Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: New Experimental RP: The SPO

"Peter... is he around today? If so, it looks like we've got a long-running traitor."

"I have no idea, he was confined to an ayslum a month or two after my dad died...he murdered him...Forgive me but i need a moment to mull this over." He excused himself and went into the inner office.

Something more's going on here than I see... too many coincidences. Of course I'd just happen to have spent the last ten years in the belly of the beast, just to be plucked away and dumped with the good guys, of course they'd hail me as the Boss's long-lost son! Can't disprove that last bit, but still... I don't like it. My transfer here was strange, I bet one of those government higher-ups who sent me here is involved with the Circle.

Noah parked himself on his couch and stared at the flames contained in the pot-bellied stove. He continued to read more of his father's notes.

September 12th
    It seems The Circle has been conducting business with several soviet officials. Several contacts of mine confirmed that to me this morning. This 'Cold War' is nothing but a scam played up by The Circle to crush both US and Union governments by making each other fight. The threat of nuclear weapons is still a large threat, The Circle didn't need to publicize that. There has to be something I can do, but I'm in the middle of a case right now and little can be done. I can hardly do anything while in the middle of London. James is now asking what I'm writing, I have to make something up fast.

October 3rd
    The circle has claimed it's latest target, my father. Poisoned by his regular morning coffee. I received the from mother only days ago. They'll be looking to put my head up as their next trophy. I will not let them have that chance.I will fight until my last breath to see these men destroyed.

October 5th
    I have been searching though my father's office, trying to find something to link The Circle to his murder. All I got was a smack in the head, knocking me out, and the entire placed ransacked! Whatever father left was long gone when I came to. I must be getting close to something. I'm just not sure what.

October 6th
    If I have ever truly lived a nightmare it was right now. Mother is dead, poisoned as well by the damn Circle. I am the Last of the Messors. What did Mother ever do to them, she was never evolved in The SPO! James is trying his best to comfort me, but very little can pass this shock.

"That's the reason...dad said we could never see them. They were both dead..."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-12-2012 at 09:34 PM.

What I don't know, is... what's the big picture? This guy has a plan for me, but why am I so special? Why do I get immediately forgiven for espionage, just for having a dead ringer for the Boss's son? Something's going on here.

Noah closed the folder. He couldn't take so much information at once.
    "you kept this all from us. Just so one got hurt in the process....It hurts to think what little I've done compared to you dad...Now I've broken your taboo. Not to mention every other rule in your book...or should I say grandpa's."
    He sighed.
    "Lewis going missing. The Circle just waiting to add me to their list of kills. Ana not having a real clue what I really do. Aw hell..."
    He stood up and poured himself a cup of coffee from a coffee pot on the stove.
    "What the hell have I gotten myself into? Some prodigy I am. I drug him into this thinking he's Lewis but somehow lost his memory...but now I'm not so sure....Mary says I always have the habit of leaping before I think. Lewis says the same thing...No amount of good looks is going to help me break that habit."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-13-2012 at 06:56 PM.

O'Connor stopped pacing and sat down. So, what happens now?

"Here."
    Noah came back and set a coffee cup on the desk filled to the near brim.
    "I've done some thinking. I've dragged you into this mess because of some foolish notion. You can back out at anytime. The Circle has been collecting the heads of my family for generations, not literally of course. I'm the next on their list now that I know about their scheme. It's best if a stranger like yourself doesn't get caught up in the bloodbath these ass holes are wanting to continue. I already have Lewis' disappearance already on my conscious for telling him about them. Probably found him as much of a threat as me. You can just hand me the key and be on your merry way back to Chicago."

"Sir, I work here now, and by the look of things if someone doesn't do something the SPO's days are numbered. Way I see it I'm not doing any good sitting at my desk and writing reports. If there's any way I could help I'd be happy to oblige."

Noah was silent.
    "...Not a lot of people have said that to me. Most have turned tail and became hermits, scared for their own lives. If you want to help you can."

"I've never led an easy life. No reason to wimp out now."

"Then you'll last long in this business. Help yourself to the files around here. I'm warning you though. Most of them are older than My Great-Grandfather's grave. They'll crumble in your hands if you don't handle them right."

"I'll give them a look." He found a few filing cabinets arranged by date, and started at the oldest one. "Let's see what we've got in here..."

The files in a variety of handwriting and the occasional coffee stain. They are on a variety of subjects, from kidnappings, to assassinations.
    "I've already memorized them all. Your in the wrong cabinet if your Looking for The Circle. I put them in a special place just in case those ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺s manage to get in here.I'll go get them." He went into the hallway and down to the general store area."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-15-2012 at 10:41 AM.

O'Connor sat down and waited.

Noah came back with a stack of files.
    "I always have one of these on me so I keep them down stairs so they are fast to get to. It's all I basically do in my spare time. That's why I'm not in the papers like others in my class. The Boss would strangle me if I was." He tried to retain a chuckle.
    "I'd wish that guy would relax sometimes. He has been trying his best to replace my dad, but he can be a hangman's noose sometimes. Thinks I'll do something stupid."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.

The documents in hand, he found some light and began reading. "My God these are old... looks like I'll be reading for a while."

"oldest one is at least 1919. These are my family's private criminal records, so if I hear one word of gossip. You are not going to live long. That goes double for my position, especially with your supervisor in Chicago. I would fire him if I didn't know he needed the job desperately because of his probation."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-17-2012 at 04:53 PM.

"I'll keep it all under wraps."

"Great. Help yourself. You learn how to read my Great-Great-grandfather's chicken scratch after a while. He was never trained in law enforcement, so the reports are strange. If I would ever blame someone for putting me in this position, it would be Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle."

"You're right, these reports are oddly written. This may take longer than I had anticipated."

OOC: Should we skip to when I'm done reading?

OOC: Of course?

"And that's the last page. I can get writing a report as soon as I get home."

"No. Keep it all in your memory. Do not give The Circle ammunition."

"Well... I can try that. Don't exactly have photographic memory but I'll make do."

"Good....damn I feel like a conspiracy theorist."

"And I am a conspiracy theorist. I'm just surprised I haven't heard of The Circle before."

"They like to keep their heads down as I can figure."

"Understandably so. If the majority of people knew about something like this The Circle would be in deep trouble."

"And I don't know why they are fond of murdering my family...or at least trying to in Mary's case. I hardly call the SPO a threat. The government is their main enemy."

"And the SPO is nice and cozy with the government. At the moment they're probably trying to make us screw up the Slime contract so they can make the government look bad for not taking matters into their own hands."

"I would hardly call The SPO cozy. A few teams have been working to the bone to get the mayor of Blue Bell Bay thrown out for years. Though you are right about the Slime contract. The Circle's hatred has be much deeper for them to be killing off my family."

"That's the local government. I'm talking about the nation as a whole; if we were on bad terms they wouldn't have given us this responsibility. Unless The Circle's taken control of the government and is trying to finish us off, or some similar paranoid conspiracy. Wouldn't rule it out under these circumstances."

"You have a point there. I've fought a machine gun wielding priest who set his patrons on fire. Not much surprises me when it comes to a person's limits."
    Last edited by princesspeach94; 09-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.

OOC: Are you alluding to Waco?

"So, what do we do now? It seems that finding Circle spies would be a priority, and I already have some suspicions."

OOC: Nope. I had a dream about it and I wrote down. Who's Waco?

"I'm listening."

OOC: They called the whole fiasco "Whacko".

"When I got here, there was some confusion when that girl Aquamarine came by my apartment to deliver my SPO communication gear. She told me to see the Boss, then the Boss tells me I was never called for, and then I return to find my apartment broken into. Aqua claims that Edwin Brandsiher, my direct superior, was the one that told her I was needed in the Boss's office. It could just as well have been an impersonator as the real Edwin, but it's not exactly something to be taken lightly."

"I know Aqua. She's a little...scatterbrained to put it lightly. She doesn't pay too much attention but she is very good in the supernatural department and she can be trusted. I personally wouldn't put it pass Brandisher to be a traitor, but we need more evidence. Aqua herself won't remember, but I think her sources will."

"Very well. Just remember that where there's one traitor there's ten."

"Your old clan teach you that?"

The door to the general store slammed closed.

"Noah? Noah are you here again."

He sighed.

"She has the worse timing in the world."

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast