Thread: Customizable User Interface for PC version of Infinite?

Customizable User Interface for PC version of Infinite?

I was curious as to whether or not there will be a robust set of options in Bioshock Infinite for PC players to customize the user interface? I ask only because the lack of such a feature in PC games today can be somewhat irritating. It looks like this October's Dishonored has the right away in terms of allowing PC players to custom tailor the user interface to their liking...

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/13/a...ns/#more-19346

Who else would be interested in seeing a variety of options with regard to the user interface in the PC version of Infinite? I know that being able to disable the game's HUD would most certainly do wonders for facilitating the players sense of immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf121 View Post
    I was curious as to whether or not there will be a robust set of options in Bioshock Infinite for PC players to customize the user interface? I ask only because the lack of such a feature in PC games today can be somewhat irritating. It looks like this October's Dishonored has the right away in terms of allowing PC players to custom tailor the user interface to their liking...

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/13/a...ns/#more-19346

Who else would be interested in seeing a variety of options with regard to the user interface in the PC version of Infinite? I know that being able to disable the game's HUD would most certainly do wonders for facilitating the players sense of immersion.
    It would be useful to have a visual tile button on HUD (moveable position) for weapon options (maybe even settable to different weapon+ammo type each) that would be mnemonic (you click on meaningful picture button with mouse and if its alreadythe weapon but dif ammo its smart enuf just to just change the ammo). Seriously this was done on PC games 15 years ago and what we get is lame console-isms (stepping thru options with keyboard presses) and apparently the the developers are too lazy to make the more useful PC control variant. Theres always plenty of space around the edges of the view screen to place them that doesnt interfere with the game view.

Ditto would be activation of the magic potion - no fumbling with finding the potion you want to use - right there on the screen (hopefully with a picture that measn something and isnt stupidly abstracted out of being mnemonic.

I liked the discreet hud they put during the 2011 E3 demo which was contextual and only appeared when it was necessary, like when Booker took some Bucking Bronco, money, etc. I hope they'll let you toggle between those many options in the console versions. So I wish they did something quite similar to Dishonored.
    Last edited by losstarot; 07-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.