Thread: enormous stretching on 4:3 monitor

enormous stretching on 4:3 monitor

as demonstrated here: http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5...stretching.jpg

now... if one was to argue that because most people have widescreen displays anyway, so it would not be worth it to invest the time to do this - how come this is the FIRST PC game i have ever played where it is screwed up like this? seriously, i have never seen something like it in any game. so it can't be that much of a hassle to do.
    or at least do what e.g. alice: madness returns does. slap letterboxes on that thing to preserve the 16:9 aspect ratio no matter what.

I have the same problem. But i have a 16:10 monitor. Do the Developers work on this problem already?

Hey there -

What resolution are you running at?

Native Resolution 1680x1050

Is there any news?

considering the pressure that was apparently needed to get something done on the fov-front, i wouldn't hold my breath... but maybe they'll surprise us. guess we'll see once the patch will be released.

i hope they do something. a 16:10 monitor isn't something unusual nowadays

Hello? No reaction?

The patch is a little disappointing in some respects, considering its size.

They've fixed the FOV alright and that's great (thank you for that) but setting the resolution to anything other than a 16:9 resolution results in the graphics and HUD being stretched, i.e. the circular Loading icon and Upgrades screen/icons look oval as do car wheels and characters look like they've been on a stretcher rack!!! As such I've had to set the game to 1920x1080 is order to avoid this ugly stretching.

Why some developers still cannot get 16:10 resolution support right, I do not know, as 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 resolutions have been around for years. They're hardly new and if other multiformat games can support them as well 4:3 ones such as the recent Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Armalur not to mention 2K's own NBA 2K12 then why can't The Darkness II? It is annoying IMO, particularly as this developer's previous games all supported 1920x1200 correctly.

Are the console versions such a priority that basic things such as resolution and FOV support now get overlooked in PC games until enough people complain about them?

good thing i tried before i bought. don't let those gaming companies fool you, people! don't buy into hype and make sure you get your money's worth!
    and by the way - another reason to fight "digital distribution only" as hard as one can. you can see that with steam and other platforms already... "what? our game is not what you expected? it is riddled with bugs? tough luck, suckers!"

This problem persist in any resolution with aspect ratio other than 16:9
    Check this thread for same problem with 16:10 screens.
    http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...d-properly-why

Game does not preserve hud aspect ratio and renders it always as in 16:9, which leads to 16:9>16:10 or 16:9>4:3 vertically stretching, and i suppose in any aspect ratio wider than 16:10 hud would be horizontally stretched.
    Math calculations that should preserve correct aspect ratio are so simple so ever schoolboys could do it, why major publisher and devs cant? How did you test your games? Are you testers blinds or something? How bugs like this actually appears in final releases without anyone from 2k nottice this? This is unacceptable, you must fire all your testers and hire new, or develop set of standart issues that should be tested like FOV, aspect ratio, gamepad support etc... this will help every 2nd 2k game to not get bioshocked again and again.
    We need patch!

don't blame the little guy (testers), man. that is clearly a design decision. i bet testers just test what is there (and whether it is buggy), not what is missing. IF companies even do testing these days... considering the quality in which games are often released, i'm not so sure about that.

at any rate - i suppose it simply didn't occur to them that they should do anything differently in the PC version. and even if, i imagine the meeting went something like this: "even if it will be a success on PC, we will only earn X million from it, so why bother spending 10K to include some little features most don't need anyway? come on people - think profit!"

Just buy it a few days ago on steam ,Must say it's really awesome and stylise graphic. but this is the first issue that i found GUI is n't correct streching along to the screen ratio,
    My screen is 1680x1050, but even i set it to 1600x900 (windows mode) the GUI still not correct too! So DEV please fix this.