Thread: The Elder Scrolls: Online

The Elder Scrolls: Online

So it's official, Bethesda is developing a TES MMO.

I wonder how they'll handle gameplay. If it's good, it'll be unique, and stick with the Elder Scrolls style, but with even more complexity and variety, and if it's bad, it'll be a WoW clone. I really think if they pull this off correctly, it'll turn out great. Of course, there WILL be a monthly fee, and I have no idea if Bethesda knows what they're doing. Worst case scenario, nobody likes it, thus nobody plays it.

Also, I'm really interested in where in Tamriel this'll take place. I think it'd be cool as hell if you could travel around the entire continent of Tamriel. That's how I envision it.

Here are some links:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...a-jump-genres/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ls-online.aspx

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/03/...crolls-online/

I read the news earlier here. Off the cuff first impression? I'm interested. I've enjoyed all the Elder Scrolls games so I'm predisposed right away to like it unless they go and radically change things. In comparison to the current top-dog, WoW, that I just couldn't get into. Third person has never been my thing. I would assume than an ES:MMO would have both third and first options and of course I would be first person.

Pricing remains to be seen. I would hope they would sell time-cards in stores like Wal-Mart, like WoW, as that would be my preferred way to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by headkase View Post
    I read the news earlier here. Off the cuff first impression? I'm interested. I've enjoyed all the Elder Scrolls games so I'm predisposed right away to like it unless they go and radically change things. In comparison to the current top-dog, WoW, that I just couldn't get into. Third person has never been my thing. I would assume than an ES:MMO would have both third and first options and of course I would be first person.

Pricing remains to be seen. I would hope they would sell time-cards in stores like Wal-Mart, like WoW, as that would be my preferred way to pay.
    I'm pretty interested as well. If they pull it off right, that is. I really hope they do, this has potential to be the greatest thing ever. Y'know what'd be REALLY cool if it was done right? A Fallout MMO.

Also, it's being developed by Zenimax, not Bethesda. Not sure how I feel about that, but alright.

I'll definitely keep my eye on this, but it's too early to get my hopes up. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Lucente View Post
    I'm pretty interested as well. If they pull it off right, that is. I really hope they do, this has potential to be the greatest thing ever. Y'know what'd be REALLY cool if it was done right? A Fallout MMO.

Also, it's being developed by Zenimax, not Bethesda. Not sure how I feel about that, but alright.
    I'd do unmentionable things for a Fallout MMO...

While the idea is intriguing, It is not my thing. I do not have the time to devote to an MMO; however, I think Bethesda can create an amazing game. The Trailer looks great!

i'd do unmentionable things for a fallout mmo... :d
    Get. In. Line!! ^_^

The first screenshot is out.. Looks... I don't know, but, I'm still interested!!

Here's an uncropped version: Linky.

I'd do unmentionable things for a Fallout MMO...
    How about a BioShock MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dukenator View Post
    How about a BioShock MMO?
    I don't know about a Bioshock MMO, and this is coming from someone who completed Bioshock 1 from start to finish 24 times. Yes, 24 times. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are "open" worlds, go any direction you want. The Bioshock games in comparison are "follow this path" games so I don't have a gut feeling, like F3 & NV, of what they'd be "like."