Thread: Harvest or Rescue-The Good and the Bad

1. Harvest or Rescue-The Good and the Bad

Okay, so throughout the game Bioshock, you have the choice to either harvest or rescue the Little Sister after you kill their Big Daddy. Harvesting them will give you more ADAM, but, Tenenbaum will not take this gladly and will get angry with you. If you choose to rescue them, you extract some ADAM from them and kill the sea slugs in them, turning them back into a little girl. You don't get as much ADAM, but if you choose to rescue the Little Sisters instead of harvest, you will be rewarded by Tenenbaum. So really the best choice is to rescue them, but you may have a different opinion than I do.
    I chose to save them all throughout the game, so I received several gifts from Tenenbaum in the process. I would get ADAM, sometimes EVE hypos, and sometimes a Plasmid. The rewards for saving the Little Sisters are better than harvesting them. But if you have something else to point out about how harvesting is somehow better, I would like to see them.

I prefer harvesting because I don't need the stuff Tenenbaum gives me. If you harvest you will end up with a lot more ADAM, and especially at the beginning of the game you can make good use of that. Even though Tenenbaum gives you ADAM, you will never have as much as you get from harvesting.

And it's awesome to be the bad guy.

According to http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Sister#Strategy:
    "Every three Little Sisters the player harvests will grant them 480 ADAM (160 3), whilst every three they save will grant them 440 (80 3 + 200), plus many excellent Gene Tonics, the Hypnotize Big Daddy Plasmid, and a bountiful quantity of First Aid Kits and EVE Hypos."

I don't know if that's "a lot more"; the main difference is the distribution over time. You get it in bigger chunks every three sisters if you rescue, and it makes most difference early in the game. If you have use of the other stuff you get from Tenenbaum depends on you style of play perhaps. If you're on PS3 and play Survivor difficulty, you will learn to appreciate the Hypnotize plasmid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    According to http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Sister#Strategy:
    "Every three Little Sisters the player harvests will grant them 480 ADAM (160 3), whilst every three they save will grant them 440 (80 3 + 200), plus many excellent Gene Tonics, the Hypnotize Big Daddy Plasmid, and a bountiful quantity of First Aid Kits and EVE Hypos."

I don't know if that's "a lot more"; the main difference is the distribution over time. You get it in bigger chunks every three sisters if you rescue, and it makes most difference early in the game. If you have use of the other stuff you get from Tenenbaum depends on you style of play perhaps. If you're on PS3 and play Survivor difficulty, you will learn to appreciate the Hypnotize plasmid though.

Not much of a 'hard choice' to make for 'doing the "Right" thing ...'. Such a big deal was made about 'moral choice' in this game and its really hardly anything.... Making due with only the freebies would have been a bigger cost, but then so many fewer of the plasmids that they put so much effort into developing.