Thread: Scrounger Tonic

Scrounger Tonic

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the way it's ment to be used...but, When your using this Tonic and you hit (R) to find out what else they were carrying, do you risk losing everything they already had that is visible to you? In some instances, I kept what they had (when I pressed E) because they didn't have anymore when I pressed R, and sometimes when I press E, I'll find myself with 10 Dollars (for example) and if I hit R, then it'll switch to another item if they were carrying, for example distilled water, and I would only be able to pick up the Distilled Water and not the 10 Dollars anymore.

Do you understand what I am saying? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Or is this indeed a risk I'm taking by pressing R?

Thanks for your time.

"Working as intended," I think.

It rerolls the loot, so you have a chance to get something better or worse.

If you think your loot is crap, reroll it to try and get better, if it is good, just pick it up.

Oh yeah, and if it has no loot at all to begin with, you won't find anything on reroll either.

Infuriating, IMO. I flushed Scrounger in the nearest toilet.

I thought Scrounger would let you get essentially 6 loot spots but all it does is "reroll" the loot lottery. Scrounger is one of the best examples of "great on paper, horrible on practice" elements of a game.

It's a pain to constantly do but you can save before you hit "R" and if you don't like/need the second set of items then just reload back to the first set.<g>
    Comes in handy if you are short of specific items for the U-Vent machines such as screws or shotgun shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgerth Heidern View Post
    Oh yeah, and if it has no loot at all to begin with, you won't find anything on reroll either.

Infuriating, IMO. I flushed Scrounger in the nearest toilet.
    Incorrect. There is a chance for something show up. I've rerolled on several corpses that were originally empty and had an item show up (usually ammo or jack Ryan bucks lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by CherryIcee View Post
    Incorrect. There is a chance for something show up. I've rerolled on several corpses that were originally empty and had an item show up (usually ammo or jack Ryan bucks lol.)

I sometimes get a couple of bucks when I scrounge around on it again. Rarely. Still, I have mixed emotions about the scrounger tonic. I'll use it, put it away, then put it back. Mainly so I can do something about the fact that I only have 1 enzyme sample or 1 or two bottles of alcohol yet I have 32 screws or 20 shell casings. The closer I watch my inventory the better I do with Scrounger.

I hate scrounger. What a waste of a precious slot.

I'd say it's about 50-50 whether I'm better off or worse off for using Scrounger. Which means that half the time, I should have just stayed with what I looted, and used a different tonic in place of it. Am I right?

The scrounger is a horribly bad tonic. it takes up a tonic slot, and it never really proves useful. The chances for you getting something good from the reroll should be the same as on your first roll. If you're getting sh*t then just accept that and go kill another splicer. Way better in my opinion than having to use up a tonic slot

I use it early on before I have better tonics to use instead.