Thread: The Gene-Bank.

The Gene-Bank.

I was re-watching the 14 minute bioshock walkthrough just now and had a couple of questions. Provided that I know that nobody really knows how everything is going to work out in BioShock, I'm just asking for your opinion on what I am asking. When the player comes across the gene-bank(then plasmi-quck), the options were to "A" use, or "Y" hack. I wasn't quite sure how hacking a gene-bank would benefit you the player. I came to the conclusion that if it costs Adam to use a gene-bank, than hacking it could possibly mean that you won't ever have to use Adam to use a gene-bank in the future.

Also, when the player was swapping the "speed-boost" plasmid with the "agressor irritant" plasmid, there were only 3 slots open, with some having an "x" in the middle of them. I'm assuming that the slots marked with an "x" will be available later on in the game so that you can carry moe than just 3 plasmids with you at any one time

What are your thoughts?

im sure the hack feature will be a lot like SS2 in that if you can hack it it will cost less adam to use than usual

Quote Originally Posted by lurchibald View Post
    im sure the hack feature will be a lot like SS2 in that if you can hack it it will cost less adam to use than usual
    what he said

what about the plasmid slots, you think i'm on the right track with that?

Yeah, you probably find "gene boosters" or something that allow you to open more slots for plasmids and gene tonics.

Now, if you can still hack Gene Banks, it would most likely cost less Adam, which opens up those closed slots

does anybody know the maximum amount of plasmids we can cary at one time? and in that certain number of plasmids we can cary at one time, do we have to share those with combat tonics, gene tonics, etc?

There are 3 at once. I think those are just the active ones though and the passive ones stay with you no matter what.

what can you do with the passive plasmids?
    sorry, but what are some examples of active/passive plasmids?
    are passive plasmids always passive, or do you have to turn them into active to use them?

i don't know if this is right, but are the active plasmids the ones that directly harm the enemy, and passive would be like security-beacon, splicer irritant.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsays View Post
    what can you do with the passive plasmids?
    sorry, but what are some examples of active/passive plasmids?
    are passive plasmids always passive, or do you have to turn them into active to use them?

i don't know if this is right, but are the active plasmids the ones that directly harm the enemy, and passive would be like security-beacon, splicer irritant.
    Active are ones that you have to consciously activate and use such as Electrobolt or Pyrokinesis.

A Passive one is one you equip and it is always on. Like Booze Hound, it will always give you the health benefit from alcohol. Booze Hound also happens to be the best name for a power EVER!

ah, thank you for explaining it.
    so how many passive plasmids do you get to have "on" at one time?

on suspension -- possible hacked account
    For a moment there I was moving the cursor over to edit the title to "The Plasmi-Quik", but then my mod job security angel kicked in

Mattsays, search the log of the user named irrationalallexx. I remember he answered a question or offered answers about the amount of active/passive plasmids some time ago.

IIRC........7? Lucky 7? Or maybe it was 3

Oh and your words are a welcome treat. It's always good to attract well-spoken and thoughtful new posters

thanks raveness, i'll have to look into that.

you would have to search for Irrational_Alexx... welcome back Raveness

Quote Originally Posted by mattsays View Post
    I was re-watching the 14 minute bioshock walkthrough just now and had a couple of questions. Provided that I know that nobody really knows how everything is going to work out in BioShock, I'm just asking for your opinion on what I am asking. When the player comes across the gene-bank(then plasmi-quck), the options were to "A" use, or "Y" hack. I wasn't quite sure how hacking a gene-bank would benefit you the player. I came to the conclusion that if it costs Adam to use a gene-bank, than hacking it could possibly mean that you won't ever have to use Adam to use a gene-bank in the future.

Also, when the player was swapping the "speed-boost" plasmid with the "agressor irritant" plasmid, there were only 3 slots open, with some having an "x" in the middle of them. I'm assuming that the slots marked with an "x" will be available later on in the game so that you can carry moe than just 3 plasmids with you at any one time

What are your thoughts?
    You can hack a Gene Bank so that when anyone tries to use it a cloud of poisonous smoke comes up and damages them. (The Gene Bank is also the health station isn't it? Or is that something else?)

You might also be able to reduce the cost?

--
    Yes, you will be able to gain more slots in the future so you can carry more plasmids. Also, some of the powers can be used longer (like SPEED for instance) based on the number of slots you have.