Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Irrational Games Store is Now Open For Business!

The Irrational Games Store is Now Open For Business!

Some of you have been asking about the Irrational Games Store for a while now and we can finally answer the call. I am pleased to tell you that starting today, we welcome you to the Irrational Games Store. Head on over to http://store.irrationalgames.com to check out all the BioShock and BioShock Infinite merch you can get your grubby hands on.

And to show our appreciation for your patience, we’re offering 10% off your purchase! Just use code “IRRLAUNCH10” at checkout. http://irrationalgames.com/uncategor...nch-promotion/

Enjoy!
    Last edited by ig.ratana; 05-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Is that Songbird shirt from PAX East going to appear in the store? I missed buying it at PAX and I've been pining for it ever since.

Cool! Been looking forward to this for a while. That Handyman shirt is pretty spiffy.

I remember during the initial announcement some people were predicting the MoC Vigor Bottle was going to cost $25-$50. I tried my best to raise those numbers to a more realistic level. Before anyone complains about the price, let me tell you that, as someone who owns one, it's a spectacular item. Seeing it just doesn't give you the full impact. You have to hold it to appreciate it. It's solid enough to use as a melee weapon, and the liquid sloshing around plus heavy metal medallion and chain make it feel as real as can be. Other than it's inability to open, it's like a full-on prop replica. Far and above anything you've ever seen in a collector's edition of a game.

Is there a less expensive shipping service than UPS Ground?

Baww, why did you have to open when I'm dirt poor from paying school fees?

Still, there's a lot of nice things in the store. I look forward to spending my money frivolously.

I can't process an order. It either gives me a 500 error message, or a statement that says, sorry, we were unable to process your order at this time. What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
    I can't process an order. It either gives me a 500 error message, or a statement that says, sorry, we were unable to process your order at this time. What's going on?
    Sorry about that MortalMonday, we're looking into getting this resolved. Thanks for your patience!

So wait, I'm not the odd man out here then? This is a known, widespread issue at the moment? I would hate to miss out on a couple of choice pieces because of this problem.

Thanks again for your prompt response and diligence.

So wait, I'm not the odd man out here then? This is a known, widespread issue at the moment? I would hate to miss out on a couple of choice pieces because of this problem.

Thanks again for your prompt response and diligence.
    Just came here to say I too have had a problem with trying to pay through credit card, saying it can't take my payment information or something to that effect. I got my order through with paypal! Damn it should have came to the forums first, didn't see use the promo code, lol.

I love the store, definitely some cool stuff haven't seen before! The shirts are really cool - ordered a few going to see how they fit before ordering more. I agree with Japester for the most part on the Handyman shirt though the shirt color isn't my top pick the Handyman looks good on it. Working some overtime lately will help offset my spending spree!

Wow, $500 for the MoC replica? I would never have valued it over $150 maximum, probably costs more because of a smaller number made. Still, far too expensive for my novelty item tastes.

There is just too much awesome in that store.. I don't think I can handle it.

I agree with laforza, $500 is a bit too pricey for something that is going to sit on my shelf, at least for me. Though it is still pretty nice looking.

Quote Originally Posted by IGlegacy_Felonious View Post
    Just came here to say I too have had a problem with trying to pay through credit card, saying it can't take my payment information or something to that effect. I got my order through with paypal! Damn it should have came to the forums first, didn't see use the promo code, lol.

I love the store, definitely some cool stuff haven't seen before! The shirts are really cool - ordered a few going to see how they fit before ordering more. I agree with Japester for the most part on the Handyman shirt though the shirt color isn't my top pick the Handyman looks good on it. Working some overtime lately will help offset my spending spree!
    I can't even get the paypal option to work. This is breaking my heart. If I miss out on Andre Ryan because of these errors, I'm gonna be so bummed; you have no idea.

I've been trying all day long too.

Quote Originally Posted by laforzadimente View Post
    Wow, $500 for the MoC replica? I would never have valued it over $150 maximum, probably costs more because of a smaller number made. Still, far too expensive for my novelty item tastes.
    Here's the way I see it, if it was thumbded down cheap version of the limited MOC replica, I would say 100 dollars for something like that. Its one of the limited edition 400 which is autographed. I saw the PlayforJapan and an Animal hospital charity bottles go for over 1000 dollars. I've seen bottles not autographed go for over 500 dollars on ebay. Putting it any cheaper than what is, if I was one of those charity winners would probably be a bit hard to swallow even though the money went to charity and all, they probably wouldn't think remaining bottles could be had for 100-150 dollars if they had priced it at that. It's in effect a deal from what they have been going for but understand that it's not in everyone's price range who would want one.

My one concern is the location of the autographs, the animal hospital charity one had an autograph like on the face of the crow head which didn't look that good in my opinion, hopefully the autographs are positioned in a visible area but not taking away from the art of the bottle.

Edit in - I see a picture of the autographs show them on the bottom of the statue on the face of the base, so not visible, but preferable to something which would be all over the vigor bottle!
    Last edited by IGlegacy_Felonious; 05-30-2012 at 05:34 AM.

So some questions -

What items on the store you didn't expect or just really like? Three items - I wasn't totally expecting but think are pretty cool

I.G black logo t-shirt (Get to have the shirt in Black, not just the grey got at Pax East) - https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...K-IRR-LOGO-TEE

Bucking Bronco Vigor poster (Haven't seen these available anywhere before) - https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...-B2-BRONCO-POS

Bioshock Woven Chain Shirt (Like the color and the look!) - https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...2K-B2-CHAIN-LS

What would change if anything from the stuff available? The Bioshock hat is cool but would rather have one with the classic limited edition logo seen on this shirt - https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...-BIO2-LOGO-TEE on it, though may be too small of an area to display that logo, be interested in seeing how it looked.

The other thing is the Bucking Bronco poster is 18 by 24, with the lack of room personally wouldn't have mind something a bit smaller 16 by 20 or to that effect.

What isn't on the store which you would love to see? Bucking Bronco vigor bottle please!

I finally got my order to go through! Happy day!

I finally got my order to go through! Happy day!
    Congrats, Would you kindly jump up with joy?

I tell you what, I did not expect to see the Andrew Ryan figure at the store. I have been looking for that one for an extremely long time now. I had assumed that they were all spoken for at this point! This is a grail piece to be sure. It will match up perfectly with my Sander Cohen statue.

I presume that the Andrew Ryan figures that are currently up at the store are from the same original run of figures that were released ages ago, and not a new run of 200 figures.

Can someone confirm whether there are 200 total Andrew Ryan figures in existence please?

If there are only 200 total figures out there, then that would have to mean that they only have a precious handful of figures in stock at the store; certainly far fewer than 200. Remember, they already gave away a bunch of them to members of the press and some lucky fans.

If indeed there are only 200 total Andrew Ryan figures in existence, then I would guess that they actually only have 100 or maybe even fewer figures in stock.

Thanks again
    Last edited by MortalMonday; 05-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Just put in the order for the Andrew Ryan figure. Okay, MortalMonday brought up a good point. What's the story behind the Andrew Ryan figures? Are these limited to 200 or were these some left over from the gave-away.

I'm nervous now. I think i'm gonna be sick.

You could ask the same of the Murder of Crow bottles. I believe the original run on those was 400, just like the edition size mentioned on the store. My assumption is that both the Ryan figures and Vigor bottles are remnants of the original 200 and 400 item runs, respectively. Which means there are far less than 200 and 400 of each actually in stock.

I have a question about the Booker & Liz Spotlight poster. This may not matter to most people, but I am aware of at least two runs of these, done on very different material. The first run, given away at the PAX Prime 2011 booth, was done on a heavy, almost cardstock material. Sturdy, but very difficult to roll for shipping. A more recent run was done like a typical poster, on thinner paper that rolls easily. I assume these are from the more traditional second batch?

Considering the lofty price tag, I'm thinking that the Murder of Crows bottles must be from the same original run of bottles. Which then, as was mentioned by japester, must mean that they only have a handful of bottles in stock.

Still, I wish they would bring the price down a bit. $500 is just too much. If they could bring it down to $300, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

On another note, I am definitely looking forward to more Bioshock Infinite lithographs. The 15 year anniversary litho they have up now is nice, but it's a bit too static, if you get my meaning. Hopefully they churn out some killer pieces in the future.

I also hope they decide to release more propaganda posters. I like this one, for instance:

Aww man, this is awesome. Thanks for the store! I had no issues placing an order, except I forgot to submit for my discount. I'm nervous about the shipping of my art though.

I was not expecting all those cool clothes. I was really hoping to see something autographed by Robb Waters. Maybe in the future?

@Muskel - An autographed Robb Waters piece would be awesome!!!! Pretty much any limited lithos or art pieces would be high up on my wish list! Count me with you as far as being nervous with the shipment of anything that could be potentially damaged, here's hoping its packaged extremely well and my UPS driver is a kind soul who doesn't play soccer with his packages.

@MortalMonday - I agree on that propaganda poster (the more available to choose from the better!), I have my doubts on that one making it in an official product release. Can keep your fingers crossed though. I dig the 15 year anniversary litho, the pics might not be doing it justice, have it hanging up and always give it a glance while going past it to get a drink or something.

Everything the site says suggests the bottle and Ryan statue are from the original runs of production.

I heartily second that particular propaganda poster, MortalMonday! The minute I saw that one, I hoped they would sell it. But I can understand if they are hesitant to put something that controversial out there. You just know it would end up in the news, being taken totally out of context by some idiotic talking heads looking to fill their "news" quota.

Hey, that could be a new revenue stream in the future! Have a feature where your character can walk up to any piece of artwork in-game and tag it. That sends a signal to IG, which pulls the reference art (with an option to pull concept art instead!), prints it up on high quality paper, and ships it out to you.

So it looks like my order was processed twice. Last night, whilst in checkout, I got error 500, with no confirmation of any sort. I successfully placed my order today, checked my email, and there is 2 confirmation numbers.

I don't know who to contact. I don't see any help links, and IG.ratana is unable to have pm's sent. Any help here?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskel View Post
    So it looks like my order was processed twice. Last night, whilst in checkout, I got error 500, with no confirmation of any sort. I successfully placed my order today, checked my email, and there is 2 confirmation numbers.

I don't know who to contact. I don't see any help links, and IG.ratana is unable to have pm's sent. Any help here?
    If you click on the Contact button you can open a support ticket.. http://support.2k.com/anonymous_requests/new

This makes being broke all the more painful. Hopefully by the time I have money, some of the limited stuff still remains. Or they add a Songbird statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskel View Post

Hi Muskel, please PM me your order information and I'll have someone look into it.

Thank you FtRapture, not sure how I missed that. I sent a ticket and they already responded, and resolved the issue. I appreciate the help guys, and the great customer service!

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you were able to get it resolved!

I'm glad they jumped all over that, Muskel!

Since this appears to be the same company that the Take-Two store uses, I can say from experience that issues do crop up from time to time, so just keep that in mind and contact someone if you ever have a problem. It's not a huge operation like Amazon or anything.

I'm still waiting for the Skyhook replica so I can bonk my sister on the head with it.

I always figured the Skyhook would be a retail item, not something they would carry in their own specialty store.

But who knows? I'm still having a hard time getting a feel for the quality and intended market for the Skyhook (toy? collectible toy? high-end replica item?).

All other posters umm... though maybe neat to look at. I, however would prefer the propaganda poster(s). It's not for sale is it? it's not listed in the store. However, i do like the 15-Year Anniversary litho./signed. May i call dibs one of 'em?.

Is it just me talking about the ups ground shipping fixed price being a bit much?

International shipping is.....not fun. Someone brought something up to me earlier about how it was mentioned before that the MoC vigor was retailed a LOT cheaper before the store opened.

‎"8. Prizes. The Winner will have their design featured on a t-shirt distributed by Irrational Games to promote BioShock Infinite, and will receive a Murder of Crows Vigor Bottle) *Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $70."

I'd never approximate $70 to be $500. I'm lucky enough to have gotten one at the beginning of the campaign but I'm sorry, I think the price is outrageous even if the quality is amazing. A promotional item is usually won, given away or sold limited but at this price? It's going to boost the re-sale value through the roof. Once they're sold out, avid collectors that didn't have the money to begin with will be trying to buy them on Ebay and just like the original BioShock masks that 2K released, they'll go for up to $1,000 or more. Even the original BioShock LE with a big daddy statue that isn't broken is worth a small fortune.

The shirts are cool and the hoodie is cool, although it would be nice to see a pullover, but I just can't get my head around the cost of the bottle. There was a close friend of mine, also on the forums that I've been trying to get one for for almost year now, and there's no way I can afford that. Disappointed I guess.

So much of these things were given away in abundance at PAX and I'm just saddened that so many hardcore fans are missing out. It's not for me to judge what's fair and what's not, nor do I know the financial situation here, but I do know, the average gamer ends up selling or trading in old games to get new ones because prices are so high. How many people can really afford this?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    Is it just me talking about the ups ground shipping fixed price being a bit much?
    If it's the same fulfillment house the Take-Two store uses, then no, you wouldn't be the only one to mention it. I live in the US, and I remember that shipping made buying a single item prohibitive. So I'd usually try to order multiples when feasible and split the cost with local friends. Like I mentioned above, I'm guessing it's a low volume operation, so economies of scale may not apply.

Pre-
    The bottle never sold at retail. There are a host of reasons why IG may undervalue an item being given away. That has no bearing on what actual retail might be (if the item is ever eventually put up for sale). As for trying to support a "reasonable" secondary market--with potentially very few bottles in hand to sell--that's not feasible.

I'm not sure I understand the "given away in abundance at PAX" comment. Are you still talking about the bottles? I don't recall that.

I'm going to have to side with Precarious on this one, the Murder of Crows Vigor bottle is really really neat, and the signatures certainly increase the value of it, but a $500 price point is slightly absurd. I mean, consider that things like the NECA Portal Gun, the Alduin statue from the Skyrim CE, and the Marcus Fenix Statue from the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition all came in at less than $150; I'm even having trouble finding prop replicas from The Noble Collection that cross the $500 threshold (The solid gold One Ring comes close, but it's also, you know, solid gold.)

Again, the limited run and the signatures increase the value, but still I think anything more than $250 for this is grossly overpriced considering similar items and their prices.

$500 is a steal for the MoC Bottle for 2 reasons:1. There are only going to be 400 of this limited run(granted we don't know how many were given out in swag) 2. It is signed by all the creative geniuses behind the infinite if not the entire series.
    If you have ever been to a Con you know you pay for signatures. Given that most signatures these days run from 60$-120$(depending on the celeb) let's break it down: Say the bottle was 250$/ you are only paying roughly 62.50$ for each of their signatures.
    So, I say again, a steal... now to go rob a bank and buy one of these bad boys/girls...

Illusion-

I'm far from an expert on game swag. But I do know general collectibles and statues (I own well over 100 Bowen Designs statues and busts, for example). Edition size matters a lot. Original intent matters a lot. And construction is paramount. I just bought the Alduin "statue", and although I haven't unpacked it yet, I do believe it's just hollow plastic (like most game CE deluxe items). I haven't seen the Fenix statue up close, but there are surely far more than 400 in circulation. And I believe the planned edition of the Portal Gun is also higher, yes? The fact that the MoC bottle was intended as a press item, was made in extremely limited quantities, and was constructed of some of the highest quality materials I've ever seen for a game item/statue all increase the cost. If they were $100, I imagine whatever quantity they had would have been sold out by the end of the day and ended up in resellers' hands anyway. Possibly with an even higher price tag than we're seeing now, since auctions value them right around $500 or higher. The market for BioShock items isn't infinite (no pun intended). It may be hard to envision, but a higher starting price may actually sour speculators, leaving the "real fans" to snap these up when they can afford them.

For a recent example, compare them to PAX tickets. Speculators snapped them up at $70 and resold them for hundreds. If the price of PAX was hundreds to begin with, you'd see less speculation because not as many people would be likely to spend thousands for a ticket.

Don't get me wrong. If I really wanted a bottle and the price was stopping me, I'd be disappointed. But at the end of the day it isn't a retail item. It's a cool remnant from their press campaign that is being made available to us. Irrational is well within their rights to charge whatever they feel is appropriate.

riculf-

There's at least a little truth to that argument. I don't believe in paying for anyone's autograph, so I can't say what the going rate is. But I know that many of the fans I met at NYCC were shocked to learn that Ken, Courtnee, and Troy weren't charging anything. As I walked the line, people kept asking the price, expecting $20+ at least. Telling them that both the poster and the signatures were all free was one of my favorite duties.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast