Thread: FPS XCOM Delayed Once Again

FPS XCOM Delayed Once Again

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Delayed-Again

I was actually kind of looking forward to it. It might not be the traditional XCOM experience, but it could have really changed up a lot of the FPS genre.

Oh well, my delay-twitch reflex is acting up. Two delays makes me worry about the quality of the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkidu View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Delayed-Again

I was actually kind of looking forward to it. It might not be the traditional XCOM experience, but it could have really changed up a lot of the FPS genre.
    I doubt that. I doubt that a whole lot from what they showed last E3.

Oh well, my delay-twitch reflex is acting up. Two delays makes me worry about the quality of the finished product.
    This is a good thing actually. If they give the game a lot of time and really think about "What made X-COM great" and find a way to properly translate that into the FPS it could be a really great game. Delays are not a bad thing! Look at Borderlands for example: Originally a highly generic looking FPS that was nothing special, then delayed considerably to redo the entire games style and art - now it's an awesome FPS Diablo Roguelike that captured that genre perfectly. The sequel looks even better.

I already have my vault hunters edition preordered for that now I think of it...

I would not be surprised if they're doing some...soul searching so to speak. After seeing how Syndicate turned out, and the far more positive reaction to EU, I'd be a bit wary about the FPS as well.

Considering they were looking to launch back in March, and now they're looking at nearly 2 years past that now...I suspect we're going to see a considerably different game.

Personally, I think they'd be best off to change the name, then run wild with the concept free of the constraints of the name brand.