Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: X-COM Information Summarized- READ ME FIRST!

Soldier customization [13,14]
    - Country
    Is there will be Ukraine? ^_^
    Also, i seen country flags on soldier's backs in trailer. Is this will be in game?

+ any info about localization?

I recall someone posting around 16 confirmed flags, don't think I saw Ukraine amongst them. Hopefully they either add all countries or let us mod it. (All PT-strike force for me, our special forces are some of the best available in NATO as well as the GOE)

I mean like this:

Well, about 16 it is a bit different piece of game. Its 16 governments and i asking about soldier customization country. Where soldier was born in other words and i hope it will be far more options then 16

I saw a video today where Jake said 25 nations.

And it seemed like all the nations that soldiers could be flagged to were also the funding nations.

all countries belonging to the funding council of nations naturally would have a flag. the original xcom has 16 funding nations.

So 25 or 16? Is there any list?

Any news of a demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor_25 View Post
    Any news of a demo?
    Nothing about a demo yet - including whether there will be a demo or not.

If it happens, I'd expect it much closer to release like September.
    If/when it happens and you're checking the forum once a week odds are you'll see a thread or three about it on the front page.

heniv,

AFAIK, this is new information. I haven't seen these details about the memorial wall before:

This is why the game has a memorial wall in the bar in the barracks of your home base. You enter the bar, and at first the plaques are grayed out. But as your soldiers die, these plaques are filled in with a picture, and text listing the deceased's name, their number of kills, the name and location of the operation where they died, and the date of that operation. Funeral bagpipes play as you pause at the memorial.

from http://kotaku.com/5916627/rememberin...-enemy-unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinn View Post
    heniv,

AFAIK, this is new information. I haven't seen these details about the memorial wall before:
    Thnx Finn, I have seen it. Though I did just consider it an aesthetic detail of the barracks facility.

Hello, just to ask. Mod support for PC version will be available or? Sorry bout my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Krebi View Post
    Hello, just to ask. Mod support for PC version will be available or? Sorry bout my English.
    No information yet about modding.

It's Firaxis though so I expect if it's not there at release we will still see it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Support
    - Ability: Smoke Grenade [14]
    Wait what????
    The smoke grenade isn't a purchase it's a CallOfDuty like ability???

Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    Wait what????
    The smoke grenade isn't a purchase it's a CallOfDuty like ability???
    See, I hate this because it boils down to semantics.

The smoke grenade provides cover, and in some cases stat-boosting capabilities, it's also only useable by the support class. So, you can't have six guys spamming them. If they're like regular grenades you have to at least equip them to a support guy so the choice between a medkit, a scope, or a battle scanner. I'm sure they have only so many throws to this "equipped ability" so it's all about how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkidu View Post
    See, I hate this because it boils down to semantics.

it's also only useable by the support class. So, you can't have six guys spamming them.
    Typical gamer of today...
    Spamming smokes, omg, you never played a xcom game right?
    Ehm you know you can choose the class of your soldiers? so you can have six guys spamming them?!
    " you can customize your squad layout, meaning you can mix and match classes to suit your style of play or the demands of the level. Want three Snipers and a Support class? Go for it. Four Assault soldiers? That's fine, too. Your squad, your call."

Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    Typical gamer of today...
    Spamming smokes, omg, you never played a xcom game right?
    Ehm you know you can choose the class of your soldiers? so you can have six guys spamming them?!
    " you can customize your squad layout, meaning you can mix and match classes to suit your style of play or the demands of the level. Want three Snipers and a Support class? Go for it. Four Assault soldiers? That's fine, too. Your squad, your call."
    You don't choose your soldiers' classes though. When they rank up from Rookie to Squadie they're assigned a class.

But yes, if you want to run nothing but 4 (or 6) assault soldiers you CAN do that. If you want to run a single assault/scout with 3 or 5 snipers you CAN.

If running with 1 assault, 1 heavy and 2 snipers is your usual setup but your heavy gets hurt and you don't have a backup heavy then it means you'll have to try a setup that's outside your optimal.

To me this all adds to the replayability and variety of the game.

Difficulty settings [E]
    - Easy
    - Normal
    - Hard
    - "Classic"
    - Impossible (how long will you last -mode) [37]
    I've only just heard about that last one. Sounds like an interesting spin on things!

Weird my PC only shows 2 Difficulty settings :/

Even in ur quote i see this:

-
    -
    -
    - "Classic"
    - Impossible

Everwhere i look for difficulties i only see these two, could be me tho and not my pc

You don't choose your soldiers' classes though. When they rank up from Rookie to Squadie they're assigned a class.

But yes, if you want to run nothing but 4 (or 6) assault soldiers you CAN do that. If you want to run a single assault/scout with 3 or 5 snipers you CAN.

If running with 1 assault, 1 heavy and 2 snipers is your usual setup but your heavy gets hurt and you don't have a backup heavy then it means you'll have to try a setup that's outside your optimal.

To me this all adds to the replayability and variety of the game.
    I thought at level 2 your soldier had to choose from 2 classes, sure I read this somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lnicholls View Post
    I thought at level 2 your soldier had to choose from 2 classes, sure I read this somewhere.
    It's not 2 classes but choosing between 2 skill trees for that class. For example (skill tree names are 100% made up):

SNIPER
    Skill Tree 1: Blasty McShootsFar (Use sniper rifle to kill aliens from afar)
    Skill Tree 2: Bushwack McStabsYou (Short range bush ninja with pistols who's great at ambushing)

Do we get to see all the skills within a tree, before selecting it?

Heniv - please add to the confirmed information that helmet toggling on armor sets is **IN** !!

If you pre-order

I think it is in regardless. The color customization is the preorder bonus.

I would guess that it is an option on the "head dress/hairstyle" on soldier customization. It would be one of the "haircuts" you can choose. ex) brown hair -> black hair -> helment

Quote Originally Posted by Schuesseled View Post
    Do we get to see all the skills within a tree, before selecting it?
    Not sure, but from the one picture I saw of the 'pick perk' screen it did appear all 7 levels and 14 perks were visible.

Not sure, but from the one picture I saw of the 'pick perk' screen it did appear all 7 levels and 14 perks were visible.
    Yes, however that soldier was at max rank (Colonel). Perks may still be hidden until that rank is reached.
    http://i.imgur.com/xhjSN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heniv View Post
    Yes, however that soldier was at max rank (Colonel). Perks may still be hidden until that rank is reached.
    Thanks heniv, I knew you or someone would find it.

That picture actually raises a few questions based on:

-One box is hidden by the inset of Pete Murray. The box directly under it is a question mark.
    -The ranks definitely indicate it goes from left to right.
    -There's a bright line running from the yellow symbol on the left to the top perk in the 2nd column.

Do you know he's max rank? If so, please explain..

My impression/explanation of the pic is that it shows him levelling to his second sniper perk
    -The cursor is currently looking at the 7th level top perk - Double Tap.
    -The question mark represents the perk he DIDN'T pick at first level (though the ? could be a perk symbol in itself).
    -The bright line and highlighted perk (half hidden by the inset) represents the current 'pick' for his level up.

I'll admit it's impression only. If he's 7th level, the pic makes sense except I can't explain the highlighted line/perk.

Do you know he's max rank? If so, please explain..
    From the 2K Pax Demo footage with Pete, soldier is used in mission and have Colonel rank.

My impression/explanation of the pic is that it shows him levelling to his second sniper perk
    -The cursor is currently looking at the 7th level top perk - Double Tap.
    -The question mark represents the perk he DIDN'T pick at first level (though the ? could be a perk symbol in itself).
    -The bright line and highlighted perk (half hidden by the inset) represents the current 'pick' for his level up.

I'll admit it's impression only. If he's 7th level, the pic makes sense except I can't explain the highlighted line/perk.
    - Blue center line indicates his only chosen perk so far, Damn Good Ground.
    - The '?' sign has been used as a art-filler before when they don't seem to have an icon already.
    - 1th level perk (half hidden & highlighted) seem to be a locked perk, perhaps the Sniper Rifle skill. Or not finalized.
    - 6th level perk is a fixed perk (unlikely). Or the Sniper perk tree is just not finalized in this demo.

From the 2K Pax Demo footage with Pete, soldier is used in mission and have Colonel rank.
    Ahh... thanks. I missed that bit of info.

- Blue center line indicates his only chosen perk so far, Damn Good Ground.
    - The '?' sign has been used as a art-filler before when they don't seem to have an icon already.
    - 1th level perk (half hidden & highlighted) seem to be a locked perk, perhaps the Sniper Rifle skill. Or not finalized.
    - 6th level perk is a fixed perk (unlikely). Or the Sniper perk tree is just not finalized in this demo.
    Fair enough. It still seems a bit weird. Like only having his 2nd level skill picked when he's levelling from 6th to 7th.

I guess with it being just a demo screen...

what video is that pic from?

edit: nvm, I found it
    Last edited by H0RSE; 07-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.

heniv, did you know you got mentioned on an "international" level ...

http://videogamecove.blogspot.de/

Somebody get this man a medal!

Quote Originally Posted by Roladin View Post
    heniv, did you know you got mentioned on an "international" level ...

http://videogamecove.blogspot.de/

Somebody get this man a medal!
    Yay I'm famous. =) Soon the elerium will start roiling in and I'm set for life.

Heniv there's some new info out there for you at the following thread:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/30/ex...enemy-unknown/

Specifically stuff about consumables for aircraft, the firestorm being confirmed, and a new aircraft weapon called the EMP cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_BLT View Post
    Heniv there's some new info out there for you at the following thread:

Specifically stuff about consumables for aircraft, the firestorm being confirmed, and a new aircraft weapon called the EMP cannon.
    Great update, We can also see some craft "abilities" in interception mode, and 4 (2 really) new research projects.

Joystiq.com telephone interview update.
    41. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/30/ex...enemy-unknown/

Crafts
    • Firestorm [41]
    • Weapons [M]
      - EMP Cannon (less destructive, more loot) [41]
      - "Consumable" items (defence, imp. hit%) [41]
    • Abilities/Stances [41]
      - Abort
      - Track
      - Aim
      - Dodge

Research
    • Projects
      - Alien Materials [41]
      Hints at body armour improvement.
      - Experimental Warfare [41]
      - Sectoid Autopsy [41]
      - Thin Man Autopsy [41]

Hey Heniv, I would love to have all the information all compiled together into one page so I can show our viewers all this information, so they can see how awesome X-Com is going to be!

Not sure if this is a new add but...

X-COM's Firestorm returns (the story includes a picture of the new design)

and this is an interesting coment:

"The rocket launcher can get pretty crazy late-game, if you know what I'm saying." He knows I'm a fan of the series, and I do know what he's saying. I ask if he's talking about remote-controlled rockets, a reference to the Blaster Launcher, a ridiculously powerful weapon from the original X-COM. Even over the phone, I can tell he's smiling. "I'm just saying it can get crazy. That's all I'm saying."

Has there been any indication that we may have to build extra barracks for more personnel? Also, has there been any clues as to what the cap size for hired soldiers is going to be? I understand that the mission cap is 4-6, just trying to determine how many you can have in reserve for predicted death rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Cross View Post
    Not sure if this is a new add but...

X-COM's Firestorm returns (the story includes a picture of the new design)

and this is an interesting coment:

"The rocket launcher can get pretty crazy late-game, if you know what I'm saying." He knows I'm a fan of the series, and I do know what he's saying. I ask if he's talking about remote-controlled rockets, a reference to the Blaster Launcher, a ridiculously powerful weapon from the original X-COM. Even over the phone, I can tell he's smiling. "I'm just saying it can get crazy. That's all I'm saying."
    Yeah the Firestorm looks very sleek and futuristic, I can't wait to see if the Lightning and Avenger will make a return as well, or maybe some brand new ships entirely.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast