Thread: im on count down!!!!

Talking im on count down!!!!

thats my pre-order ordered an im counting the days till i can finaly teach these aliens not to mess with my earth
    or so i hope

big thanks to whoevers idea it was to include the orignal "flat top" guy for pre-orders

just have one point for your sales guys, tell em to get a grip on sites like game/shopto ect as they got this game mixed with the fps shooter version O.o lol

also is there going to be a terror from the deep remake as well???? that could be intresting lol

many thanks guys im looking forwards to playing your hard work

I have not pre-ordered mine, Special edition (with poster and stuff) is nowhere to be found in a gameshop that's located in europe and able to send the game to Holland. Im no Steam user and if steam is going to be the only way to pre-order than i just wait till release and buy it in a gameshop. A friend of my works at this big electronics store (office work responsible for buying in stuff) and also sells games and she normally brings me the games i want, but she cant find the SE in the list of games they can order so im expecting the worst.

That being said, im buying it anyways *insert futurama jpg with any char throwing money and text "here have my money"*
    Can't wait either to play this game, from all that i have seen i think im going to enjoy it alot.

what about game or shopto.net?
    i think shopto ship in europe O.o
    im in the uk btw so i feel you pain lol our relase date is 12th ive heard

EDIT have a look at play.com

Yea play.com i used before

But its not the special edition as in Poster and all that, im a huge X-com fan wouldnt call the poster being a vital thing but i would love to have it so i just wait a bit.

We do get the 12th of Oct. release.
    Its ok i can wait those 3 days more (i can't but got no choice )

Glad I'm not the only one! This is my favorite time. The waiting, I know the game's going to be good, I know I'm going to get goosebumps as I click NEW GAME, and I know I'm going to be like a little kid at Christmas Oct. 9th. So ☺☺☺☺in' excited.

How about Amazon ? Do they ship to Holland ?

Edit: just realized that AmishPanda Necro posted. DerrHans may have pre-ordered by now.

I gave up on the special edition. All the local shops in Oz only have the stnd version for pre-order so that is the path I have gone. If I have to stuff around to get the special edition of a game then I will keep my money and just get the stnd version.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzD View Post
    I gave up on the special edition. All the local shops in Oz only have the stnd version for pre-order so that is the path I have gone. If I have to stuff around to get the special edition of a game then I will keep my money and just get the stnd version.
    I'm sure it will pop up in Ebay, if you really want it.

Yea, cheers mate. I figgure once I have the game that is the main thing, if I really want to get the special Ed I can search later. Woulda been nice to get the extras but only part I really need is that DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhab View Post
    How about Amazon ? Do they ship to Holland ?

Edit: just realized that AmishPanda Necro posted. DerrHans may have pre-ordered by now.
    They do. (Last time I checked)
    Just a matter of time until Game Stop goes bye bye and we can just DL our game without all the BS.

please count faster

I'm also in Aus but down in Tasmania and only 1 gameshop left down here which is EB Games. I was in there last Friday after preordering the game 3 weeks ago and they told me the special edition was announced and they had all the info which matched what the official website said ie. patch, map ingame hairstyles and whatnot.

Might be an idea to recheck with your local store and see if they can get the Special edition now.

Can not wait to get down and deploy! Literally been watching everything I come across on the youtube. Have the Propofol ready make this 5 day wait go by a little faster!!

HIDDEN MOVEMENT

My brother in Oz is getting the SE. Can't recall where from, but if you like, I'll get onto him and find out. I'd hate for you to miss out just because your local seller can't type "SE" after the name of the game Might be a bit late this close to release, but you never know.

EB Games seems to have it mate ($78). AND JB have the one you can get with the tshirt ($69 pre order). Hope some of that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyranger View Post
    AND JB have the one you can get with the tshirt ($69 pre order). Hope some of that might help.
    You sure?!?! I might just go slaughter the staff of all three of my local JB stores if that's true! They specifically told me they weren't selling the Special Edition.

Heck, they told me they weren't selling it for anything other than the PS3...

All THREE of them.

EB certainly has the SE available though. $78 as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    I have not pre-ordered mine, Special edition (with poster and stuff) is nowhere to be found in a gameshop that's located in europe and able to send the game to Holland. Im no Steam user and if steam is going to be the only way to pre-order than i just wait till release and buy it in a gameshop. A friend of my works at this big electronics store (office work responsible for buying in stuff) and also sells games and she normally brings me the games i want, but she cant find the SE in the list of games they can order so im expecting the worst.

I am pretty convinced that even a store bought copy of the game will require you to install steam. You will have to use steam to activate the software.
    If you don't want steam, you would have to buy the game for PS3 or XBOX 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm8251 View Post
    You sure?!?! I might just go slaughter the staff of all three of my local JB stores if that's true! They specifically told me they weren't selling the Special Edition.

Heck, they told me they weren't selling it for anything other than the PS3...

All THREE of them.

EB certainly has the SE available though. $78 as you mentioned.
    Just to be clear - I don't think the JB one is the Special Ed. It is just cheaper to pre-order and comes with the t-shirt (and the elite soldier pack if you pre-order of course!) I mentioned it mostly because I've seen nowhere else in Oz you can get the shirt.

I don't want to be indirectly linked to the murders of retail staff!

It's absolute BS that they're only selling it (in store) for the PS3 though. Sub optimal performance JB!

No idea why anyone has a problem with steam, window lickingly easy to use and convenient.

Its stupid you cannot play day 9 cos' you aren't on US. You paid the same, I paid in dollars and i dont have the same benefits of US. This is tottaly DUMB. If i play after them, is should paid on steam with my local currency. This is so stupid that people who didn't even buy the game can already play it with hacked versions. Meanwhile we who bought it cannot.
    It makes me think some things. Should i bought it? Specially pre-order?

Derrhans, some stores in the netherlands already had them on the shelf by accident. Xbox and the pc SE. I won't say the name of the store because I don't want to get them in trouble for their mistake. But the location was Stadshart Amstelveen, they might have done it in other stores from the same francise. Or they figured it out and got them of the shelf. I am playing xcom on xbox since tuesday.