Thread: cts

cts

What do you play capture for? Some player go for kills only and some captures only and some try to do both. What do u play for?

to win.

I don't, at least not often. Was always my least favorite game mode.

I play it for the kills and to support whatever team I'm on. Even if the people on it don't like me. If I help my team win or keep the turrets friendly I feel I have done a good job, even if my k/d is bad.

I often try to get a loop going, where one person is taking the sister to a vent and I'm at the spawn point. Once the sister respawns I take her a far as I can without dying. I'm not the best of players but I get an A for effort.

Plus there is nothing more satisfying than nade spamming a bunch of nut huggers at once. I love seeing bodies fly through the air.

I'm not very good at killing so I focus on capturing.

All depends on my team. Sometimes you get teammates that don't know what to do, or where they even are on the map. In that case I go for Kill and Captures. If my team is good then I just got for kills and protect them as they Capture.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonmicon View Post
    I often try to get a loop going, where one person is taking the sister to a vent and I'm at the spawn point. Once the sister respawns I take her a far as I can without dying.
    Good for you! One of my pet peeves is no one standing by to pick up a new LS the moment one is deposited in the vent.

I do both, although it's a rarity for me to even search capture, I hate that game mode.

@Adelaide: I don't understand why they don't. I mean if you got 3 people with the carrier, and two at the spawn point. You can easily create a loop. Because the other team is after the carrier. That's the reason I main the grenade launcher in team modes. If their all together at the sister vent. It's so easy to spam fire and nades in their direction. I did this in a match with a friend and we racked up 6 capture in the first round, ended up with about 10 or 12 (can't remember) by the end. I've been in matches where a team will end up with 15 or more captures.

I used to despise capture in complete honesty. I didn't bother with capture at all until Phly invited me and I decided to leave my comfort zone. (Note: If anyone actually EVER helped or inspired me in any way, it was Phly. He always had creative suggestions and strategies that I felt were out of my capabilities, and always was an excellent sport from what I had seen. Plus how could you not love a player who's practically an instant barrel-be-gone? :P

Anyway, when it comes to Capture I either like to guard the person making the trip to the vent or die trying. I love the fact that you have such a great chance of getting an insane kill count, and most of the time that is my reason for selecting CTS to begin with. I guard because I know the more people I take out on the other team the less back up they have while they wait for them to respawn and protect. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I tend to take out big daddies first in a cts match, and can usually take them out on my own before the minute marker hits 2 minutes flat (or at least that is my first goal every match).

Also, damn you players with your little sister jump... dammmmmnnn yoooooouu... *shakes fists*

Yes.... Me and Phly have created monsters! Muahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicFish View Post
    Yes.... Me and Phly have created monsters! Muahahaha.
    Possibly one of the top ten truest stories I've ever heard! :P I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, lol.

I'm one of those monsters. Phly helped me out a lot in the beginning, I miss that Ol'Slugger. Then again I've had quite a bit of Frankenstein help from other players here as well. Finally got my K/D in the positive playing CTS last night.

It was a comment mostly pertaining to the new 'elite' tier of players on the PS3, since the time that Phly made the Little Sister Jump and I made Box Spam.

Love CTS...but i really do hate it when someone on mt team picks up the LS and has no idea where to take her. Attention all noobs, if you don't know where she goes...don't pick her up!

They just want the trophy (mothergoose). You cant get the platinum without the multiplayer trophies. Hence why we have so many boosters. Personally, I go for kills when I'm with a team but when I go solo and I'm with people that don't know what the hell they're doing I just let the other team kill the carrier. Avenge their sacrifice XD and get her where she needs to be. My record for scoring a lil sister is a little bit less than 20 seconds anyone ever beat that???

No I can't beat 20 seconds, but I do love it when I'm on a team of complete idiots. You know those matches were no one knows what their doing. I was in Hephaestus about 2 or so weeks ago with a teams like this. I'd get the sister Leg Up and Aero Dash to the vent, got like 8 captures the first round. I do hate the "where's the vent" players. Just follow the vent icon on screen people.

XD my thoughts exactly is that really so hard. The other day I was playing on Point Prometheus and under the whale skeleton I saw my team mate trying to go through a wall so he could get to the vent all the way in the back where the machine gun turret was. I was like WTF are you doing XD That's a solid wall no matter what your not gonna get through it eventually he took the long way over there in stead of climbing the whale and just walking over there.

Quote Originally Posted by abyssmalcarnag3 View Post
    They just want the trophy (mothergoose). You cant get the platinum without the multiplayer trophies. Hence why we have so many boosters. Personally, I go for kills when I'm with a team but when I go solo and I'm with people that don't know what the hell they're doing I just let the other team kill the carrier. Avenge their sacrifice XD and get her where she needs to be. My record for scoring a lil sister is a little bit less than 20 seconds anyone ever beat that???
    Do you mean as soon as the round starts, or just as soon as you pick the Sister up? Regardless I've done it in about 10 seconds.

I meant as soon as the round starts and I'd like to see that, I'll record my quickest time if you do and we'll see whose is faster. I'm always up for a challenge.

Getting the sister to vent fast really depends on the map your on. Point Prometheus, Hephaestus, and Medical Pavilion are easy maps to capture the sister fast. Home for the Poor and Mercury Suites can be a bit troublesome. Well Home can actually be easy if you know how to use leg up right, when the capture vent in on the third level. Two jumps is all it takes.

I meant as soon as the round starts and I'd like to see that, I'll record my quickest time if you do and we'll see whose is faster. I'm always up for a challenge.
    Lol okay. When you Capture on Home For the Poor, equip Aero Dash and Geyser Trap and you could get in in just about 10 seconds. and on a few other maps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrispyWaffles View Post
    Lol okay. When you Capture on Home For the Poor, equip Aero Dash and Geyser Trap and you could get in in just about 10 seconds. and on a few other maps as well.
    geyser trap is a wasted plasmid slot for that purpose if you use leg-up... Gres, Fish, what was our record for caps on HFTP? wasn't it 27?

Yes. 27.. I'm sure someone will chime in to accuse us of running up the score but oh well.

DEAL!!!!! I'll record and post it this week I know I can do it in record time

Quote Originally Posted by goride View Post
    What do you play capture for? Some player go for kills only and some captures only and some try to do both. What do u play for?

I used to play for numerous reasons in the past. The first of which was a naive, personal goal of becoming the "Best Capturer" in Bioshock Multiplayer. Another was to become adept in overpowered strategies and game play. Another period of time, it became to improve no stun head shot probability. Then I started a period of maximizing "efficiency". It was a long period, of using all the accumulated strategies I had previously developed, and raising the total efficiency in Capture and Kill roles (Little Sister Jump + Little Sister Dash + Box Spam). I developed most of my end game capture and kill loadouts by then. I moved on to using inefficient playstyles in an efficient manner (Added Slugger to my repertoire and the most efficient sets of inefficient playstyles).

Now I'm considering creating a more tactful approach to all my matches. Maybe add in 3 custom loadouts (From a vast list of pre-made loadouts) for each map. Creating more strategies. The one thing that always gets me coming back is my fondness for strategic play.

I am adept in most roles in CTS (considering a big fraction of my playtime is allocated into CTS). I switch between roles to suit the situation. CTS is a dynamic game mode. The better you adapt to the situation, your teammates, your current enemies, the better you can mitigate your losses, increase total team efficiency and possibly tip the odds in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaneTheMono View Post
    I used to despise capture in complete honesty. I didn't bother with capture at all until Phly invited me and I decided to leave my comfort zone. (Note: If anyone actually EVER helped or inspired me in any way, it was Phly. He always had creative suggestions and strategies that I felt were out of my capabilities, and always was an excellent sport from what I had seen. Plus how could you not love a player who's practically an instant barrel-be-gone? :P

Anyway, when it comes to Capture I either like to guard the person making the trip to the vent or die trying. I love the fact that you have such a great chance of getting an insane kill count, and most of the time that is my reason for selecting CTS to begin with. I guard because I know the more people I take out on the other team the less back up they have while they wait for them to respawn and protect. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I tend to take out big daddies first in a cts match, and can usually take them out on my own before the minute marker hits 2 minutes flat (or at least that is my first goal every match).

Also, damn you players with your little sister jump... dammmmmnnn yoooooouu... *shakes fists*

Thank you for the mention, I'm glad I could be of some help. I don't mind helping out, it definitely helps heighten the experience. And, It's a habit of mine to destroy every barrel in the match (In record times). : P

Quote Originally Posted by xenonmicon View Post
    I'm one of those monsters. Phly helped me out a lot in the beginning, I miss that Ol'Slugger. Then again I've had quite a bit of Frankenstein help from other players here as well. Finally got my K/D in the positive playing CTS last night.

Hehe. I'm a bit busy nowadays but, I think I can spare a few games. I'm thinking of coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicFish View Post
    It was a comment mostly pertaining to the new 'elite' tier of players on the PS3, since the time that Phly made the Little Sister Jump and I made Box Spam.

Hehe. The way I see it, nobody else can use those to their full potential.

Play to play wether I win or lose

DEAL!!!!! I'll record and post it this week I know I can do it in record time
    Cool, you should also try the map with the giant octopus and Rocket Turret in the very middle of the map. Its not the size of the map that matters, it's the route that you can take to get it to the vent right away.

P.S. Geyser is better than Leg Up to me because you don't need to charge it up and in CTS you can throw them by the Sister and make a bada$$ get-away.

P.S. Geyser is better than Leg Up to me because you don't need to charge it up and in CTS you can throw them by the Sister and make a bada$$ get-away.
    Ooh, I hadn't thought about that in Cts! Thanks!

Cool, you should also try the map with the giant octopus and Rocket Turret in the very middle of the map. Its not the size of the map that matters, it's the route that you can take to get it to the vent right away.

Yeah thats like the easiest one to score on but for some reason its not my favorite. I prefer the grab jump, geyser traps have a way of backfiring on me. Plus, I already have aero dash equipped so I can just skedaddle my way to the vent with the quickness. My absolute favorite map to score in is Home for the Poor I like to let my team distract everyone while I just score for my team so I gave a better chance at winning.

Yeah thats like the easiest one to score on but for some reason its not my favorite. I prefer the grab jump, geyser traps have a way of backfiring on me. Plus, I already have aero dash equipped so I can just skedaddle my way to the vent with the quickness. My absolute favorite map to score in is Home for the Poor I like to let my team distract everyone while I just score for my team so I gave a better chance at winning.
    Home For the Poor is the best map to use the GTs because the Sister is always on the first floor. BTW, did you record your times yet?

I play to win ofcourse but i only play when i have some decent teammates. Nothing is more annoying than teammates that care more about their k/d ratio and leave me to try and cap sister alone and get mobbed

Quote Originally Posted by mossloki View Post
    Ooh, I hadn't thought about that in Cts! Thanks!
    Lol welcome.

Home For the Poor is the best map to use the GTs because the Sister is always on the first floor. BTW, did you record your times yet?
    No, I have not I've been out all week I'm going to record it today though. I'll post it up here later today. Have you already recorded yours?

No, I have not I've been out all week I'm going to record it today though. I'll post it up here later today. Have you already recorded yours?
    No, I've been lazy. I need to get a stopwatch, or something lol.

I just go by the time on the youtube vid. XD and I've been trying to record but everytime I play cts were always on a different map if I knew it'd take this long i'd have recorded it long ago

I just go by the time on the youtube vid. XD and I've been trying to record but everytime I play cts were always on a different map if I knew it'd take this long i'd have recorded it long ago
    Okay, you should try Point Prometheus, Home for the Poor, Medical Pavilion, and maybe Farmer's Market.

After playing all those for so long my 1 and only favorite capturing map is Home for the poor. It's simple map lay out make finding a way to the vents so easy and fun. I often find my self anxious to the point where I feel like I'm about to die as I run with the lil sister XD