of death manourve 2 take angor pyrimads madrid from liam thus giving me fundy and taking out athens for the domination game, lots happened in this 1 but it was 2 late in the morning 4 me 2 remember ! didnt see morte either. great games liam and im definitely happy 2 battle anytime, waaay better than ranked!

1 game vs its denieds english,my spanish had maintainable lead for most of the game even when itz GS'd steel i felt comfortable about having the money and resources 2 win non dom, kinda of a 1 sided game hopefully the next 1 will be more even, sry i couldnt play the 2nd one as the kids were being eggs

defended twice against itz denied, and have 1 win against liam(spain vs spain) 2 b continued ...

That was the first time I've ever missed a button race because they celebrated love the queen day in Madrid!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Sutty View Post
    That was the first time I've ever missed a button race because they celebrated love the queen day in Madrid!! ;-)
    It's really adequate to happen in this title...

Ha ha good point SVPM I didn't even realise!! ;-)

my spain vs forums egyptians
    spain vs forums egyptians(colossus)

i took this win as the game froze but my city count was about 9 2 forums 4? but the key was shutting down colossus thebes which idid with 3 galleons,archer militias leaving only 1 open trade square for him 2 use, and as we were both in republic i really couldnt see anyway he could have made a comeback as my mainland was huge compared 2 his little pennisula.

my russians vs spaini took a couple of caps but that took a long time and i can only presume forum had whale as he out expanded me and sent knights in which i did manage 2 kill but my empire was open for any attack 2 behead moi,forum wins

english vs english

we both grab a dye spot and horse rush but keep our distances from each other, i take moscow at 3 pop and set up defences ,but the real winner maybe was me finding angor 4 the greatwall, also popping col and currency first so my expansion was in a better shape than his, we both net a GE but my galleon fleet in modern started reeking havoc, and an even 6vs6 2 take his eitc city sealed the deal. ggs yor a cunning opponent.

next!

Quote Originally Posted by Mawpawk View Post
    next!
    I'll take you on Pawk. I should be on all weekend.

my spain vs forums egyptians
    spain vs forums egyptians(colossus)

i took this win as the game froze but my city count was about 9 2 forums 4? but the key was shutting down colossus thebes which idid with 3 galleons,archer militias leaving only 1 open trade square for him 2 use, and as we were both in republic i really couldnt see anyway he could have made a comeback as my mainland was huge compared 2 his little pennisula.

my russians vs spaini took a couple of caps but that took a long time and i can only presume forum had whale as he out expanded me and sent knights in which i did manage 2 kill but my empire was open for any attack 2 behead moi,forum wins

english vs english

we both grab a dye spot and horse rush but keep our distances from each other, i take moscow at 3 pop and set up defences ,but the real winner maybe was me finding angor 4 the greatwall, also popping col and currency first so my expansion was in a better shape than his, we both net a GE but my galleon fleet in modern started reeking havoc, and an even 6vs6 2 take his eitc city sealed the deal. ggs yor a cunning opponent.

next!
    Think I've only lost 3-4 games with Collosus before today, but had to come. Walked the wrong way and had to settle on the worst spot ever. lots of desert an inlands the other way...
    Worse was the first game that I was kicked out of. Took out Mongols and found KT early. Could have been hot for you.

Great wall was a pain in the ass 4 me in the England vs England game:-) Had some nice cities there and if I could hold the EITC city it could have been an epic game.

Ur a better player then me, but will get u next time(I hope).

We are 1-1 in this Mawpawk.

what civs did we use? youl have 2 refresh my ,e,ory as iv played a whole lot lately

title defence vs preyform

my spanish galleon drop both his cities for the win

my egyptians(stonehenge)vs spain

looked like the game was in the bag after i took the americans out and GBd colossus but preyform made a gd comeback that resulted in a long game ending when i GSd combustion.phew

title defence vs scottie

aztec vs aztec we settle close and both get galleys from our first barb but mine sunk and scottie wins

arabs vs arabs i believe i get more gold and soc ,but it was a lone double moving injured warrior that take his cap

spain vs spain i grab 7cog and map advantage 2 defend this coverted title again. roll on champions bracket.....

title defence vs liam

final match i win after a long had battleship cruiser 2hr game. shivers

It was an absolutely epic game. Losing battleships to cruisers at the end though was the final straw after lots of early bad battle luck most notably the one where you took eic madrid back by defending a pike 27 to 14.5 and getting the gg. It was my stonehenge egypt versus his spain. Good to have lots and lots of battles though.

you gota undestand i was spain tho right ? so yo BS fleet vs cusiers isnt much more than 1.5 vs 1, besides that i had more hammers and 2 extra BS fleets en route, yes a hard fought game indeed cheerz liam!

tittle defence vs grizzley

spain vs england altough grzz walked in on stonhenge egypt just before me he had a ☺☺☺☺ part of the map whereas i got all the sweet stuff the knight rush may have worked if you had dropped them behind madrid ,but didnt

england vs egypt colossus grizz got greatwall and 7cog not much i could do.so he wins

russia vs spain i thought it was over when grizz walked in on colossus thebes, but i got tripoli and 7cog plus map ownership 2 take the win

cheerz grizz ya had me worried

Well Maw....U know the title is not urs to keep? I have 1-0 against u and still have Egypt left. Will take the title this weekend, wrap it up and put in under my bed for a while:-) Gonna be nice.

well hopefully i havent lost it by then!

U only loose to me- the real king of queens!!!!! haha

i like the build up ma man letz see that action speak louder than the words youl probly win as iv only defended 8 or 9 times thats around 20-25 matches....pffft i should give up now...mwahahah sum1 crush my queens ego!

scottie crushed my queens ego

And now its mine.....mwuhahaha....his hanging gardens lost to my colossus......then my english beat his spanish...he took out rome which is an awesome combination but I got all the gold so I took a nice domination victory at 1400bc

9 in a row wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleyTigers4 View Post
    And now its mine.....mwuhahaha....
    Congrats, another new Knig.

got this title back from grizz, hey you even polished it

my spain wins vs stonhenge? egypt

english mirror
    not sure how i managed to get win

got this title back from grizz, hey you even polished it

my spain wins vs stonhenge? egypt

english mirror
    not sure how i managed to get win

I see u hjave my title now. Can I get a shot at it? I'm even up 1-0 if that still counts?

As the original challenger for this, I feel somewhat justified in now actually owning it

Beat 'Pawk 2-1

My egypt vs his Spanish - The Zulu won it for me
    My English lost to his Russians
    My Russians beat his English

Will write in more detail when I got more time.

Quote Originally Posted by forum View Post
    I see u hjave my title now. Can I get a shot at it? I'm even up 1-0 if that still counts?
    it dosent count now friend.

and ...bugga ya jack! gd game that last 1 im impressed, but you gota see how futile my start was right?...gd ☺☺☺☺ none tha less!

Ok, throwing this open for any two to play for.

My gaming time is limited at the moment and i'll be exclusively looking to close out my group 6 and cup games when I do get on.

hey jack - we have a few titles going around i think you can hold it for a bit. Even if that means a week or two. you'll still be one of the best title holders ever

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieX View Post
    hey jack - we have a few titles going around i think you can hold it for a bit. Even if that means a week or two. you'll still be one of the best title holders ever
    I just lost 2 contentions for middle and lower middle tier king! Whenever you can accept a challenge I want to be the first I don't think we will get the FFA king title to go for a long time so I want to hold something lol.

I will challenge anyone to this match. Jack marked this one vacant in the competition t hreading

I dont know why its vacant....Jack is the current king and he gets on every weekend......but if yall want to put a rush on this I will take that challenge.........

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleyTigers4 View Post
    I dont know why its vacant....Jack is the current king and he gets on every weekend......but if yall want to put a rush on this I will take that challenge.........
    So you want to lift the cease fire huh. I will slap you in the face and take that title and have to add one more name to my ever growing titles.

sincerely supreme overlord tyrant
    Last edited by Digitalpackrat; 04-20-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast