Thread: Are multiplayer animations in the game yet?

Are multiplayer animations in the game yet?

The lady and heck, the whole family and I have been waiting for animations in multiplayer for ages to play this game again. I just saw a preview for Gods and Kings and I felt like asking - are multiplayer animations out yet? Or will they at least be out in the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Netsurfer733 View Post
    The lady and heck, the whole family and I have been waiting for animations in multiplayer for ages to play this game again. I just saw a preview for Gods and Kings and I felt like asking - are multiplayer animations out yet? Or will they at least be out in the expansion?
    They're being added in the expansion. ^.^

They are coming in a patch which could be before the expansion, they will definitely be available in vanilla CIV V as well.

MP animations are something that was made possible because they fixed parts of the engine for G&K (probably because they finally got a decent MP budget to actually get it done). It's coming to vanilla because they are backporting a lot of the engine fixes into the base game. Because of this I suspect that MP animations will be available day one with G&K, and a vanilla patch will be released either same day or close to the launch of G&K which adds animations to vanilla.

DUDE!! That's incredible!!! I've waited so long for this. Absolutely can't wait.

Does anyone know if this is going to happen say, within 2 months or so? Or should I not hold my breath till 2013?

DUDE!! That's incredible!!! I've waited so long for this. Absolutely can't wait.

Does anyone know if this is going to happen say, within 2 months or so? Or should I not hold my breath till 2013?
    Well, there is no specific date for the expansion yet but a few sources are pointing to the end of May. If that's true, that's probably around the time the vanilla patch will be released as well.

remember to make it allow us to "choose"...

btw, remember that many notebook users have fps locked to around 10 to prevent gpu heating, so just expect a turn take 10 minute if animations is on.

Awesome news Finally after over a year.. got it on release day and havent played it since due to this. Be nice to finally get to play my 120 dollar investment and be able to finally play civ 5 with my wife and kids without having to see untis blinking around and no idea whats going on at times.

Hopefully they release it as a patch as someone said above, then the exapnsion, the Idea of having to spend double the money on a expansion to get what i should of had over a year ago wont happen as i voed to never buy another 2k/Civ title again.

Considering our old mutliplayer games (civ 4) at times took a week or more to finish, AI, large maps, and marathon time, 10 minutes a turn doesnt really bother me, gives me more time to micromanage and think about what i am doing. I am looking forward to being able to see where the units come in and attack from then where they leave to, without knowing this makes the strategic part of the game a guessing match not strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony_Lee View Post
    remember to make it allow us to "choose"...

btw, remember that many notebook users have fps locked to around 10 to prevent gpu heating, so just expect a turn take 10 minute if animations is on.
    Yep, it'll be an option

Separate options for move and combat animations too!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post
    Yep, it'll be an option

Separate options for move and combat animations too!
    and an option for turn based rounds?? simultaneous turns often ruin the game ... plz Greg can you ask the devs. i think an option to turn it off or on is not that hard to code ... thx in advance for a possible reply

cheers
    nudden

^ This

Plus hopefully the AI will actually take part in multiplayer games and contact you etc.

EDIT: Disregard! Apologies. Looking forward to the animations around June 19th
    Last edited by Netsurfer733; 06-03-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Finally, this is some good news, looking forward to it =)

Call Mom & Pops! It's Family Fun Time!!

Yes. Movement animations worked just fine yesterday for my friend and I. Think, hope, he had the combat animations turned off still.

every lobby in multiplayer has turned the animations off with host power

That's because MP animations aren't really targeted for the random pickup game crowd. They're more intended for people who play games with their friends or significant others (i.e. don't need to finish a game quickly). My many games will never show up in the lobby because I don't care to play with you Internet douchebags. I'm glad they're in because now once I start hitting the era of bombers and long range artillery I can actually see WTF is going on each turn, without having to parse through a combat log.

As always, though, this is just another example of why options are a good thing. Now everyone can play how they like.