Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Player Round Robin Tourney #2

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleyTigers4 View Post
    Well with our luck....as "tributes" in the next 8man tourney I propose an alliance.....mwuhaha
    Haha too funny

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleyTigers4 View Post
    I didnt say you did I said I had those knight armies heading to your cap when you quit. Besides I lost the same amount of turns that you did because its not like I could play while you were gone I missed those turns too. Lets be honest I had a nice lead or else you wouldnt have given me the win you would have requested a replay, Im pretty sure you said that yourself.
    No doubt you had a nice lead I'm not denying that but I was no where near finished. I would put myself at 30% to win that game... It wasn't like the Arab game were I was completely screwed...

Mawpawk and I split games
    1st my zulu vs his indians I won took out arabs early for fundy game over.

2nd game my spain vs his zulu. he got england for monarchy, egypt for stonehenge, KT, AW for GW, and 7cog. I did what I could but that start was insane. I managed to take 6 of his cities but it took forever for me to get steam from him. GG Mawpawk wins

1-1

and maw split with ade....i know ade was egypt...dunno who maw was

games vs ade was

my japan vs russians winn 4 me

my romans vs egypt i lose

Good job guys it is going fast, Mawpawk don't you still have a game with Dan? Think the cut off point will be 8-6 but who knows, have a feeling we will have our finals this weekend regardless Nicely done

beat mawpawk, my romans over his spain. settled with 35 gold, made 2 warriors to kill a barb next to rome. it gave me hbr, so i went after 2 barbs and started hammering a horse. horse is out an i approach a barb south. oops, it 1 flag. pawk or ai? turns out its arabs, jackpot. i take them with a HA and vet it up. i find madrid on a hill with a vet WA but i'm wary. i wait for an archer from my HA side while my WA camps on a hill outside madrid. he finds aw in the meantime and goes republic/fundy. i lose my archer, but my WA and HA take out units. after that he kills my WA 3-3, but my HA starts the next turn by overrunning madrid ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by danthechan View Post
    beat mawpawk, my romans over his spain. settled with 35 gold, made 2 warriors to kill a barb next to rome. it gave me hbr, so i went after 2 barbs and started hammering a horse. horse is out an i approach a barb south. oops, it 1 flag. pawk or ai? turns out its arabs, jackpot. i take them with a HA and vet it up. i find madrid on a hill with a vet WA but i'm wary. i wait for an archer from my HA side while my WA camps on a hill outside madrid. he finds aw in the meantime and goes republic/fundy. i lose my archer, but my WA and HA take out units. after that he kills my WA 3-3, but my HA starts the next turn by overrunning madrid ftw.
    Nice job Dan way to get on the board Seems your unlucky streak is at an end

Its looking like me and Mawpawk are in for sure, it just depends what seed we will be fighting for. These next few battles will be interesting to say the least, personally I want to see Dan win 9 in a row and be top seed that would awesome

Had two games against multi yesterday. He had a terrible start in both games.

My England beat his Mongols, then my Spain beat his English

who's going to be on tonight around 9 pm pst? i've got a ton of games to knock out.

who's going to be on tonight around 9 pm pst? i've got a ton of games to knock out.
    That's probably too late for me. Maybe we can catch each other this weekend.

got my games in with duke. we split, neither games were skill and were both over in 15 minutes

1st game My germans vs duke indians
    we both get galleys from first barb, he gets SoC I get his capital with a galley drop.

2nd game, My greeks vs duke romans
    again a boat from the first village each, i get nothing he gets KT at 3500, AW for GW, I get a walk in on russians, he has 100g at 3100, at 2400 I goaded duke into ending it early and he attacked my cap with his inflitration KT and russia with a vet horse army off a hill and thankfully put me out of my missery since I managed to scrap up a whole 25g that entire game

I think Multi beat Packrat twice but I'm not sure of what civs were used.

Dan - when is a good time for you to play this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1987 View Post
    I think Multi beat Packrat twice but I'm not sure of what civs were used.

He did....I remember DP saying MPBs aztec crushed him but Im not sure how game 2 went.....MPB did get the sweep though.....nice MPB.....Im pretty sure that is the first time anyone has swept DP in any kind of tourney play since he came back to the forum. I swept him in 2011's RR tourney but that was over a year ago and his skill level has mass evolved so it dont count no mo.....GGs multi

sunday and monday i have much flexibility. i am not opposed to appointment gaming at all.

sunday and monday i have much flexibility. i am not opposed to appointment gaming at all.
    I think you're on PST....

How about Sunday night, 8 PM CST so 6 PM PST?

MultiPlayaBeast vs Digital Packrat

Game 1: Multi=Aztecs and Packrat=Arabs

I found friendly for 25g and then seen barb that gave me 40g. Next the barb two tiles away is Packrat's Araba and I took him out at around 3300bc.
    MultiPlayaBeast Wins!

Game 2: Multi=Spanish and Packrat=Egyptians(CoR)

I move my settler and settle two tiles away from Romans. It was a dumb spot to settle but I had no choice if I wanted to Republic psossibly from the Romans. Take them out and soon switch into Republic. Packrat meanwhile tells me he settled next to spices along with two desert. He then takes out the English and that had me extremely scared because Packrat was seeming pretty confident of victory. I get my 100g before Packrat I believe but either way we both got it soon after taking out the AI's. I start to expand to 4 cities when I catch eye of 7cog, niiiiiice! During that I notice that the Americans is on the map and Packrat was attacking them but I don't know with what. Eventually I get a galleon over there to Americans waaaay across the seas from me and on a hill next to them is Egyptian LA. I tried to give the Americans gold though 2 caravans but in the end they inevitably were going to lose with especially Packrat's culture overtaking their trees. Then I try to bother Packrat some but his legions kept me at bay. Then I notice that Packrat accidentally settles a GA in Thebes... That put me at real ease.

Packrat takes out the Americans and its just us. I get 7cog and I build like 4 more settlers. I didn't settle them until a bit later as I couldn't find any real spots for whale. Then not to much longer thereafter... Packrat finds SoC. I got like 6 galleons out by then and searching for the boat where Packrat got SoC. I think it was close to where 7cog was at but either way I come to see the gp on a island where Packrat settled a city. He didn't see that I had a warrior that moved next to the gp a turn before I took them, a GB and GS. I run off with them and gb'd EIC and then soon after I rush invention. Down south I was then being attacked by CA and two LA's. Packrat managed to take my city out but it became a spot for a nice drop off for caravan 225g. So now I'm looking to find the galleon that had the armies but couldn't find it until the last minute when I spot a militia. BTW, I did kill one of those LA's so it left only the CA and a LA to try and take Madrid. Madrid was my barracks city and I made in time a CA and had knights too but not enough to build a KA. In the end, Packrat takes Madrid but I get it back thwarting his plans and then Packrat gives up.
    MultiPlayaBeast Wins!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post
    Packrat managed to take my city out but it became a spot for a nice drop off for caravan 225g.
    You do some of the most odd things. I need to play more FFA to get a better sense of the long game. I would have just sold the stupid unit for 30g!!

You do some of the most odd things. I need to play more FFA to get a better sense of the long game. I would have just sold the stupid unit for 30g!!
    FFA does prepare you for long games way more than H2H...

it really depends on your immediate needs. if there is a good option then why not load it on a galleon. you can always sell it if you need the 30. getting a payday like 225 can also help get you to the 500 g gp, or empower an nice army. i liked the gp heist and the invention gs. it pretty much meant digital wasn't getting any more gp's except the 500 (if he got there).

hey danthechan and digital. would like to finish our games. are you ready tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by ademoabo68 View Post
    hey danthechan and digital. would like to finish our games. are you ready tomorrow?
    i've been looking for you. my availabilty during the work week (tues-sat) is after 9 pm pst. if that doesn't work we can play sun or mon any time.

I am off tomorrow so I can play nearly any time. I have a few errands to run so it would be nice to know when you would be available to play. I am on est

2 with digital. my france loses to japan, and my aztecs win over his russia. write-up to come later.

2 with digital. my france loses to japan, and my aztecs win over his russia. write-up to come later.
    I swear to you i won that 2nd game. no idea how the game let you finish your attack when you had no cities left but having that 4 pop karahorum was the beginning of the end cause the game gave you every even or slightly in my favor battle, nothing can be done against those odds. its all or nothing with the aztec with that auto heal

This is proving just the same as the last tourney everyone pretty much has the same win-loss ratio. I wonder if we have each player play each other 4 games instead of 2 if it will reduce the luck... Same civs allowed but double the games each civ is used twice, might be a bit hard to keep track of but there might be less 5-10 min decisions I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by ITZ DENI3D View Post
    This is proving just the same as the last tourney everyone pretty much has the same win-loss ratio. I wonder if we have each player play each other 4 games instead of 2 if it will reduce the luck... Same civs allowed but double the games each civ is used twice, might be a bit hard to keep track of but there might be less 5-10 min decisions I'm not sure...
    I think its more of civ choice thats doing a lot of it....people get easy upset with aztecs or zulu for example a lot of times....if you look at the win ratios of this tourney compared to the ones without the top 4 the win loss ratios are much different....4 games would change it im sure....is that too much? not for me but maybe for some....the 3 game idea from Africa tourney worked well in my opinion....

I'm looking at the games people got swept and most of them were not using the top 4... In the games so far the Zulu have only won 3 out of 5 so I'm no so sure it is the top 4.

poor frenchies have lost evry game

Quote Originally Posted by Mawpawk View Post
    poor frenchies have lost evry game
    I almost won my first 1 lol

It's fine. I've said multiple times that winning 65% of your games against other forum members is really good. The skill gap isn't as big as it used to be between the elite and the rest. Going 9-5 would be 65%.

Wouldn't mind kinda playing 3 but 4 is too much for the Beast!

I'm looking at the games people got swept and most of them were not using the top 4... In the games so far the Zulu have only won 3 out of 5 so I'm no so sure it is the top 4.
    I think you are misrerpesenting the facts though.....the top 4 are like 15-9 or something in this tournament so far....but 4 or 5 of those losses are to other civs in the top 4 so they shouldnt really count...its more like 11-4.....top 4 vs bottom 10 so it does influence it more.....also mawpawk sucking shades the data as well......somehow mawpawk lost 3 of his top 4 civs games.....

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpackrat View Post
    I swear to you i won that 2nd game. no idea how the game let you finish your attack when you had no cities left but having that 4 pop karahorum was the beginning of the end cause the game gave you every even or slightly in my favor battle, nothing can be done against those odds. its all or nothing with the aztec with that auto heal
    that was very wierd. my HA was without a kingdom for a brief second. i did have a good streak of battle wins, but most were to my advantage. here is the recap from my point of view.
    settle 2nd turn with 2 trees and a barb. immediatly tech hbr. get out a horse and he meets mongols at a barb. i could give them the city but theirs no food, so i take the gold. its bw instead, but that will come in handy. a 2nd horse heads nw and finds digital's wounded warrior on a hill, defending at 1. next turn we both attack, but he wins the race, and the 1-1 battle. by now i've found egypt w/henge, and shortly after discover the arabs. obviously they are my 1st target, but i know he'll be entering the fray soon. i get an archer in the cap, and take tripoli for religion. he flys in with a HA and takes my cap shortly after for religion. i've got 3 forest in triploli and i start flooding the area between us with archers. meanwhile i head my HA over to the mongol cap to take it. i beat 2 archers and on the 3rd turn he walks next to tripoli and flips it (soc after about 5 turns). at the same moment i beat the mongol warrior and move into my new digs. eith way its not looking good. i have a 4 pop city with 2 trees. he has at least 3 cities, and tripoli with 3 trees. luckily i have the archers in the field to work with. i go to get my cap back. he pulls up 3 tiles away with his HA. i have a vet archer to protect. i take my cap and rush another archer to protect. he flees east to thebes. i try to intercept with a vet AA out of karokorum but he dodges the 9 attack. i know its a dead end up there so i slowly walk my AA and HA up to pin him. he meanwhile uses a gs on IW and sends archers and LA's to karokorum. i have another vet AA watching from a hill and a non vet AA in the city. i turn him back and as he retreats he attacks my elite AA 9-9 with his LA. i win, but he's left with 0 health and i'm wounded. i should have had a GG, but thats ok. i don't know what he did with the LA. at thebes my forces finally back him into a corner and he takes peace to get a free ride to tripoli. i take thebes from a hill, attacking at 12 and 18. i get leadership and slowly bring them back into the action. he keeps sending out single archers, and i keep killing them with my AA. once my other AA gets back i press in on tripoli with my elite HA, a non-vet HA, and the 2 elite AA's. i lose the elite HA 12.5-6 or so, but win a couple 9-8's before he attacks 9-27 and loses the city. i finally get to 100 g and take out a couple more settlers. he has spent everything on holding the area and gives in at this point. with 4 caps i would have been to knights or cats pretty quick after the dust settled.
    the 1st game was my french vs japan. he took 7 cities about 6 turns in. for all intents and purposes it was over right then. i took dc, and flipped 1 of his cities, but he was ahead 13-4 in tech when i called it.

Only a few games left, well done guys I think we will have our finals by the end of this weekend if it keeps rolling

what the heck happened to you yesterday ade? I looked for you all day plus havn't seen you on today

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpackrat View Post
    what the heck happened to you yesterday ade? I looked for you all day plus havn't seen you on today
    Sorry guys. I am in our summerhouse and had to paint it. I will be on tonight though if you have the time..

Posted in wrong thread

2-0 vs Dan. My first game was easily the best start of a game I've had in quite some time. Japan vs Dan's Arabs. I walk in on English for Monarchy. Find 7 cities a couple turns later. In 2700 BC I had 2 HA's 210 more gold, and was on a hill with both HA overlooking Thebes waiting for Dan to take it. Nothing he could do there. Oh, I was also in medieval since I kept getting techs from huts.

2nd game my Greeks vs his Zulu. I get AW for great wall in maybe 2800. Dan doesn't get any AI caps because 2 of the 3 were behind me. He calls it shortly after. I had a pop 4 library Athens and he couldn't really compete. We both had nothing but the Greeks are so much better than the Zulu when both players have nothing. One of the few things the Greeks are good at.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast