Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 man tourney #3

8 man tourney #3

Standard rules of fair play established in other round robin tourneys apply. there will be no oxford. each player will play 2 games against the other 7 members. all civs must be used once, with the exception of china and america. after the 14 games are completed the top 4 players will move on to the playoff rounds. the 1 and 4 seed, and the 2 and 3 seed will meet each other in best of 3 series. the winners will then meet in a best of 5 for the championship. civs used in the 1st playoff round will not be eligible in the final series. the higher seed in playoff matches will host the 1st, 3rd, and 5th games. ties between the 1-4 seeds will be broken via head to head record. if ties can't be broken in this manner the higher seed will be determined by a h2h matchup (ffa if more than 2 are tied). all ties in which to lower seed does not make the playoff will be determined by h2h or ffa play.
    participation is open to all board members, regardless of statis in other tourney brackets. all i ask is that entrants effort to complete matches asap.
    any and all disputes will be mediated by the tourney host (me in this case).

I propose a new rule regarding upgrading units. There are so many speculations on this rule it can easily be misinterpreted so I will make it simple. If a unit is attacking another single unit and is getting upgraded then that unit should not be attacked while it is getting upgraded, if you can attack it after it has moved that is fine. If you are attacking a city or stacked units and you are upgrading then you will undoubtedly lose the button race so thats just the way it goes. This goes for units attacking single units and then upgrading. Everything else that has been allowed will be allowed including rushing units in a city that is being attacked by an upgrading unit. If the majority agrees I will implement this, if not fine.

1. ITz DENI3D
    2. Dukeblue1987
    3. Danthechan
    4.Mawpawk
    5.Grizleytigers4
    6.Multiplayabeast
    7.Digitalpackrat
    8.Flash Bang Over
    Last edited by ITZ DENI3D; 06-02-2012 at 09:46 AM.

ITz DENI3D 9-5

Dukeblue1987: Mongols(W) Russians(L)
    Danthechan: Greeks(W) Egypt(W)
    Mawpawk: Aztecs(W) Indians(L)
    Grizzleytigers4: French(L) Japan(W)
    Multiplayabeast: Germans(W) Spanish(L)
    Digitalpackrat: Arabs(W) Zulu(L)
    Flash Bang Over: English(W) Romans(W)

Dukeblue1987 8-6

ITz DENI3D: Mongols(L) Germans(W)
    Danthechan: Aztecs(W) Spanish(W)
    Mawpawk: Arabs(L) Zulu(W)
    Grizzleytigers4: Russia(W) French(L)
    Multiplayabeast: Japan(L) Egypt(W)
    Digitalpackrat: Greeks(L) Romans(W)
    Flash Bang Over: English(W) Indians(L)

Danthechan 1-12

ITz DENI3D: Japan(L) Indians(L)
    Dukeblue1987: Egypt(L) Zulu(L)
    Mawpawk: Russians(L) Aztecs(L)
    Grizzleytigers4: Germans(L) Spain(L)
    Multiplayabeast: English(W) Romans(L)
    Digitalpackrat: Greeks(L) Arabs(L)
    Flash Bang Over: Mongol(L)

Mawpawk 8-6

ITz DENI3D: Mongols(L) Spanish(W)
    Dukeblue1987: Zulu(W) Aztecs(L)
    Danthechan: Egyptians(W) French(W)
    Grizzleytigers4: Indians(W) Germans(W)
    Multiplayabeast: Arabs(W) English(W)
    Digitalpackrat: Greeks(L) Romans(L)
    Flash Bang Over: Russians(L) Japan(L)

Grizzleytigers4 9-5

ITz DENI3D: Egypt(W) Greeks(L)
    Dukeblue1987: French(L) Russia(W)
    Danthechan: Romans(W) English(W)
    Mawpawk: Aztecs(L) Arabs(L)
    Multiplayabeast: Mongols(W) Japan(L)
    Digitalpackrat: Zulu(W) Spain(W)
    Flash Bang Over: Indians(W) Germans(W)

Multiplayabeast 8-6

ITz DENI3D: English(L) Germans(W)
    Dukeblue1987: Greeks(L) Egypt(W)
    Danthechan: Romans(L) Zulu(W)
    Mawpawk: Indians(L) Russia(L)
    Grizzleytigers4: Mongols(L) Japan(W)
    Digitalpackrat: Aztecs(W) Spanish(W)
    Flash Bang Over: French(W) Arabs(W)

Digitalpackrat 6-8

ITz DENI3D: Zulu(L) Spanish(W)
    Dukeblue1987: Egypt(W) Indians(L)
    Danthechan: French(W) Mongols(W)
    Mawpawk: Arabs(W) Germans(W)
    Grizzleytigers4: Greeks(L) Romans(L)
    Multiplayabeast: English(L) Aztecs(L)
    Flash Bang Over: Japan(L) Russia(L)

Flash Bang Over 6-7

ITz DENI3D: Aztecs(L) French(L)
    Dukeblue1987: Germans(L) Spanish(W)
    Danthechan: Mongol(W)
    Mawpawk: Egypt(W) Indians(W)
    Grizzleytigers4: English(L) Japan(L)
    Multiplayabeast: Greeks(L) Arabs(L)
    Digitalpackrat: Russia(W) Zulu(W)
    Last edited by ITZ DENI3D; 06-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.

I will play if allow but again, I will be on vacation from 6/15 to 6/25. So I would have 2 weeks. Understandable if you don't want me to play.

As for the upgrading thing.... it's way too confusing for me. I think a good rule of thumb is that any rule that you cannot explain in 10 words or less is too complicated for everyone to abide by.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1987 View Post
    I will play if allow but again, I will be on vacation from 6/15 to 6/25. So I would have 2 weeks. Understandable if you don't want me to play.

As for the upgrading thing.... it's way too confusing for me. I think a good rule of thumb is that any rule that you cannot explain in 10 words or less is too complicated for everyone to abide by.
    As long as you promise not to make it to the finals The problem I have is it really isn't any different than killing a unit that is upgrading taking a barb so I don't think that should be a rule either. What I'm proposing is basically the same as the rule about not stealing a barb while a unit is upgrading...

Its fine by me... it doesn't happen very often anyways. In fact I can't remember ever doing it to someone else so I guess the rule benifits me.

Its fine by me... it doesn't happen very often anyways. In fact I can't remember ever doing it to someone else so I guess the rule benifits me.
    Ya pretty sure its very rare, first time it has happened to me to.

i'm in. the more common upgrade glitch is one i used yesterday. my pike loses to an aztec WA 4.5-6. heck yeah i rushed another one while he was upgrading. his stupid army shouldn't have been celebrating their victory outside. breach the gates and then celebrate with the greek women.

id like a spot plz

Quote Originally Posted by Mawpawk View Post
    id like a spot plz
    Good. I'm lookin forward to giving you an old fashioned USA butt whoopin

For those of you who dont know this duke is playing dumb.........ok....Rule: No upgrade glitching: explanation in 10 words or less: no attacking an upgrading unit or taking its rightful tile!

oh yea.....Im in fo' sho'

Only 3 spots left....Packrat has been working all day but told me over the phone to post saying he wanted a spot....so thats 6 out of 8 already...another typical 8man...these things are hot

I should be around tonight to lay the smack down. Need to get my games in quick.

Im in all day, everyday!

sign me up

Well we are starting...whoever wants the 8th spot take it and join the powow

Good. I'm lookin forward to giving you an old fashioned USA butt whoopin
    you needa move outa Kansas dorothy! ask that wizard for sum nutz

RoundHouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHTo...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Mawpawk View Post
    you needa move outa Kansas dorothy! ask that wizard for sum nutz

RoundHouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHTo...eature=related
    Stop talking smack or I'll have to bring Abe Lincoln back to kick yo ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2Zf9tlg2Y

me vs duke

my zulu vs arabs win
    my aztec vs zulu lose

me vs multi

my arabs vs indians win
    my english vs russians win

3-1

Blades and I split. My French lost to his Egyptians. My Japs beat his Greeks.

Duke and I split. My Mongols beat his Mongols. My Russians lost to his Germans.

I'm 4-4 with 4 splits.

My Russia beats blades French
    Blades French beat my Russia

Mawpawks Zulu beat my Arabs
    My Zulu beat Mawpawks Aztec

Multi's Egypt beat my Japs
    My Egypt beats Multi's Greeks

Denieds Mongols beat my Mongols
    My Germans beat Denieds Russia

I'm 4-4 with 4 splits.

My Russia beats blades French
    Blades French beat my Russia
    OK so what really happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ITZ DENI3D View Post
    OK so what really happened?
    Lol sorry. My Russia beat his French. His Russia beat my French.

I went 2-4 in my opening games. Lost to Duke's Egypt cause he had collosus and my Greeks lost their WA to the Zulu. My Egyptians pretty just crazy out teched Duke's Japanese. Lost Mongol vs Mongol to Blades due to him finding 7 cities of gold at like 3600 bc while settler walking. I beat Blades Japs with my Japs as his HA lost 9-5 to my archer vs his HA. He never quit so I just outteched him, got scrilla and the force. Then I face Mawpawk, Indians vs his Arabs and he galley drops me while I got bronze working from my first barb. Next game, My russia vs his English and we meet like 3900 bc. We both had no gold but he got money from his first barb and I got bronze working again? He then takes out the Spanish and I didn't even want to try.

Can I try this or is it all american based players?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Bang Over View Post
    Sure. Hopefully you don't have to many scheduling problems with U.S. players though? If you do we may have to choose someone else. Otherwise GL

You are more than welcome to play. Lets try to get our games in this weekend because I usually have some of the most problems scheduling with the euro guys.

My Aztecs beat Maw's Mongols.
    My Indians lost to Maw's Spanish.

My English best Flash's Aztecs.
    My Romans beat Flash's French.

Kept my splitting trend alive.

My english beat Flash's Germans
    Flash's Spanish beat my Indians.

The indian game was I really good game but i couldnt make it happen. I got a decent start with KT taking out the Russians and then later the Mongols (and then WAYYY later the Zulu). But he started across the map and got 7 cities at 1200 BC. I predicted he attack right and had legions but it wasn't enough so he took a few cities with a vet galleon fleet and about 4 vet legion armies plus archers and militia. I was able to drag the game on for about another hour with knights but it was no use. The galleons are way to powerful since they add to both attack and defense. He GB EiTC too. I new I needed steam before he attacked me but a GS never showed up (I got a GH and a useless GA). I think it was very well played on both sides. Spanish are just so hard to defend against.

Ok, first - sorry if I upset anyone? Wasn't sure who was playing who.

Vs mawpawk. The second. My indians beat his japan. Short but lots of warriors. Thought I was going to lose but managed to defend from his two armies then I took it to him. We both had suspect capitals but his was worse :-).

The first I need some advice. My Egyptians against Russians. First attempt I get 25g and settle 3700 with hgb. Mawpawk ask restart.

Next I settle early with oracle. First horse army takes 3 pop london for monarchy and my second is working on Washington 4 pop. Easy with oracle. I have taken a settler from london and settled dye and just have my 100 gold when mawpawk freezes. I invite back but ai has moved his KT. So he gives in. Obviously id like the win but if a replay is the norm I have no problem either?

My games with its denied were really bad. I walk wrong way with Aztec and only get like 2 barbs. Close to 2000 before I find indians and take them then he kills my horse army. Game over.

With france our settlers meet and he has gold. I run but find nothing.

German game I got no gold and was kind of trapped north of london. Called it.

The spain india game was really good. Lots of battles. A tough start, far away from everything and lost my first warrior army to Zulu 5.5-3. Being far turned out good though when I found 7c. Duke had no easy access to me. Gave me time to build empire. I struck just in time I think. He played it really well. I would have lost this with any civ other than spanish.

Dan, can't find you on anyone's list?

I'm sorry Mawpawk but two game Flash has to start over because of something bad on your side.... Bang should get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post
    I'm sorry Mawpawk but two game Flash has to start over because of something bad on your side.... Bang should get the win.
    Well the first restart wasn't anything bad that happened, just an island for him

Why dont you hop on and play me

About 2 hours before I can get back on.

About 2 hours before I can get back on.
    Its a date Meg

Dan, can't find you on anyone's list?
    I think his GT is coolhandlewke, not dantechan.

yea i gt no problem taking the loses 2 flash, i tried 2 call the island restart earlier than 3700 ithink but i didnt have my mic on or it took awhile for flash 2 text back? and then that stuoopid freeze teleported my kt and militia 10 tiles away with dumb auto-moves...hopefully the worst games i will have in the tourney!

Me and my first game with Flash

I was the French while he was the Greeks. I started off decent settling next to wheat and getting my 100g before Flash. He met me with a horse that killed two of my warriors but other than that we didn't have any more problems until much later. I had met the English and the Chinese starting Americans. I got about another 100g off the English as they brought me a caravan and took out some other barb. I noticed that Flash stayed in Despotism for awhile and couldn't really understand why but then I realized a bit later as he was trying to get his first gp and then he pick up SoC thereafter.

Im in the lead in tech surprisingly and got 4 cities. I didn't have the funds to mass expand and there wasn't much room for me to expand. I went for republic and got to navi first so I was able to have 6 cities in whole. I kept up in tech as best as could as he gb'd EITC and switched back into demo. I don't know how many cities he had but he was sure enough teching fast. He gs'd industry and then converts one of my cities in which I take back. He then goes into fundy and takes one of my other cities close to my cap. I'm in bigger trouble when I see the cruisers. He didn't have mad money yet as he didn't form the CruisA until like 6 or 7 turns later. I'm trying to build a defense that can handle him as I had a GL in my barracks city with roads going to all cities.

I on the low now take Athens with elite CA and LA. I then take a city not far to get Steam and it has a barracks. I needed now just some time to get me a CA to take a one shot at his CruisA. He takes over a English city and then comes for my barracks city but the one thing I had on my side was Paris culture keeping him from healing the KA. I get another GP and it is a GH(My second in the dang game!) that I use late for really not much purpose. I get my CruisA together and it goes straight for his CruisA next to Parisl I kill it and Flash quits. I truly would have lost this game not I built a force to take Athens and his barracks city as his bonuses later was better than mine and I didn't have the market or anything for money.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast