Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Minerva's Den PC Install issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Minerva's Den PC Install issue

    Anyone been able to install Minerva's Den for PC lately? I'm getting Can't Install item. Code 8007000D. Tried re-downloading the DLC several times and on different PCs, but still the same problem.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    Anyone been able to install Minerva's Den for PC lately? I'm getting Can't Install item. Code 8007000D. Tried re-downloading the DLC several times and on different PCs, but still the same problem.
    I have the same problem just bought it and it wont install.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Same here. Tried clearing the download folder, downloading from within Bioshock 2 and using the GFWL client. No change.

    Running Windows 7 64bit.

    Really disappointed, been looking forward to playing this for a while

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2

    Minerva's Den installation error 8007000D

    I have exactly the same issue on windows 7 64bit. Error 8007000D. I've tried downloading and installing from within Bioshock 2 and from the external GFWL Marketplace application but on both I get the same error. Download is fine but installation fails. I've tried to run as administrator and to clean the download folder but these actions didn't help either... Seems like a common error, has anyone been able to install it in anyway?

    It only happens with Minerva's Den. I've tried with the other (free) DLC for Bioshock 2 and they are working fine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Bump. Really want to play this

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Yea its crazy that the one you pay for doesn't work!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    I'm having the same issue. I tried a bunch of suggestions from other forums after some googling, but nothing worked so today I contact Microsoft Games for Windows Live support. After hours of "fixes" from microsoft support they've managed to change my error code to another known Minvera's Den issue

    Fixes they've had me try so far:
    - create a new administrator account
    - turn off antivirus (had already tried that prior to the call)
    - run GFWL as administrator (had already tried that prior to the call)
    - check the privilege level box for GFWL to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
    - check event logs, which were all dated for the original day I installed, nothing for today. When I asked the technician why no logs showed up for today he trailed off into an incoherent mumble.
    - checked that the game and the dlc was on the same drive (it was)
    - changed the UAC settings in msconfig to the lowest level (which was NOT suggested by microsoft, how reassuring, especially since my antivirus is still off.) This is what brought up the code 80096010.
    - set the clock for 2011 (already tried that prior to the call)
    - bitsadmin reset (had seen that suggested online but hadn't tried it, didn't work)

    I kept telling these guys how I had googled it, and I know that sounded lame, but I couldn't find any known fixes. They kind of chuckled and told me they had special resources available to them. Then proceeded to have me try every fix google had already suggested .

    I have to keep calling back after every suggested fix since the download is large and takes about 25 minutes to download. I must admit I'm somewhat exasperated at this point. If I find a fix that works I'll share it here!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    Incognita, thanks a lot for sharing your experience, at least we know we are not alone. I'll try your list of fixes and if anything works out for me I'll let everybody know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •