Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial 1.0.1.705 Bug Thread

Unofficial 1.0.1.705 Bug Thread

This thread is for bugs present in the Windows version 1.0.1.705 of Civilization V, including Gods and Kings.

Please report bugs that you have taken the time to be able to reproduce. Post, as accurately as you can, those steps that reproduce the bug. If you have a particular save-game to go along with the bug, especially a save-game that produces a crash, then you can upload your save-game file to a free hosting service such as MediaFire and provide a link to the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/

Previous thread: Link

Patch notes can be found: Here
    Last edited by headkase; 07-05-2012 at 05:22 AM.

I don't own G&K's yet, is it in CiV or is it its own program? If it is in G&K then bugs for that should be in this bug-thread too?

Quote Originally Posted by headkase View Post
    I don't own G&K's yet, is it in CiV or is it its own program? If it is in G&K then bugs for that should be in this bug-thread too?
    It's in CiV - it acts like dlc.

Bug: unit cycling and automatic scrolling of the screen remains when "Auto Unit Cycle" is disabled within interface options.

I did some tests and this seems to be the behavior of the bug:

1) Your screen will always auto-cycle and scroll to the first unit at the beginning of the turn. For any units following the first, the auto-cycle is properly disabled so that you can click on whatever you like or cycle manually.

2) The first unit you build, either a scout or warrior for example, will become the new go-to unit that it scrolls to first every turn. If you build more, the game will still cycle to the first one built at the beginning of turns.

3) When you complete certain actions which require attention; choosing a new build in a city once one completes, choosing a policy, choosing a new tech once one is researched; the game will, again, auto-cycle and scroll to the unit who's next in line - it isn't properly disabled.

So, the beginning of your turn it'll always scroll to the first unit and after certain actions it'll always scroll to the next unit. Those instances seem to be ignoring that the Auto Unit Cycle setting is disabled and they bypass it.

When you're accustomed to playing the game without automatic unit cycling, it's really frustrating to have the screen jump around uncontrollably and disrupt your play.

I absolutely hate that auto scrolling, when my turn begins I go to a unit I want to move or a city I want to look at, and click on it, but what does the game do? Scrolls all the way to the other side of the map so I can look at my scout or warrior doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    It's in CiV - it acts like dlc.
    Right on. Thanks, didn't know for sure. Updating first post.

When two spies steal a technology at the exact same turn, the player gets the benefit of only one stolen technology - both spies, however, get levelled up and (possibly) let the player benefit from Intrigue.

Below is a link to a game saved one turn before this happens. The save uses the PerfectWorld3 mod, but as the mod only alters map generation, the bug should be present in unmodded games as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e5l9mdtfd213kwa

Exclamation

Major Bug in Hot Seat Mode

When you end your turn, you'll hear the voice audio for the technology/Wonders the next player just finished researching/building. For example, in my 3-player game, The Aztecs follow me in turn order. After I ended my turn and the "Next Player's Turn!" screen appeared, I heard the audio for Steam Power, which The Aztecs had just finished researching.

It's easily reproduced by starting a 2-player Hot Seat game and playing both civs. It's a major game breaker for Hot Seat games, including games played via GMR.

If possible, I'd recommend disabling all audio after a Hot Seat player's ended his turn. Why? Because even the non-voice audio that plays at the start of a player's turn provides a gameplay advantage to the player who just ended his turn. For example, when a Great Person's born, the game plays a unique audio.

Note: I reported this bug in the 1.01.674 thread, but it hasn't been fixed. So I'm posting it, again, here.

In multiplayer with quick combat disabled, playing cooperatively with my girlfriend on the same team, my camera always cycles to each and every one of her battles and vice versa.

It's pretty evident that this is not necessary since I can still quickly click on the next action in my event queue and process it while the battle continues.

I can't see this as anything but a bug since it's highly distracting particularly when I'm in the middle of moving a unit with the mouse. It will snap the camera to her battle and I need to keep the RMB down and scroll back to my unit to release. If I don't, the unit moves to where her battle was... The distracting nature of the problem is exacerbated when we're both assaulting some city with multiple units.

In a single player game, on researching Satellites and revealing the map, the resource yields per tile are incorrect. Some tiles lose their resource yield display, others have two overlapping and others are displaying the wrong values. There's something wrong with how the game computes where the yield values should show on the screen. This only occurs after revealing the full map. Reloading the game does not fix the problem.

Unit sorting doesnt work. If you sort by name then upgrade a unit the whole list resorts in a seemingly random way. Was given some help to find and add sortchildren lines into one of the lua files but found the lines already in a sort function.

On a duel map (any number of players as well), if you research and build the United Nations wonder for diplomatic victory, you're at a disadvantage since you get 2 votes and you can't vote for yourself, nor can you abstain from voting.

Maxing out the Rationalism tree in G & K (possibly in vanilla Civ V as well) and then switching to Piety, then back to Rationalism grants you 2 free techs for 'completing Rationalism'. I guess this bug exists within the other trees as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ander01se View Post
    On a duel map (any number of players as well), if you research and build the United Nations wonder for diplomatic victory, you're at a disadvantage since you get 2 votes and you can't vote for yourself, nor can you abstain from voting.
    The free vote should always count for you, not give you another one that you can't use on yourself.

We found a bug multiplayer bug. In private multi game if im setting up the game (for example huge map, small continent no city stae) and launching, after a few turn the game is loading himself agin, but tehy puting up new luxury rescourses and he changchnig the map into tiny iland and hes putting city -states in the game. So its a verry wierd bug in multiplayer mode.

check this Iroqui Legion when i first saw it i thought that caesar gifted to him, but surprise!!!! Caesar was not in the game......

Thumbs down

I found a bug that shows mountains only on Strategic View of map.
    Note the two images below from the same location.

In the first one you can't see the mountain there, although the game shows 'Mountain' as "feature popup explanation";
    In the second picture, at Strategic View, the mountains are there.

The savegame to check it out: http://goo.gl/tiBb5

Can someone confirm with my savegame?

Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by jpbar81 View Post
    Bug: unit cycling and automatic scrolling of the screen remains when "Auto Unit Cycle" is disabled within interface options.

I did some tests and this seems to be the behavior of the bug:

1) Your screen will always auto-cycle and scroll to the first unit at the beginning of the turn. For any units following the first, the auto-cycle is properly disabled so that you can click on whatever you like or cycle manually.

2) The first unit you build, either a scout or warrior for example, will become the new go-to unit that it scrolls to first every turn. If you build more, the game will still cycle to the first one built at the beginning of turns.

3) When you complete certain actions which require attention; choosing a new build in a city once one completes, choosing a policy, choosing a new tech once one is researched; the game will, again, auto-cycle and scroll to the unit who's next in line - it isn't properly disabled.

So, the beginning of your turn it'll always scroll to the first unit and after certain actions it'll always scroll to the next unit. Those instances seem to be ignoring that the Auto Unit Cycle setting is disabled and they bypass it.

When you're accustomed to playing the game without automatic unit cycling, it's really frustrating to have the screen jump around uncontrollably and disrupt your play.
    U r so right. The most annoying bug ever. What should we do?

In GAK 1.0.1.705 You can declare war, use your units to attack city state to get experience or capture city state and next sign a peace. All in one turn without city state reaction, turn after turn. There is no permanent war. You can do it allover again. The only one consequence is that you will not get a quest from such CS, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefliqus View Post
    In GAK 1.0.1.705 You can declare war, use your units to attack city state to get experience or capture city state and next sign a peace. All in one turn without city state reaction, turn after turn. There is no permanent war. You can do it allover again. The only one consequence is that you will not get a quest from such CS, nothing more.
    There are far harsher ramifications to that action than you realize

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumTarantino View Post
    There are far harsher ramifications to that action than you realize
    ???.................

Culture Overflow!

I'm guessing a city can't grow its borders beyond a 5-tile radius.

Which is fine but the game should handle that limit a little more gracefully than this:
    '7,262/390 towards border growth (-11 Turns )'

i have found 2 bugs too ,

1-You dont get resources from city-states if they are on an other island , you get the luxus goods but no resources

2-Your construction teams if you put them on self upgrade they some times dont upgrade your citys. The travle on the map to some recources you dont own and back or to other players an build only 1 street in the middle of nowhere. Its a bit exhausting if you wonder where your workers ar and 5 of them are on the way to nowhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by Exilog View Post
    1-You dont get resources from city-states if they are on an other island , you get the luxus goods but no resources
    Yes, you do. I assure you that there is some other explanation in these cases. For example, if the CS doesn't have the tech for the resource, you won't get it from them.

Or the CS may not have improved the resource yet

Quote Originally Posted by Strudo76 View Post
    Or the CS may not have improved the resource yet
    Our they have improved it but not got the required tech to discover it. I had a frustrating 20+ turn wait for my pet CS to catch up start sending me much needed Aluminium in my last game. At first I was confused, given it is quite an opaque system, but I deduced this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    Yes, you do. I assure you that there is some other explanation in these cases. For example, if the CS doesn't have the tech for the resource, you won't get it from them.
    This was what i thougt too , so i waited so long that they are in the industrial ages too , but nothing happends .
    i Waited about 100 Rounds but nothing happend...

Combat odds and tool tip say unit is there, but it isn't displayed. If I attack the unit with the crossbow the graphic will show the attack taking place on the city tile.

Save game available if required, however I suspect loading a save game will render the unit correctly.

With G&K you pay a city state to improve a resource if they don't have the tech for it yet. This will give you access to the resource.

Quote Originally Posted by dennylc View Post
    With G&K you pay a city state to improve a resource if they don't have the tech for it yet. This will give you access to the resource.
    No, they still need the Tech, IIRC the option to pay for improving it isn't available when they don't. Plus in my situation there was already a mine on the Al.

Atillas Horse Archers does not count as mounted units when being produced and does not benefit from the stables extra 15% production. Also spearmen does not appear to have any combat bonuses against them. It says that they are mounted in the civiliopedia .

Quote Originally Posted by Slin View Post
    Atillas Horse Archers does not count as mounted units when being produced and does not benefit from the stables extra 15% production. Also spearmen does not appear to have any combat bonuses against them. It says that they are mounted in the civiliopedia .
    I think that might have to do with the units not requiring horses to be developed, but the game recognizes all the elephant units as such so I don't know it's just a guess. (I for one found it humorous the first time I built "horse" archers without actually needing horses)

Quote Originally Posted by Slin View Post
    I believe the same is true of all mounted ranged units.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    I believe the same is true of all mounted ranged units.
    I just tested it and this is true. I guess an argument can be made that the chariot archers are not mounted since no one is actually riding the horse but it still says in the civiliopedia that the chariot archer is vulnerable to spearmen, which is false. However the horse archer is clearly mounted.

Wouldn't a thread like this be more effective if someone compiles all the bugs on the first post of it?

Here are a bit more bugs:

* Barbarians can move the turn that they spawn in multiplayer. This is very annoying and only happens in multiplayer.
    * You can detect enemy submarines within move range by pressing 'm' with a naval unit, all the sea hexes containing an enemy submarines will be marked red.
    * Often the game says "A unit needs orders" when no unit needs orders then magically after a few seconds or if you actually select any unit it changes to "Next turn".

With regards to City-State quests, the icons that represent killing barbarian units (burning city) and destroying barbarian encampments (crossed swords) are switched. A burning city icon should represent destroying barbarian encampments (much like it did for destroying City-States pre-G&K) and a crossed swords icon should represent destroying barbarian units.

Hi, the game from this save crash after I click on "next turn" .

After capturing an enemy missionary, trying to use him to spread your religion on your capital just spread the enemy's religion.

Quote Originally Posted by malkaviano View Post
    After capturing an enemy missionary, trying to use him to spread your religion on your capital just spread the enemy's religion.
    To me the bug is the fact you can capture them at all.
    AFAIK every other GP is destroyed and Settlers morph in to Workers.

Edit: Would also just like to highlight this Rock of Gibraltar bug (posted 19 March 2011) is still about:
    Quote Originally Posted by qqqqqq View Post
    Tile next to rock of gibraltar is often bugged. 1. 2.

Since the enemy missionary is created to spread its religion rather than yours, this is not really a bug.

The black hole (bermuda triangle?) tiles are still with us in GaK..I thought they would fix this issue but I'm still getting black tiles inside my cultural borders or sometimes just on the edge. Whenever a unit enters the black tiles it disappears temporarily until it comes back out. Very annoying bug especially when it interferes with battle, these tiles can appear anywhere, land or water, and have been with us since a vanilla patch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast