Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Preorder Information Thread!

The Official Preorder Information Thread!

Hey everyone!

There has been confusion about the availability of the different editions of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, especially internationally, so here’s the One Thread To Clarify Them All!

The Editions
    First here's a roundup of the different editions of the game:

• PC Special Edition (physical) - In the US, this is the only physical version being sold. It will also be available in most international territories from major retailers.
    • PC Standard Edition (physical) - Only available in certain international territories as a lower-cost alternative to the special edition.
    • PC Standard Edition (digital) - Digital copies of the game will be the Standard Edition.
    • Xbox 360 Standard Edition
    • PlayStation 3 Standard Edition

To double-clarify: in the US, if you buy a boxed copy of the PC version of the game from any retailer, it will be the Special Edition because that's the only version we're making a box for. If you buy it digitally (from Steam or any other digital retailer) it'll be the Standard Edition.

Our International teams are currently working to make sure our retail partners in all other countries have XCOM: Enemy Unknown available for pre-order. However, we are not quite there yet! Keep in mind that just because a store doesn't have the game listed yet, doesn't mean you won't be able to pre-order from them.

Our official website is getting a major update in the coming weeks, and when it launches we'll have a page with links taking you directly to retail pages for all the different countries.

The Elite Solder Pack Launch Bonus
    As we announced previously, if you pre-order the game, you get guaranteed free access to the "Elite Soldier Pack" DLC. This is a cosmetic-only DLC that we're giving to our first customers as a thank you for supporting us.

This is available internationally. Here are the territories already confirmed to include the Elite Soldier Pack in the first shipment, in box:

• North America
    • UK
    • Germany
    • France
    • Spain
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Nordic Region
    • Eastern Europe
    • South Africa
    • Middle East
    • Australia
    • New Zealand

We are still working with our partners in all territories to get XCOM:EU and the Elite Soldier Pack out to as many people as possible. If your country is not listed, please leave us a note or check back for updates in the coming weeks. This thread will be updated as the country list expands.

FAQ

Launch Bonus

What is the Pre-Order/Launch Bonus?
    Launch edition copies (all platforms) will include the Elite Soldier Pack. The pack includes:
    • Classic X-COM Soldier: Receive a new recruit in their Barracks inspired by the original X-COM: UFO Defense. The blonde, flattop hairstyle will return in its full glory, modernized with the rest of the XCOM universe.
    • Soldier Deco packs: Customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits
    • Complete color customization: A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow complete control to customize your squad's look.

How will it be delivered?
    The bonus will be delivered via DLC through a one time use code that is packed in the box.

Do I have to pre-order it? What if my retailer doesn't support pre-orders?
    Pre-ordering simply secures your launch edition copy of the copy from the first shipment (assuming it is picked up in time). It is not 100% necessary to pre-order the game, and you can certainly show up on launch day and receive game copies from that first shipment.

How will I be certain the game includes this bonus?
    The bonus content will be called out prominently on the packaging.

Is this exclusive to one retailer or country?
    It is available at all retailers in all major territories. (see the first post in this thread for the exact list of confirmed countries as it grows)

If I purchase on Steam or digitally, will I still get the bonus?
    Yes, the bonus will be available for pre-sales and during a very limited period around launch.

Is this content that's already on disc that you're holding back?
    This content is separate from the game's content and is not on disc. It is a separate download (not 108kb!) that provides this bonus content.

PC Special Edition

What's included in the PC Special Edition?
    In addition to the game, the PC Special Edition includes:
    • Fold out poster of the XCOM base
    • Art book detailing the conceptual journey of the re-imagining of the classic
    • Patch of the XCOM "Vigilo/Confido" insignia
    • Digital bonus items including multi-monitor desktops, soundtrack, and more

Will there be a digital deluxe edition? Can I get similar content on Steam?
    The Special Edition and its content is exclusive to retail.

Will you offer a PC regular edition at retail?
    In North America, the PC Special Edition will be the exclusive edition offered at retail. Certain territories outside of NA may offer a standard/regular edition at retail as well.

How big is the box?
    The box is a standard sized PC "mini-box" -- thicker than an Amaray but similar to the PC boxes from about 5 years ago.

What retailers will carry this? Is this exclusive to one retailer?
    This is not exclusive to one retailer, and will be available at all retailers that would normally carry our PC games.

Is this available outside of North America?
    Yes, it is not limited to a single territory.

How much does this edition cost?
    The PC Special Edition has an MSRP of $59.99 in the US.
    Last edited by 2K Greg; 07-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Additional clarifications posted later in this thread:

The Special Edition will be available in the UK, but most retailers do not yet have it listed. Our sales team is working with the retailers to get it all up, but this stuff can take a bit of time. Sorry for the wait!

Enlil: The special edition should be available in Sweden and the whole Nordic region, but they do warn that they can't guarantee how many.

For people asking about Norway and Denmark, it's the same answer as Sweden above.

jfhansen: The Elite Soldier Pack will be available in Denmark, and the entire Nordic region.
    Tomáš: The ESP is also available in Czech Republic.

Yes, answers here about the UK also apply to Ireland.

The game is rated USK16 in Germany, and thus will be unmodified from the US version. Here are some links to the German special edition. They'll be added to the official webpage soon: Amazon.de Gamestop.de Gamesonly
    Last edited by 2K Greg; 08-16-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Now this thread is thorough! Thanks for the information!

I see that Belgium is not included in the list. Will the PC special edition be available there? The main gaming outlet is Gamemania (www.gamemania.be), voted store of the year 2011 by the way. They do have XCOM up for ordering, but they couldn't say if it was the Special Edition or the lower-priced Standard Edition.

Awesome - i just wish this was available a couple of weeks earlier!

Can't wait to get my amazon.ca pre-order

for the uk theres shopto.net advertisiing the pre order

I have preordered from gamestop. the website said something about a flame thrower included in the bonus, is that true?

I just went back to recheck the site and now it doesn't say anything about a flame thrower

Hi,
    I live in Thailand and I'd like to pre-order XCOM:EU Special Edition from Amazon.com(I'm a real fan ). But I'm not sure that the game can install on my Steam? Could you confirm it?

BTW, I hope that I could pre-order XCOM:EU Special Edition from retailers in my country. Sadly , In my experience, many other well-known games could not. Should I wait for it!!!

Thank you for the information, I've already pre-ordered but if you guys could release a demo soon, that would be awesome. Can't wait to play this game, I've warned my wife that I will not be available for anything the weekend after it comes out ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dohon View Post
    Now this thread is thorough! Thanks for the information!

I see that Belgium is not included in the list. Will the PC special edition be available there? The main gaming outlet is Gamemania (www.gamemania.be), voted store of the year 2011 by the way. They do have XCOM up for ordering, but they couldn't say if it was the Special Edition or the lower-priced Standard Edition.
    The international guys tell me that Belgium is planing to have both the special and standard editions available. By the time the website launches we should have confirmation and links to our retail partners

Quote Originally Posted by pog08 View Post
    Hi,
    I live in Thailand and I'd like to pre-order XCOM:EU Special Edition from Amazon.com(I'm a real fan ). But I'm not sure that the game can install on my Steam? Could you confirm it?

BTW, I hope that I could pre-order XCOM:EU Special Edition from retailers in my country. Sadly , In my experience, many other well-known games could not. Should I wait for it!!!
    I'll check on Thailand for you.

I was also wondering if Singapore will be getting any pre-order love for XCOM. I have been a fan since the first game and I really want to support this awesome game!

Whether we ore-order, post-order, direct download, Xbox buy, or get the special edition,,,,, will the game still come with genuine gameplay awesome, nostalgic bliss, and satisfaction for 18 years of fervent anticipation?

Quote Originally Posted by Howellren View Post
    Whether we ore-order, post-order, direct download, Xbox buy, or get the special edition,,,,, will the game still come with genuine gameplay awesome, nostalgic bliss, and satisfaction for 18 years of fervent anticipation?
    Without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post
    The international guys tell me that Belgium is planing to have both the special and standard editions available. By the time the website launches we should have confirmation and links to our retail partners
    Much obliged, kind sir!

2K Greg!! Thank you good sir, you are a gentlemen and a scholar! Now where do we get the T-Shirts budz!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Avaloch View Post
    I was also wondering if Singapore will be getting any pre-order love for XCOM. I have been a fan since the first game and I really want to support this awesome game!
    created an account just to support this.
    Pls have special edition pre-order available for Singapore.

What will the MSRP be for console versions, as well as 'normal' PC versions in the USA?

Damn, i was hoping for that alpha build of the game that was closer to the original to be released with the special edition. Is this a definite no to that? Also, thanks for this info.

Sweet, I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the soldier pack on STEAM, but now I can relax!

I went to walmart to pre-order my copy and they told me I wouldnt be able to pick it up until the 16th? Why the hell would it take a week to recieve a game that is being released on the 9th?? I even told them I wanted to pick it up at the store and the walmart employee said delivery is still a week.... I'm completely confused and said screw it.

Is it safe to assume Ireland is considered part of the U.K on that list?

Thank you very much for the information, especially the part about the pre-order bonus. Now I’m sure to get it. Still waiting for the Special Edition, but patiently waiting now.

Is there any information about the rating in Germany available already? And are there any plans for a cut version if it gets a USK 18 rating?

P.S.
    Posted a summary of the information in the comment section of amazon.de with links to this thread and the XCOM page. So maybe I can get a little discount for advertising your game?

Thank you for the information, though I do have a couple of question. How will the deco armor work? Will it just over lap the current armor like a 'skin' in some games, or will it replace the armor? And will the elite soldier become available DLC for everyone later on at all?

Hi! I have a doubt and I just wanted to check before buying it from Amazon. Here's the deal: Amazon.com has a 'special' paragraph saying that it's the special edition. Amazon.co.uk (I'll be living in England by the time the game comes out) doesn't have any sort of mention to it being a special edition. Can anyone confirm that it actually is or isn't the special edition?

Thanks in advance =)

(I'm so excited about this game I just feel like staring at the screen to see any changes =P )

Can't wait for the Amazon.de direct Link for the Special Edition. If the Special Edition can't be ordered on Amazon.de I'm planning on ordering from Amazon.com and ship to Germany. Would the game from US install in DE Steam if i have to?

Is there any information about the rating in Germany available already? And are there any plans for a cut version if it gets a USK 18 rating?
    Can't wait for the Amazon.de direct Link for the Special Edition. If the Special Edition can't be ordered on Amazon.de I'm planning on ordering from Amazon.com and ship to Germany. Would the game from US install in DE Steam if i have to?
    dont worry my german neighbours, I'm pretty sure Austria will get a few special edition boxed copies. i just dont know where to pre-order them to get the extra swag. you dont have to be scared of any USK ratings over here...! my only worry is, if its still in english or not...

just out of the curiosity, anything for brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by ste-V View Post
    dont worry my german neighbours, I'm pretty sure Austria will get a few special edition boxed copies. i just dont know where to pre-order them to get the extra swag. you dont have to be scared of any USK ratings over here...! my only worry is, if its still in english or not...
    If it’s on Steam you can always switch to your preferred language. I also believe that you lucky Austrians always get the "European Version", which normally is in English, German, French and Spain.

The "German Version" is like the european one, only with green blood and without Ragdoll ...

yeah thats right with steam, but i want the boxed super-duper special version with flat tops and pink camo

yeah german versions are mean man, MEAN! takes the F out of the FUN! I'll have a look around for shops offering pre-order (swag-box) and will try to let you guys know, but if it turns into a too big of a hassle, I'll order across amazon.co.uk too...
    PS: media markt or saturn are usually pretty quick with new releases, but i dont want to set my foot into any one of those again, and there's always the chance that the game is too "indie" for those shops...wouldnt be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post

Our official website is getting a major update in the coming weeks, and when it launches we'll have a page with links taking you directly to retail pages for all the different countries.
    sounds cool! does that mean new info and maybe a countdown (we can hypnotocally stare at) until alien invasion?

sorry, off topic btw. but that sentence got me thinking...

As clarification:

Do we receive ONE flattop soldier, and if they die, they are gone?

Or do we receive the flattop 'hairstyle' back in our soldier customization area, meaning that MORE flattop soldiers can be created? And if not the latter, why not? Presumably the graphics have already been created since the inclusion of the original soldier.

I got some German version with FSK18 or no rating at all, which seemed to have the same gore factor as the original versions, so it seems that FSK isn't putting games on index that quick anymore.
    But if so I'll just order from my favorite Austrian store.

ok. do you know what enterprise will resell ir for brazilian retailers?
    speaking int he name of one of the retail
    Or should we order from Amazon as final users?

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    I got some German version with FSK18 or no rating at all, which seemed to have the same gore factor as the original versions, so it seems that FSK isn't putting games on index that quick anymore.
    But if so I'll just order from my favorite Austrian store.
    which shop is that? i havent bought boxed copies of games for ages!

Question about Box copies and Steam:

If someone buys a Box version of X-Com:Enemy Unknown, will they be able to register the key into Steam so steam can provide patches and replacement download if the CD is damaged/lost?

(Steam has an option to enter CD keys to add games and I've personally had games purchased as boxes and registered to Steam/Window Live [and unfortunately EA now Origin which no longer works for me and all games registered to it since Dec of 2011], I've also purchased games via Steam and had the key transferred to other providers [EA for an EA game]).

Thank god The Netherlands is in that list and a Box copy as well...
    Good to see if i pre-order im not bound to steam...

Now its just waiting on the Site Overhaul with Links, prolly the price will be like every other thing out in the world. $ > € so €60,-
    Here take it already *insert futurama "take money.jpg"*

Hello!! I want to ask you, if you can take steps so the XCOM:EU + the Elite Soldier Pack will be available also in Czech republic. Thank you!!!

P.S. I know that this is probly not the right topic for this, but on the screenshots and videos i saw, that your soldier have theyr national flag on theyr backs so i want to ask, if there will be all the national flags available?? (im mainly interested in Czech republic´s flag Thank you for your answers and thank you for making this great game.

Not to be mercenary, but will the Standard Edition (digital) be cheaper than the Special at release?

Quote Originally Posted by ste-V View Post
    which shop is that? i havent bought boxed copies of games for ages!
    http://www.uncut-games.at/

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast