Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: which campaign was better

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    13

    which campaign was better

    in your opinion.which campaign was better. bioshock 1 story, bishock 2 story, or minerva's den?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    213
    1 was the best, 2 and Minerva's Den are equally very good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    O frabjous day, caloo, calay!
    Posts
    2,749
    BioShock's story was definitely the best, but BioShock 2 comes in close second. And I actually haven't played Minerva's Den.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Nothing before or since can compare to Bioshock's story. Bioshock 2 and Minerva's den where both admirable but like I said nothing comes close to the first one.

  5. #5
    that's a hard one for me mainly because both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 really got me imeresed in the story line. Bioshock's twist story-line still amazes me to this day and has never been surpassed by any type of movie or other game. Bioshock 2's story-line still tugs at my heart strings I thought both of them had positive story telling even if certain parts weren't exactly top notch. I will however give the gold to Bioshock, it had it's problems but the whole twist and delivery of everything was so amazing that I still have Bioshock to this day and still play it from time to time. Manerva's Den was interesting but it lacked What Bioshock and Bioshock 2 had. I just felt insignificant in Manerva's Den for some reason. Not that it's not good it just didn't hit me where I live is all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Yeah, BS 1 was best, BS2 was amazing as well but I felt sad playing it, because it took place soo much later, and the city changed alot, but still it was beautiful and great. And for Minervas Den, dont even get me started, IT WAS AMAZING!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wherever my imagination takes me.
    Posts
    1,507
    Bioshock 1 was superb in every single category besides graphics. Bioshock 2 was too....Run n' Gunn-y. Bioshock should be a slower, thought filled game. When it's a Run n' Gun, it feels like it's too focused on combat and the mass Hordes of enemies will keep you going fast and not stopping to explore, basically rushing through the game. Bioshock 1 didn't have ten Splicers ambush you every ten steps, giving you time to explore and enjoy the story.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    863
    I think BioShock is a pretty cool guy. Eh protects his Little Daughters and doesnt afraid of anything

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Tivilon View Post
    I think BioShock is a pretty cool guy. Eh protects his Little Daughters and doesnt afraid of anything
    Lol, you obviously didnt play the game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    261
    The first game has a far superior storyline than the second. The second game has better combat interface (plasmids and weapons armed simultaneously) but the plasmids are way overpowered. By the time you get Natural Camo, Fountain of Youth and Decoy 3, the game is over. Throw out your decoy while you're standing still in water and do nothing but watch splicers die attacking "Spooky Daddy."
    Love the storyline in the first game. I'm replaying it on PC right now...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,265
    They were both good, however I have to go with the first game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12
    Both the campaigns from Bioshock 1 and 2 leave me with a sense of emptiness, in a sense that I don't want to leave the amazing story. Bioshock 1 left me with a little closure, but I still felt that I didn't want to leave.

    Bioshock's 2 campaign was driving, and the ending made me think "well, what happens now". I've had thoughts on a sequel with Eleanor due to it.

    I've not played Minerva's Den yet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    I just finished playing through all three of the again and I stand by my verdict. The only thing I would say is that although Bioshock 1's story was better Bioshock 2's ending was better. I have to say I almost cried at the ending to both Minerva's Den and Bioshock 2, partly because they are beautiful and partly because I don't want to leave Rapture. Screw Columbia you can keep it I staying in Rapture with the fishes.

  14. #14
    My hope is that after Infinite is a one-shot (seriously how can you have a prequel/sequel that WONT be called milking the theme and repetative -- 'oh it was all a dream' soap opera cliche ??? --- wow, MORE skylines and Giant mechanical pigeons !!! ) they will go back to good ole Rapture and get away from the hello-kitty potteresque purple unicorn continuum themed magic stuff.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    My hope is that after Infinite is a one-shot (seriously how can you have a prequel/sequel that WONT be called milking the theme and repetative -- 'oh it was all a dream' soap opera cliche ??? --- wow, MORE skylines and Giant mechanical pigeons !!! ) they will go back to good ole Rapture and get away from the hello-kitty potteresque purple unicorn continuum themed magic stuff.
    I didn't understand half of that. But Infinite can't be judged till it comes out. And we will never return to Rapture, the city has drowned, let it rest in peace.

  16. #16
    Who says its drowned ?? That section of Persephone was dynamited, not the whole city (which is something like 3 miles by 3 miles) and Lamb didnt necessarily control any large part of it (and we only went thru a tiny part of it in both games).

    And If they need Rapture to still exist its as simple as writing the plot to say so (after all, profits are at stake).

    The "hello-kitty potteresque purple unicorn continuum themed magic stuff." comment refers to their departure into the world of magic instead of following the sci-fi themed Bio+Shock genre


    ---------------------------------------------

    Actually since the story isnt ended yet, there is plenty of potential for 'epic' plot with Eleanor after seeing the sun decides to go back and rescue all the unfortunates still down in Rapture (fulfilling her 'savior' destiny - just not the one her mother s delusion called for). And to make that happen, by calling upon Dr Tenenbaum (who near the same time as BS2 , left to the surface to develop the Cure) to also return to set right the whole mess that her little Seaslug juice set into motion.
    (and if they want to get twisty, also bring Ryan back - plenty of reasons why he could still be alive as well).

    Tie up all the loose ends ....
    Last edited by watchman; 07-12-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Who says its drowned ?? That section of Persephone was dynamited, not the whole city (which is something like 3 miles by 3 miles) and Lamb didnt necessarily control any large part of it (and we only went thru a tiny part of it in both games).
    You saw most of Rapture was in ruins either from walking through it yourself or when you where leaving. The fact that most of the skyscrapers had fallen over implies that it's seen better days.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    And If they need Rapture to still exist its as simple as writing the plot to say so (after all, profits are at stake).
    Having such a cynical outlook when we're talking about canon isn't helpful. Yes they do make games for profit but there's nothing wrong with that. They only make it if it's high quality and has a good story. They don't just come up with a half baked idea and throw it out there. That's why there's such big gaps between the games.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    The "hello-kitty potteresque purple unicorn continuum themed magic stuff." comment refers to their departure into the world of magic instead of following the sci-fi themed Bio+Shock genre
    I don't know nor do I want to know anything about Infinite till it comes out so I can't comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Actually since the story isnt ended yet, there is plenty of potential for 'epic' plot with Eleanor after seeing the sun decides to go back and rescue all the unfortunates still down in Rapture (fulfilling her 'savior' destiny - just not the one her mother s delusion called for). And to make that happen, by calling upon Dr Tenenbaum (who near the same time as BS2 , left to the surface to develop the Cure) to also return to set right the whole mess that her little Seaslug juice set into motion.
    (and if they want to get twisty, also bring Ryan back - plenty of reasons why he could still be alive as well).

    Tie up all the loose ends ....

    There is potential for another Bioshock game playing as Eleanor but it's never going to be done. It doesn't fit the theme of Bioshock. In all of them you are a silent protagonist with no knowledge of your past exploring a mysterious city while another guides you. Playing as a talking woman who has seen the city before would be totally out of character. It just doesn't work as a Bioshock game.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    You saw most of Rapture was in ruins either from walking through it yourself or when you where leaving. The fact that most of the skyscrapers had fallen over implies that it's seen better days.
    .
    We went thru only a tiny part of Rapture in both games (and how many skyscrapres did we go thru ?? I dont think a single building we were in was over 10 stories tall -- we walked mainly thru horizontally spawling networks of buildings )

    The BS2 RR map is only a partial city map (from a mostly shutdown system) representing a slice of the city. In both games I didnt see enough residence space for more than a few hundred let alone thousands (or ~20000 as the novel claims). No food production areas etc etc.... We got to ride a narrow little corridor thru Lambs domain and nothing says she controlled more than a fraction of whats left of the city (or the people still in it).

    And many of the buildings off in the distance still have lights on showing possible occupation (or at least habitability) and most people in the decrepid city wouldnt like climbing stairs too much when the elevators inevitably stop working anyway.

  19. #19
    Having such a cynical outlook when we're talking about canon isn't helpful. Yes they do make games for profit but there's nothing wrong with that. They only make it if it's high quality and has a good story. They don't just come up with a half baked idea and throw it out there. That's why there's such big gaps between the games.
    Cynical or realistic ?? They want to make a profit and some few changes to canon that THEY have a right to modify doesnt get in the way of that.

    And the 3rd plot I outlined isnt 'half-baked' and has potential -- but its up to them to want to use it (or something like it) and only IF they see a profit in it.


    I don't know nor do I want to know anything about Infinite till it comes out so I can't comment.
    Then dont look at the trailers/reviews because in my opinion they have shown too much and alot of the surprise of the first play-thru is now gone.
    Last edited by watchman; 07-12-2012 at 05:24 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    There is potential for another Bioshock game playing as Eleanor but it's never going to be done. It doesn't fit the theme of Bioshock. In all of them you are a silent protagonist with no knowledge of your past exploring a mysterious city while another guides you. Playing as a talking woman who has seen the city before would be totally out of character. It just doesn't work as a Bioshock game.
    Never say 'Never' (especially when it wont be you or me who will decide).

    Since the players avatar in Infinite is going to be quite gabby, then you will also be one to call Infinite NOT 'bioshock' game. Ditto on 'past' (Booker knows his own). I actually dont think those are the definitions of the genre (Ive never seen System Shock) - rather it should be a sci-fi situation where some new technology (Bio) destabalizes whatever (city/world) more than normal society can handle it (Shock), and the player has to wade thru that environment.

    The new game is based on magic and things that break the laws of physics that even a steampunker would shudder at. Oh sure they will have the contrived societal/ideological friction to justify a blast-fest (its the blast-fest itself thats part of the genre).

    ----

    Who says how much of 'ruined' Rapture Eleanor actually saw (or rememebers depending on what happens mentally to a Little Sister - that little sister playhouse delusion was a very interesting element in BS2).

    Like I said, Rapture is a BIG place and plenty of room for things WE never saw before as well as her.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    We went thru only a tiny part of Rapture in both games (and how many skyscrapres did we go thru ?? I dont think a single building we were in was over 10 stories tall -- we walked mainly thru horizontally spawling networks of buildings )

    The BS2 RR map is only a partial city map (from a mostly shutdown system) representing a slice of the city. In both games I didnt see enough residence space for more than a few hundred let alone thousands (or ~20000 as the novel claims). No food production areas etc etc.... We got to ride a narrow little corridor thru Lambs domain and nothing says she controlled more than a fraction of whats left of the city (or the people still in it).

    And many of the buildings off in the distance still have lights on showing possible occupation (or at least habitability) and most people in the decrepid city wouldnt like climbing stairs too much when the elevators inevitably stop working anyway.
    My point isn't that we've seen all of Rapture, it's obvious we haven't. But Rapture was falling to pieces everyone said it. It kept going while lamb was in charge and it might keep going for a few more years but nowhere near at the capacity that it used to be. Rapture was dying when we where last there. It doesn't have much longer.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Cynical or realistic ?? They want to make a profit and some few changes to canon that THEY have a right to modify doesnt get in the way of that.
    Yes they want to make profit. But they're only going to do that through making a good game and messing with the canon won't help.


    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    And the 3rd plot I outlined isnt 'half-baked' and has potential -- but its up to them to want to use it (or something like it) and only IF they see a profit in it.
    It is up to them but changing what bioshock is about wont make them profit.



    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Then dont look at the trailers/reviews because in my opinion they have shown too much and alot of the surprise of the first play-thru is now gone.
    I'm not, I'm avoiding all knowledge of Infinite.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Never say 'Never' (especially when it wont be you or me who will decide).

    Since the players avatar in Infinite is going to be quite gabby, then you will also be one to call Infinite NOT 'bioshock' game. Ditto on 'past' (Booker knows his own). I actually dont think those are the definitions of the genre (Ive never seen System Shock) - rather it should be a sci-fi situation where some new technology (Bio) destabalizes whatever (city/world) more than normal society can handle it (Shock), and the player has to wade thru that environment.

    The new game is based on magic and things that break the laws of physics that even a steampunker would shudder at. Oh sure they will have the contrived societal/ideological friction to justify a blast-fest (its the blast-fest itself thats part of the genre).
    Like I said I can't comment on Infinite.


    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Who says how much of 'ruined' Rapture Eleanor actually saw (or rememebers depending on what happens mentally to a Little Sister - that little sister playhouse delusion was a very interesting element in BS2).

    Like I said, Rapture is a BIG place and plenty of room for things WE never saw before as well as her.
    "And so the Rapture dream was over" Eleanor Lamb, I think the inference is fairly clear, Rapture is done.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    .
    "And so the Rapture dream was over" Eleanor Lamb, I think the inference is fairly clear, Rapture is done.
    Which is her comment from her tiny view of it. Her life was more a nightmare type of dream and she thinks she escaped it.

    The 'inference' is her personal viewpoint on seeing the sun for the first time (waking up....). It is in no way literal about the status of Rapture.

    Rapture is still there, just that she has managed to escaped from it (*ominous music*, she thinks). Funny that in one 'ending' scenario she brings a big part of that nightmare (her mother) along with her.

    As I said before, the company is the one to decide if and when they will make another 'Rapture' game.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Which is her comment from her tiny view of it. Her life was more a nightmare type of dream and she thinks she escaped it.

    The 'inference' is her personal viewpoint on seeing the sun for the first time (waking up....). It is in no way literal about the status of Rapture.

    Rapture is still there, just that she has managed to escaped from it (*ominous music*, she thinks). Funny that in one 'ending' scenario she brings a big part of that nightmare (her mother) along with her.

    As I said before, the company is the one to decide if and when they will make another 'Rapture' game.
    It's a comment from the games developers. There are several signs that Rapture is finished. For instance in Bioshock 1 you look at Rapture as you descend into it, In Bioshock 2 you see it as you leave.

    As I've said yes it's up to the company but it doesn't make any sense for them to go back. The Canon points to Rapture being finished. The mystery is gone and they have a new city. Going back just doesn't fit.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    It's a comment from the games developers. There are several signs that Rapture is finished. For instance in Bioshock 1 you look at Rapture as you descend into it, In Bioshock 2 you see it as you leave.

    It is upto the player to read into it what they will. "The Rapture Dream was over"

    What would she really know of Ryans dream after being fed Sofias rubbish all her life ??? (assuming you think THATS the dream she is referring to)

    More immediately is HER own nightmare existence in Rapture (her mothers twisted part of Rapture) - she says it as she sees the sun for the first time - very symbolic.

    Rapture is still there as she leaves. She escapes (she thinks). In any case Rapture is still part of her and the future will determine if she really did escape it or if it really is 'ended'.

    As I've said yes it's up to the company but it doesn't make any sense for them to go back. The Canon points to Rapture being finished. The mystery is gone and they have a new city. Going back just doesn't fit.

    Makes PLENTY of sense if they think they can make a profit (sufficient profit) and can talk whoevere supplies them money that it can.

    You keep talking about this magic 'Canon' as if its immutable/set in stone. They can change it with no effort whatsoever if they wish. As Ive spelled out many times in this forum, there is PLENTY of plot potential with a sequel to the two Rapture games and consider your statement as mere opinion.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    It is upto the player to read into it what they will. "The Rapture Dream was over"

    What would she really know of Ryans dream after being fed Sofias rubbish all her life ??? (assuming you think THATS the dream she is referring to)

    More immediately is HER own nightmare existence in Rapture (her mothers twisted part of Rapture) - she says it as she sees the sun for the first time - very symbolic.

    Rapture is still there as she leaves. She escapes (she thinks). In any case Rapture is still part of her and the future will determine if she really did escape it or if it really is 'ended'.
    "The Rapture Dream Was Over"

    She is not talking about her experience or what she did in Rapture she talks about the concept of Rapture. Ryan or Lamb it doesn't matter. The Rapture dream was one of utopia under the sea, cut off from the rest of the world.

    Rapture is falling to pieces. You see it all over Bioshock 2. When there where a few leak in 1 whole sections are now flooded. The Buildings are collapsing and the generators are failing. Rapture is Dying, they made that very clear in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Makes PLENTY of sense if they think they can make a profit (sufficient profit) and can talk whoevere supplies them money that it can.

    You keep talking about this magic 'Canon' as if its immutable/set in stone. They can change it with no effort whatsoever if they wish. As Ive spelled out many times in this forum, there is PLENTY of plot potential with a sequel to the two Rapture games and consider your statement as mere opinion.
    I just explained why they wouldn't make profit from going back. Replying with "they would go back if they make profit" is kind of redundant.

    My statement is founded on evidence I've presented here. Your's is based on as far as I can see, nothing. Yes canon isn't set in stone but it is canon that makes a game like Bioshock. Do you think if they brought Fontaine back to life, or delta people would accept that. No they wouldn't the fan's would be outrage. You say that's not a big deal. When they changed Coles hair in Infamous 2 there was such an outcry from the fans that they changed it back.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    "The Rapture Dream Was Over"

    She is not talking about her experience or what she did in Rapture she talks about the concept of Rapture. Ryan or Lamb it doesn't matter. The Rapture dream was one of utopia under the sea, cut off from the rest of the world.

    Rapture is falling to pieces. You see it all over Bioshock 2. When there where a few leak in 1 whole sections are now flooded. The Buildings are collapsing and the generators are failing. Rapture is Dying, they made that very clear in the game.

    Yes and the world ended when it fell into the Dark Ages.... It never recovered.

    Few epic stories have NO adversity.

    The place was leaky when we got there in 1960 and it was still there in 1968. Obviously there is a flaw in your theory.
    As I said before we saw only a tiny tiny part of Rapture in BS1/BS2 and just because Lamb blew up part of Persephone it doesnt mean the whole rest of the city is now Kaputt. In the Training Grounds in BS1 we saw (out a window) a whole building leaning over -- so why is Rapture still there for us to visit 7 years later ????


    I just explained why they wouldn't make profit from going back. Replying with "they would go back if they make profit" is kind of redundant.
    Your assumption/opinion. Opinions arent fact.


    My statement is founded on evidence I've presented here. Your's is based on as far as I can see, nothing. Yes canon isn't set in stone but it is canon that makes a game like Bioshock. Do you think if they brought Fontaine back to life, or delta people would accept that. No they wouldn't the fan's would be outrage. You say that's not a big deal. When they changed Coles hair in Infamous 2 there was such an outcry from the fans that they changed it back.


    Sorry, its companies and profit that make games like Bioshock. Fact. Storylines are changeable if profit is at stake. Fact.
    "Rapture is Dead" ? Not Canon. Not Fact.

    A whole lot of fans would be VERY happy to see a third Rapture game. If the company decides that enough are willing to pay for it and they think they can do it well enough (and they can talk the money people into risking THEIR money on it) then it will likely happen.

    Eleanor would be a plausible center for the plot. Bouncing around in a Big Sister 3D way would be a good gimmick.
    Continuation of the Rapture story.... Mod system - potential Game of the Year.....

    Then we can have postings about which of the three campaigns was the best....
    Last edited by watchman; 07-18-2012 at 12:59 AM.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pain Train Station in Train Town
    Posts
    4,145
    Bioshock 1's was better than Bioshock 2's, but Minerva's Den is the best IMO.

    Also, why does just about every active thread in the Bioshock section of this forum consist mainly of Watchman and Atlas arguing?

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Bioshock 1's was better than Bioshock 2's, but Minerva's Den is the best IMO.

    Also, why does just about every active thread in the Bioshock section of this forum consist mainly of Watchman and Atlas arguing?
    Theres a few more but there really just isnt that much traffic these days in the BS sections. Maybe when the Infinite PR sequence starts back up after the 4 month delay...

    Heres an amusing thread without any argument in it :
    http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...ro-retro-retro


    Sometime Ill get around to getting Minervas DLC -- just have to get one of those disposable debit cards to load the $4 into -- you can load em with pocket change in a supermarket these days, but I keep putting it off. ((( With things like Yahoo being hacked and exposing 450000 peoples private info you have to be an idiot to use a real credit card on the internet these days. )))

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Yes and the world ended when it fell into the Dark Ages.... It never recovered.

    Few epic stories have NO adversity.
    I have no idea what relevance this has

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    The place was leaky when we got there in 1960 and it was still there in 1968. Obviously there is a flaw in your theory.
    As I said before we saw only a tiny tiny part of Rapture in BS1/BS2 and just because Lamb blew up part of Persephone it doesnt mean the whole rest of the city is now Kaputt. In the Training Grounds in BS1 we saw (out a window) a whole building leaning over -- so why is Rapture still there for us to visit 7 years later ????
    It's a lot more leaky in 19068, a lot more. A lot more of the areas are flooded and there are leaks springing everywhere not just a few places like the last game.

    There was one building over in the first one, there are lots in the second. I don't get why you're talking about Persephone I never mentioned it. I agree you only see a small part but it's a reflection of the entire city


    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Your assumption/opinion. Opinions arent fact.
    I never said they where but I stated several reason why you wouldn't get profit going back to Rapture and rather than adressing those points you just flat of disagreed. Which isn't very constructive.




    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Sorry, its companies and profit that make games like Bioshock. Fact. Storylines are changeable if profit is at stake. Fact.
    "Rapture is Dead" ? Not Canon. Not Fact.
    I realise it's not set in stone but like I've said several times Canon is incredibly important to this game. which drives the profit. of there's not a good storyline no one would buy it. They may not have said "Rapture has now collapsed and we will be making no more games there" Because they don't feel the need to point it out to you instead they leave signs.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    A whole lot of fans would be VERY happy to see a third Rapture game. If the company decides that enough are willing to pay for it and they think they can do it well enough (and they can talk the money people into risking THEIR money on it) then it will likely happen.
    Yes a lot of fans would be happy to return to Rapture. I love the place. But I realise that it's not plausible for them to make it. Going back to Rapture after Infinite doesn't make sense for the "money people" as you're then leading off in two different directions at once which is never a good idea. You want all you're fans following it one way.

    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Eleanor would be a plausible center for the plot. Bouncing around in a Big Sister 3D way would be a good gimmick.
    Continuation of the Rapture story.... Mod system - potential Game of the Year.....

    Then we can have postings about which of the three campaigns was the best....
    I don't think playing as a character whose already been in the series would work. There's too many alternate endings and they're too different for it to make sense. Also a MOD system wouldn't be that useful for the consoles, which if they're trying to make a profit they'll have to target.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Bioshock 1's was better than Bioshock 2's, but Minerva's Den is the best IMO.

    Also, why does just about every active thread in the Bioshock section of this forum consist mainly of Watchman and Atlas arguing?
    I did love Minerva's den and the twist was incredible. The thought and depth that went into it was astonishing. I would have been happy buying that as a separate game. As a DLC it just blew me away.

    It seems that we're the only too on the forum these days. And it also seems we don't agree on anything. Hopefully more people will come back soon, maybe when they release infinite in a few years.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    I think that Biohshock 1 had the better game play, but Bioshock 2 had the better endings.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    That is a pretty uncommon opinion. What do you feel is better in terms of gameplay in the first game?

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Apollo Square
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkreng View Post
    That is a pretty uncommon opinion. What do you feel is better in terms of gameplay in the first game?
    I agree with him, I think that the hacking system was far better in the first one. Also the fact you couldn't duel wield plasmids made it more challenging.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Im in ur base, killing ur d00dz!
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    I agree with him, I think that the hacking system was far better in the first one. Also the fact you couldn't duel wield plasmids made it more challenging.
    Personally - I proffered the gameplay in the second. It made sense that one hand would hold a weapon and the other a plasmid, especially since Bioshock used the same idea (one hand for one, one for the other) and you simply brought one up when using it. I think it felt more natural. Furthermore, I don't believe challenge should come strictly from restrictive control, it should come from enemies and environmental challenge. One could argue that horror games succeed by restricting movement, but that's an antiquated design element that doesn't fit with a FPS very well, at least to me.

    Ive said this before but: I believe Bioshock was the stronger game in many elements, but mostly because it was the first encounter with the world that really blew us away. But I also think Bioshock 2 gets unfairly slagged, people seem to think the story wasn't very good. I disagree - I think it was different in ways it needed to be. It was a more personal story for the players perspective, you had a drive that directly involved your link with Elenor, while the original you we're a puppet, forced to move on without and true investment to drive you forward, at least to your knowledge.

    And as for seeing all Rapture has: I don't think we necessarily have. Minerva's Den proved that there's more territory to mine, and the narrative can justify it in many ways. Personally, I think they could go back and find more avenues if they really wanted, so long as it fit within the world and didn't simple ret-con everything.

    But lets see what Infinite brings. If it succeeds we could see another game set in that world, especially if they spend 5 years developing it. Time will tell.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    145
    ^Exactly that.

    The plasmid/weapons switching in BioShock didn't make it harder, it just made it more tedious. Which is, in a sense, harder. But not the right kind of harder.

    In terms of plot I agree as well. BioShock 2's story revolved around you, Eleanor and Sofia. In BioShock 1 you were nothing more than a weapon in a war between Andrew and Fontaine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •