Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E3 2012

Rargh... There was just a demo for Spec Ops (a new one). It ended at a point where I both want to see more and I'm currently very concerned for the guy that's become my favorite character.

I can't wait three weeks to find out what happens.

With only a few more weeks to go not watching that, sounds like potentially big spoilers.

Just read the wiiU wireless pad has 3-5 hrs battery life then 2+ hours to charge, so the wireless pad will probably have to be plugged in most of the time, presumably that screen saps all the power... I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugue View Post
    With only a few more weeks to go not watching that, sounds like potentially big spoilers.
    There's hints, nothing actually happened. 2K David made me stay and watch... I bet he's cackling evilly at the booth, but I would reccommend not watching. It looked like it was pretty far along in the game. Still, it looks just as awesome as the other demo (much darker, as the story has progressed a lot more at that point) but just as amazing. I can't wait for it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ake-big-daddy/

Equally exciting of course is the announcement of two new characters: UNCHARTED’s Nathan Drake and BioShock’s Big Daddy. Nathan Drake is a true PlayStation star known to never miss an opportunity for adventure, making him a perfect addition to our roster. Big Daddy’s introduction may come as a surprise, but we think he’s a character that typifies the celebration that is PlayStation All-Stars. This deep sea giant packs a serious punch when he’s angry, offering a fun play style that’s fresh and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dukenator View Post
    The only characters that will make me consider getting this game are Jak & Daxter, I do find it funny however that a character that was originally only on 360 and PC is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by I-ChooseTheImpossible View Post
    ...I do find it funny however that a character that was originally only on 360 and PC is in the game.
    Yeah, I can't say I understand that at all. I've never even played it on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Yeah, I can't say I understand that at all. I've never even played it on the PS3.
    You never played BioShock on PS3? I have, its good. It does have the PS3 exclusive Challenge Rooms, which Elizabeth stated that they had no plans to bring it to other platforms. The demo for it is on PSN.

You never played BioShock on PS3? I have, its good. It does have the PS3 exclusive Challenge Rooms, which Elizabeth stated that they had no plans to bring it to other platforms. The demo for it is on PSN.
    That's not the point, the point is a game like this should be full of exclusive characters, much like SSB (excluding Snake and Sonic in Brawl, but I never use them.)

I've played it on every other platform and I've never had much interest in the Challenge Rooms (watched a small playthrough and lost interest). That wasn't the point of my post, though.

Due to work I fell a bit behind during E3 but I'm finally caught up, here's my impressions.

–Despite being horribly misguided and confusing E3 for CES Microsoft did show some interesting things, they just didn't really bother to address why they matter for gamers. SmartGlass specifically looks like it could have some neat implementations for games and allow for the same kind of gameplay opportunities that Nintendo is offering with the Wii U Gamepad. Also 343 looks like they're adding some new flavor to Halo which is exciting because Bungie felt like they were phoning it in by the end (at least on the single player side of things). Definitely the weakest press conference of the Big 3, though.

–EA's conference was snoresville. Literally no games had any appeal to me (aside from Dead Space 3 which I skipped because I'm still working on finishing the first).

–Ubisoft's conference was a bit annoying, but they had the best games on display by far. FarCry 3, Rayman: Legends, Assassin's Creed III, and especially Watch Dogs. Definitely added some new games to my watch list after this conference.

–I made the mistake of watching the Sony conference after I had already tucked myself into bed and ended up sleeping through parts of it. From what I saw, though, it seemed fairly straight forward. A couple new IPs, some sequels, but nothing really groundbreaking. The Last of Us was definitely the highlight of Sony's. They beat out Microsoft because they managed to remember that E3 is actually about video games, but nothing impressed me too terribly much at this one.

–Finally, Nintendo. Nintendo's had the most interesting new things of any of the Big 3, but the whole thing was hampered by the fact that the Wii U feels like a console that should have come out in 2006. They're doing some very interesting things with it, but it just feels like the guy who shows up for the party after all the other guests have started heading home and the host is already taking down the decorations. I've said from the beginning that the Wii U is Nintendo's Dreamcast, and E3 2012 has only solidified that position.

So in summary, Microsoft and Sony were kind of phoning it in in order to buy themselves some time before they have anything real to announce for the next console generation, while Nintendo is trying to play catch up by releasing a brand new console with 6 year old hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I've played it on every other platform and I've never had much interest in the Challenge Rooms (watched a small playthrough and lost interest). That wasn't the point of my post, though.
    I have no plans to get it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I-ChooseTheImpossible View Post
    That's not the point, the point is a game like this should be full of exclusive characters, much like SSB (excluding Snake and Sonic in Brawl, but I never use them.)
    So you would buy every version of a game just to have all exclusive characters?

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    So in summary, Microsoft and Sony were kind of phoning it in in order to buy themselves some time before they have anything real to announce for the next console generation, while Nintendo is trying to play catch up by releasing a brand new console with 6 year old hardware.
    E3 gets bigger and better every year, doesn't it?

Good write up with more detail about WAtch Dogs here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-in-your-palm

Sounds amazing and very ambitious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12